• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New Lion King film

S

Sagt

Fuck Detective Pikachu, Lion King is the live action I actually want.

According to some rando in the comments, who was quoting someone else, you can watch this side-by-side with the original animated film and they will be synced up perfectly.

Don't fuck this up for me, Disney.

S

Sagt

(And fine, it's technically not a live-action, but you get the idea. In any case, it looks visually gorgeous, based on the trailer.)

According to some rando in the comments, who was quoting someone else, you can watch this side-by-side with the original animated film and they will be synced up perfectly.
They apparently quoted the director, but I can't find this info anywhere. Beginning to have doubts about whether this is true, or if the story will be adapted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Not gonna lie, while this looks amazing, it's got a massive uncanny valley kinda thing going on for me in a few scenes in the trailer alone...

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
It's #CurrentYear Disney. I won't say anything from the trailer alone as it's too short to make any sort of proper judgement.

But we'll see once the movie is out and actual people have seen it.

D

Deleted member 111470

Damn, that looks amazing. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
@Simo Too right!:).
Well, this looks very good so far! I suspect that those involved are fully aware that a remaking of such an iconic movie as this requires great delicacy, and I'm confident that they won't botch it. The very worst that I expect is for it to be a bit bland.

Something else I want to add is that I hope parents still show their kids the original, NOTHING can beat that!:D

A bit disapointed the yeens didn't come up in this trailer though XD

(And fine, it's technically not a live-action, but you get the idea. In any case, it looks visually gorgeous, based on the trailer.)

They apparently quoted the director, but I can't find this info anywhere. Beginning to have doubts about whether this is true, or if the story will be adapted.

If the quote is genuine it may also be that they're not speeking litterally, maybe more in a general sense, or with certain scenes. I do think it'll have to be adapted, otherwise it won't have a quality of uniqueness beyond the live action aspect.

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:D

Idk if I feel like reliving the whole
Scar Vs Mufusa
scene again. But I got goosebumps when that music hit so I guess I have to see it.

The original is a timeless classic, one of my all-time favorites. I never saw the sequels or that spin-off series but the trailer shows this movie is going to be extremely pleasant on the optical receptors.

Seth Rogen doesn't feel like a good fit for this movie but I guess I have to wait and see.

My 2019 Netflix list is going to grow immensely larger now.

:D

RearmedDreamer

Perpetual Dreamer
I'm not hyped about the casting for the most part (except for my boi James) but I'll be damned if it doesn't look high quality. Lion King on stage is probably my favorite though. -.o

A

Aznig

I’m so excited for this! Not sure how great it’ll be, but I’m sure I’ll love it nonetheless. I quite liked the live action jungle book so if that’s anything to go by, I may like this one too!

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I don't really understand the disney live action remakes of ancient cartoons.

I would understand if they remade them for children, but it feels like the hyper-realistic special effects are aimed at adults who've 'graduated' from the animation age ghetto. I feel that the ultra realistic style borders on making the content scary for young children...who are the ones the plot is designed for.

...and if the story is scene-for-scene identical to the original plot, why was a remake necessary? If I was lucky enough to be blessed with a disgusting brood of children of my own, they might just enjoy the ancient cartoon more.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
They'd better not fuck this up.

I continue to not like the uncanny valley look of CGI animals, though.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I saw the original TLK when it was in theaters in 1994. I feel so old now... :(

And I see that Disney is doing remakes of Aladdin and Dumbo too. I think they're either trying to cash in on the nostalgia market, or they're running out of ideas, or both.

I was busy being born when people were watching the Lion king, haha.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
...and if the story is scene-for-scene identical to the original plot, why was a remake necessary?

My thought exactly... I don't really see the point. I'm curious to see how some of the more cartoony scenes and characters are handled, though. Beyond that, it does seem kinda pointless.

Stratelier

And I see that Disney is doing remakes of Aladdin and Dumbo too. I think they're either trying to cash in on the nostalgia market, or they're running out of ideas, or both.
Oh, the "new idea" market has been out of business for decades, if not longer. There are no "new ideas" so much as just new angles and executions.

C

CrookedCroc

Can't say I'm hyped for this one, it seems really unnecessary to make a realistic looking version of an animated classic that saved the company years ago.

Besides, I've heard that they got rid of the hyenas and "Be prepared"

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo

Alv

Banned
Banned
I'm honestly kind of reserved about this. Because it feels like all the movie companies are recycling their own ideas and not coming up new material in the meantime. So I will not be holding my breath.
If you insist *unzips pants*

o_O

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
This was floating around discord.
image0.jpg