• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

new snake oc help

im working on making a new oc, a snake. no arms or legs, just a real anatomical snakesona. im going to include some daily parts of there life as a snake, like struggling in a world of four legged furries.

for example every morning they put in colored contacts to make their eyes look more "friendly" because they get treated like an inherently evil person for being a snake and they put a lot of energy into trying to appear nicer to make others more comfortable. being albino they other Dye there skin different colors so they dont seem "creepy".

and id love to hear other suggestions and i need some ideas for thier tattoos

MissNook

I think you can ask yourself some questions like how a snake can open a door or a cupboard for example. Does they have some kind of hook that they can use with their mouth?

How do they drive? Can they? Do they have cars with automatic shift? If that's the case that means they have to pay more for their cars and they may be less young adult snakes with cars because of the money needed.

Do they have snakes clubs? Where they can be themselves together.

If snake eyes are to be covered, how about crocodiles in your world? Do they wear contact too? They are four-legged but they have reptilian eyes.
How about felines like saber-tooth tiger? Do they have to hide their fangs to not scare others? Like wearing masks?
If it's only snakes, why? Did some snakes do awful things in the past and they are now victims of the history and conflation?

I think you can ask yourself some questions like how a snake can open a door or a cupboard for example. Does they have some kind of hook that they can use with their mouth?

How do they drive? Can they? Do they have cars with automatic shift? If that's the case that means they have to pay more for their cars and they may be less young adult snakes with cars because of the money needed.

Do they have snakes clubs? Where they can be themselves together.

If snake eyes are to be covered, how about crocodiles in your world? Do they wear contact too? They are four-legged but they have reptilian eyes.
How about felines like saber-tooth tiger? Do they have to hide their fangs to not scare others? Like wearing masks?
If it's only snakes, why? Did some snakes do awful things in the past and they are now victims of the history and conflation?

oh yeah, i love all these questions!

like i think their house would be specially designed for them like with cabinets they open with push mechanisms, they probable keep a claw tool with them in a bag when they are in nonhandicapped friendly places. there have definitely been vehicles designed for snakes but they are rare and super expensive most are custom made, they mostly just use busses and they can ride on segways. i love the idea of a snake club and because the character moved out of the country to a city they maybe have never been to a snake club. the eye contacts aren't very common, its kinda like he is putting a lot of energy into making himself appear normal or what he thinks is normal from growing up around mostly farm animal furries. he just super insecure about how he looks not only as a snake but also as an albino. idk what happened in the past but the snakes still do deal with that unfair conflation

photo_2019-11-05_21-17-35.jpg
photo_2019-11-05_21-17-39.jpg
photo_2019-11-05_21-17-42.jpg

I think you can do some very interesting stuff with this concept. I would like to ask if the four legged furries are bipedal or quadripedal. Because depending on which one you choose, you can do some cool stuff in regards to not only the disadvatages but the advantages he has being armless/legless. I'd also recommend asking yourself 1) How does he put these contacts on in the first place (no arms and stuff)? 2) Does he have a community of other snakes to fit in with or even a community of other reptiles 3) Does this fursona slither parallel to the ground or does he keep himself upright sort of like a cobra?

Since we're on the topic of snakes, the comic I'm working on has a society of snakes based on different united snake tribes under one ruler that occupy Egypt (crocodiles inhabit Libya. Every other reptile species occupy the Middle East). Although they have a pair of arms and slither upright. I'd be curious to see how your snakesona would interact with my one my characters.
Raqisa Zanji: "Oh, sun bleached child, did they sever your arms? I'll take you to our priests. They'll pray that the infidels that did this to you will suffer a pain as great as my pleasure upon seeing you. Oh? You were born this way? Then you have my sympathy."

well most furries would look like they do in the furry fandom, so some walk on 2 legs, some 4, and some as tuars

i think hed make friends with other snakes in the city but his lonely at the moment. i posted a pic of him putting on his morning make routine lol. and he is a cobra but they do also move flat on the ground and only "stand up" to strick or play a defensive bluff

Excuse me? I don't know if that was directed at me and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it wasn't. But to make it clear, I have no interest nor desire in adding your sona into my comic. Certainly not a bland sona like yours. I'm gonna leave this conversation at that.

well no, it wasnt meant to be about you ...

i just thought it was kinda funny but you seem to have gotten all serious all of a sudden

what i meant was that i personally and developing ideas for a webcomic around my oc. i had only made this oc to experiment with a non naga snake furry but after talking about the character and answering questions and thinking up deeper backstories this experimental character is becoming the center of my comic idea.

as a joke i said "oh no" because i am once again overcomplicating a small oc, and i also have never actually made any webcomics based on any of my ideas so to create another idea that im not going to follow through on is just one more reason for me to feel sad.

the point of the joke was self-deprecating, i don't know see how you were so offended

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
Excuse me? I don't know if that was directed at me and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it wasn't. But to make it clear, I have no interest nor desire in adding your sona into my comic. Certainly not a bland sona like yours. I'm gonna leave this conversation at that.
What a bitter, unkind, and totally unnecessary comment. "Certainly not a bland sona like yours" after seeing you comment on the other posts and liking the pictures.

ANYWAY

Snakes rule and I'm loving it so far!

What a bitter, unkind, and totally unnecessary comment. "Certainly not a bland sona like yours" after seeing you comment on the other posts and liking the pictures.

ANYWAY

Snakes rule and I'm loving it so far!
thanks, and i have no idea why they thought i was talking about them anyways

reminds me of a dude calling a girl ugly after asking her out and she said no

MissNook

For the tattoo I think it would be mostly cute and nice things to make people want to like him, right?
I thought about smiling eyes because of the cobra with false big eyes marks:
f5f5410cbb701105a26085bc85090b0a.jpg

And maybe things like flowers, peace sign, or calligraphic words (like pawsitivity, happiness and so on)