• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New Species for FurAffinity

Banan

hello, it has come to my attention that the species "Banana" does not exist when uploading art. how does one plan to overtake the earth if they do not exist? this is a top priority issue that must be resolved. please consider.

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
hello, it has come to my attention that the species "Banana" does not exist when uploading art. how does one plan to overtake the earth if they do not exist? this is a top priority issue that must be resolved. please consider.
On a more serious note I did actually compile a bunch of issues with the species tab a while ago so fuck it I'm gonna post them here

- Crows are included, but so are their parent family, Corvidae/ Corvids. Just use the latter, it's more inclusive.
- Bears get their own segment but you aren't given a choice of which bear.
- Camelidae/ Camelids get their own segement despite being rare and only containing two really distinct groups, Camels and Llamas
- Domestic Dogs are given their own option, but so are specific breeds
- "Canines and Lupines" is a group. Lupines aren't a proper grouping. Just use Canidae/ Canids, then you can include any Canines (Inc. Vulpinins), as well as the Borophagines and Hesperocyonines, as rare as they are (I know two of the former, none of the latter)
- Cervidae/ Cervids share the same problem as Bears.
- "Cows and Bovines" are a group - Cows ARE Bovines. The others listed are Caprines. The proper term for the whole grouping is Bovidae/ Bovids.
- Equidae/ Equids don't have an "Other" option. What if I wanted to post a Chalicothere character? I've seen a handful of them.
- Phoenixes and Gryphons aren't in Mythicals - they're placed with birds
- Again, incorrect terminology with Felines. I'll be honest these complaints are more me being pedantic but eh fuck it I'm in too deep lmao. Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Jaguars, Snow Leopards and Clouded Leopards are Pantherines. Sabrecats are Machairodontines. The collective term is Felidae/ Felid
- Arachnids and Scorpions are listed seperately under "Insects". Neither are Insects, and Arachnids covers Scorpions. All listed are Arthropods, use that name instead.
- Pandas are listed under "Other Mammals". Red Pandas sure but the more famous Giant Pandas are bears.
- Not a complaint but I'm just gonna commend them on putting Hyenas under Other Mammals. Too many misrepresent them as Canids.
- Please just lump the Vulpinins into the Canid grouping. They aren't nearly large enough of a group to warrant their own section.
- Why are Dinosaurs seperate from Reptiles
- Why are Wolverines seperate from Mustelidae/ Mustelids.