• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Request: New species idea (need art for it!!)

Kowu_is_a_scalie_

Reptile Trash Boi
I thiiink I got it? so its starting flat on both sides of the head, theres nothing in the middle, it loops around and meets in the middle, slightly going up?

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
I thiiink I got it? so its starting flat on both sides of the head, theres nothing in the middle, it loops around and meets in the middle, slightly going up?
Ehhm not sure if im understanding what you said but i think it's right.. it comes off the sides and back of its head and domes around the top, it's tall, not as small as holding a little jacket hood over you, and will meet at the top, the front ends in the middle don't meet but they get closer together till they meet in the middle forming together,

Kowu_is_a_scalie_

Reptile Trash Boi
upload_2019-12-17_21-20-12.png
like this? why is this confusing me so much xD

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
View attachment 77170like this? why is this confusing me so much xD
Ah no, like.. it covers the whole back of his head.. yknow like when you put on a jacket hood, it covers the whole back of your head, from the back the hood is all you see. Its conencted to the sides of his head and curves domed around the back, entirely connecting.. then it curves up into a tall hood like your jacket hood does to you but with a lot of empty space in it still rather than directly on top the head

Then the horns shouldn't be coming directly form the back of the head since since they're in the hood and the hood would cut them off in your current location.

When i say hood i literally mean hood, its a dome around over your head, just taller and not directly on top of the actual head but open.. like a snakes hood but instead of on its body its moved to the top and curved to be more in and domed around. Open in the front, completely closed in back and sides

Last edited:

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
For now I'm ignoring if there's anything else wrong since i don't want to overwhelm and just keep it to figuring this out since it seems to be hard.

MissNook

@Bluefiremark II
Got some questions:
  1. Is it a feral species?
  2. Is it a dinosaur-like species? A dragon-like? Something else?
  3. Does it kinda look like a triceratops or at least like a member of the ceratopsidae family? (if not, please, describe its body in term of shape or comparison - like for example it has the same kind of body as a wolf and so on)
  4. If you would choose an existing species that is pretty close to yours, what would it be?
  5. It has only one tail or more (you use tail and tails)?
  6. What do you mean by armor plating? Is it natural armor plates like an ankylosaur or maybe something more medieval fantastic or even mechanic?
That should be enough for the moment for me to begin ^^

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
@Bluefiremark II
Got some questions:
  1. Is it a feral species?
  2. Is it a dinosaur-like species? A dragon-like? Something else?
  3. Does it kinda look like a triceratops or at least like a member of the ceratopsidae family? (if not, please, describe its body in term of shape or comparison - like for example it has the same kind of body as a wolf and so on)
  4. If you would choose an existing species that is pretty close to yours, what would it be?
  5. It has only one tail or more (you use tail and tails)?
  6. What do you mean by armor plating? Is it natural armor plates like an ankylosaur or maybe something more medieval fantastic or even mechanic?
That should be enough for the moment for me to begin ^^
1. It is anthro, stands on two legs.
2. It is not, it is a new species after all so it isn't existing. It does have the look of a lizard or other scalied head though, thin long, curved into the front.
3. It is mediocre sized at the shoulders but widens and thickens down the body. But not *fat*. I'd say a little similar to armadillo, in that most of its armor is the back and the front has less (but still some). The "inside" - anything showing through armor, is a green crystaloid.
4. Hard to say but I'd say a little bit cobra, other lizards, armadillo/ ankylosaur.
5. Just one tail. Thick and long that curls into a ball at the end. Like a tree knots or a cameleon curls.
6. Yeah natural plating. Something like an armadillo or ankylosaur. A thick browned "coat" on different areas of the body. I believe i covered every spot already in previous descriptions.

Make sure to include the most important part. The hood. Think like putting on a jacket hood- but the hood is like twice as large and your head is a small point inside of it, and he has two forward pointing horns. One on either side of the hood coming out just above his head and- just make sure to read everything else here for description again.

If you have more questions or follow up questions please do ask and I'll get to em. I'm not the best descriptor so it's possible i didn't do well enough first try.

MissNook

@Bluefiremark II
Since it's an anthro on two legs, plantigrade or digitigrade or something else?
Its neck is long (more snake/dragon-like) or pretty much average in size?

EDIT: how about its hands? Is it claws with three crystals like the feet?

Last edited:

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
@Bluefiremark II
Since it's an anthro on two legs, plantigrade or digitigrade or something else?
Its neck is long (more snake/dragon-like) or pretty much average in size?

EDIT: how about its hands? Is it claws with three crystals like the feet?
Alright, so its hands are sort of webbed with light armored pieces but majoritively the hand is crystal kinda similar to the foots claws i suppose yeah. As for its neck, its average. But its mostly covered by shoulder plating and head anyway, so not very long.

It's feet would be near like a tree stump in look, save for the crystal claws. Thick and rounded with plating.

MissNook

@Bluefiremark II I'm really not sure what you have in your mind, so I tried several things and here you go.
There's no armor or tail at the moment, since I just wanted to focus on having a better idea for the basics (hood, head and body types).
I put numbers so that we can refer to them if there's something you feel is good in one of those attempts.
1581508249.missnook_bluefiremarkii_species_red.png

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
@Bluefiremark II I'm really not sure what you have in your mind, so I tried several things and here you go.
There's no armor or tail at the moment, since I just wanted to focus on having a better idea for the basics (hood, head and body types).
I put numbers so that we can refer to them if there's something you feel is good in one of those attempts.
1581508249.missnook_bluefiremarkii_species_red.png
I'm thinking more body 2 head 3 and a mix of 1 2 from hood. Number 1 has it coming from the correct spot and 2 has the top indent in it, i imagine a larger looking indent but it'd work anyway.

MissNook

I'm thinking more body 2 head 3 and a mix of 1 2 from hood. Number 1 has it coming from the correct spot and 2 has the top indent in it, i imagine a larger looking indent but it'd work anyway.
I've done this to try to put the whole thing in one drawing. I hope it's a good beginning ^^
1581609509.missnook_bluefiremarkii_species_2_red.png

EDIT : just saw that I forgot that the claws were in green crystal too >_< Let's say it's the case ^^"

Last edited: