• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New submission page, any way to go back to classic?

rakota

The new submission list is just awful. Instead of actually showing you the title of the post, the artist, and giving you a checkbox, you have to actually hover over the image to see ANY of that. Not only is it absolutely disgusting to try and use even on a PC, it completely bricks the page for mobile, as you can only open the images and have absolutely zero way to select them for removal or even see the name of the post and the uploading user.

WTF m8?

Gigaus

Just want to know if there's a way to go back to the previous, better display mode or not? Right now half the submissions on my page are taking up a quarter of the page, the the rest as basically sprite sized...

J

jayhusky

There are known issues with the mobile version, they will be fixed over time, but you have to be patient.

J

jayhusky

At the current time, what you see is what you get, there isn't a way back.
However usercripts/styles can be made to "revert" the changes if needed.

CinintaxError

There are known issues with the mobile version, they will be fixed over time, but you have to be patient.

Except this isn't only on Mobile. I have it on FF, with the latest version.

Whomever designed this didn't think things through too well. There's a lot of important functionality lost with this, not least of all showcasing the artist.

FA is an art site, and not being able to view the artist at a glance is a direct blow to the artist's potential income.

J

jayhusky

Except this isn't only on Mobile. I have it on FF, with the latest version.

Whomever designed this didn't think things through too well. There's a lot of important functionality lost with this, not least of all showcasing the artist.

FA is an art site, and not being able to view the artist at a glance is a direct blow to the artist's potential income.
Granted, yes, there are issues in all the Beta template (both desktop and mobile), but as much as I would like to fix it, I can't as I'm not staff.
I've tried over the last few months to fix as many of the bugs and issues as possible that can be fixed by styles and scripts, but as soon as I get something good done, it changes. to be honest, its disheartening.

If it helps any, I made a dark theme for these forums, mainly to make it more compatible with the main site in terms of continuity, I provided the files, but as you can see, it's still not been installed.

Unless you know of a way to fix every single issue with the site in one fell swoop, there isn't any recourse other than to be patient. I know I sound like a broken record, but that's the way it is unfortunately.

CinintaxError

Never said, or implied you were staff. Was just pointing out that it is in fact a major issue, and that it's not just on mobile.

The thing is, there's a very simple way to deal with this. Rollback until you have a decently usable model, that doesn't shaft the very people that help keep this site running.

J

jayhusky

No I know that you didn't, I was just saying that I would dearly love to fix the issues on the site, but can't.

Oh I agree, at least that or roll it out to a group of users who test it and report back and then update it to a usable model then release.

CinintaxError

No I know that you didn't, I was just saying that I would dearly love to fix the issues on the site, but can't.

Oh I agree, at least that or roll it out to a group of users who test it and report back and then update it to a usable model then release.
Looks like they rolled back or at least restored the functionality!

quoting_mungo

Instead of actually showing you the title of the post, the artist, and giving you a checkbox, you have to actually hover over the image to see ANY of that.
Whether the title/artist/checkbox is shown or not is governed by the Enable/Disable titles toggle button, which should be visible near the top of your page (I can't say exactly where it is on Beta, as I don't use Beta myself).

I'll be merging this thread with the other thread about the UI update in Site Discussion.