• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

skyoko

I'm really new to all things that go on in the furry fandom, and I just have a few questions/would like to hear what you have to say!

I've been to Furry Weekend Atlanta two years in a row, just for a day each time, and I really loved it! I think all of the suits are beautiful, and after the first con I started drawing up a fursona of my own and thinking about what I would most like, and I definitely think I'm most likely a bat. I feel like I've just kind of dipped my feet in the waters though. I haven't ever submerged myself in furry culture, so I was just wondering if someone/a few of you could answer a couple questions for me and also tell me what you love most about furries/being a furry, and how you got into it?

1. How did you become a furry/get interested in the furry fandom?
  2. What is your favourite part about being a furry?
  3. Does being in suit make you more comfortable around other people?
  4. Do you have to have a suit to be considered a furry?
  5. *This question is only because every person I've told about me liking furries has asked* Does being a furry always have a sexual aspect to it/how do you handle people assuming it's a sexual thing?
If you have any other tips/comments for someone new to the fandom, please feel free to share!

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
1:> An ex boyfriend of mine in high school exposed me.
2:> The artwork
3:> Never wore a fursuit, but costuming in general does ease my social anxiety
4:> Most don't, so no.
5:> It's only sexual if you find it sexual. That's also what I tell other people.

All#the#fuR

Everything changed when the Fire Nation killed God
2:> The artwork
3:> Never wore a fursuit, but costuming in general does ease my social anxiety
4:> Most don't, so no.
5:> It's only sexual if you find it sexual. That's also what I tell other people.
Lol sounds like something my last x would have done

D

Deleted member 82554

1) I was bit by a radioactive furry and now I am one, except for the being radioactive part.

2) The shitposting, and the artwork.

3) I have never tried on a full suit but I did try on a Dragon head once because FUCK YOU I'M A DRAGON! >:C and now I want a suit.

4) No because the base definition of a "Furry" is someone that has an interest in "Anthropomorphic Animals".

5) Lol, no. Why would anyone assume that?

Ricky

I've been to Furry Weekend Atlanta two years in a row, just for a day each time, and I really loved it!

FWA is awesome B)

That was my first con, back when it was at the Holiday Inn near the airport and only 500 people or so.

How did you become a furry/get interested in the furry fandom?

Pretty much the same as everyone else. I had access to the internet when I was way too young and got on all the bad newsgroups I shouldn't have and visited all the bad websites. I guess doing this while still learning what sex is all about causes people to become furries because WELP! Here I am.

What is your favourite part about being a furry?

I like to see all the horrified expressions random guests give who aren't part of the con. I also love to be the one they always ask about it all too, for some reason. This way I can either freak them out by verifying all the horrible shit they heard about it is true, or just play dumb and tell them I have no idea what's going on. I just happened to be walking by here with fox ears and fox tails and came in to have a drink :V

Does being in suit make you more comfortable around other people?

No, it does the opposite and makes me UN-comfortable. I sweat like crazy in them and they are hot as hell and also uncomfortable. It feels weird talking in them and people don't like it anyway and children come from fuck nowhere and start pulling on your tail >:c

Do you have to have a suit to be considered a furry?

No, but that *would* be awfully convenient >.>

*This question is only because every person I've told about me liking furries has asked* Does being a furry always have a sexual aspect to it/how do you handle people assuming it's a sexual thing?

It doesn't *have to* and you can be one of the sexually repressed and go sit in the corner.

I send them to my Inkbunny account and make sure they register there first.

In front of everyone? That wasn't very nice :V

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
#1- Stumbled on the fandom in 2002.
#2- That most furries are super accepting
#3- Depends on my mood. Mostly don't suit though.
#4- Nah, I mean, I've been a furry for 14 years. The suit I wore was over a brief period, 2008/2009 I think. So I think you're a furry if you wanna be a furry.
#5- There isn't a sexual aspect for me, I mean, I do nsfw art but sexy stuff didn't draw me in or anything. I just tell people the truth, I'm not into it for sexy stuff, I'm into it for the challenge and the reward I get from drawing cool animal people. *shrug* No one's really bothered me about it. I suppose it's how I frame it. I just call it fantasy illustration. People think that's cool. So then I show them my stuff, and they think that's cool.