• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ZombieBun

Honestly getting used to digital is really hard. I think in the future I'll sketch my OC on paper and then do the line art and color digitally. Constructive criticism welcome!

Attachments

• CAT OC.png
    CAT OC.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 25

Olivitree

Local Bizartist
If you're still learning, I'd always recommend pencil and paper, digital puts another layer of things you need to learn to work with and around on top of learning how to draw.
But, time and some adjustments will help lots!

Digital has the benefit of having line smoothing, so you can crank that up on a few programs (not photoshop, whhhyyy) which helps with the line jitter you can get with slipping on the smooth surface of the tablet or general imperfections in the translation between pen tip and tablet.

A drawing glove is really useful too, for digital AND traditional work to be honest, smudge glove for traditional, on digital, it stops the palm of your hand sticking to the surface of your drawing tablet and making it harder to make lines go where you want.

Play with layers and pressure sensitive brush opacity and size, they can make it feel more like traditional drawing which can help.

Basically its just time, practice and trying new things to work out what works best for you in the digital realm!
Watch a whole bunch of art youtubers or twitch streamers, see how they do things, you'll find a work flow that works for you.

But, looks pretty good so far!

ZombieBun

If you're still learning, I'd always recommend pencil and paper, digital puts another layer of things you need to learn to work with and around on top of learning how to draw.
But, time and some adjustments will help lots!

Digital has the benefit of having line smoothing, so you can crank that up on a few programs (not photoshop, whhhyyy) which helps with the line jitter you can get with slipping on the smooth surface of the tablet or general imperfections in the translation between pen tip and tablet.

A drawing glove is really useful too, for digital AND traditional work to be honest, smudge glove for traditional, on digital, it stops the palm of your hand sticking to the surface of your drawing tablet and making it harder to make lines go where you want.

Play with layers and pressure sensitive brush opacity and size, they can make it feel more like traditional drawing which can help.

Basically its just time, practice and trying new things to work out what works best for you in the digital realm!
Watch a whole bunch of art youtubers or twitch streamers, see how they do things, you'll find a work flow that works for you.

But, looks pretty good so far!

Thanks! I really appreciate it!