• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New To The Forum Scene

ChromaticRabbit

lagomorphic
Banned
I've always wanted a French Press. I've heard it was better than normal coffee machines because it retains the natural oil from coffee beans or something. Can you tell a difference?
Yeah, it's different than auto-drip. Maybe a for a few reasons-- you do a coarse grind with the French Press, for one, vs a more medium grind for an auto-drip. For what it's worth, you can get the oils in an auto-drip brewing setup, but it helps if you use a metal screen filter, not a paper one. What's nice about a small French press is that it means every cup is freshly brewed, and the effort involved tends to self-limit the consumption. I used to make a full pot of auto-drip coffee, and then feel like I was letting it go to waste if I didn't throw myself at it, but that was a bit silly. Fresh-grinding the bean, preferably with a consistent uniform grind such as a burr grinder can provide, is critical because this approach is about flavor too.

A lot of people prefer tea, and it's funny, I recall doing some excellent creative work when getting up, skipping breakfast, and drinking well-sourced Lapsang souchong tea, though I haven't had that in years.

Gravey D. Train

Existential Husky
Yeah, it's different than auto-drip. Maybe a for a few reasons-- you do a coarse grind with the French Press, for one, vs a more medium grind for an auto-drip. For what it's worth, you can get the oils in an auto-drip brewing setup, but it helps if you use a metal screen filter, not a paper one. What's nice about a small French press is that it means every cup is freshly brewed, and the effort involved tends to self-limit the consumption. I used to make a full pot of auto-drip coffee, and then feel like I was letting it go to waste if I didn't throw myself at it, but that was a bit silly. Fresh-grinding the bean is critical because this approach is about flavor too.
I know what you mean. I don't make much coffee at home because I tend to always over estimate how much I make even if I try to underestimate it. I always imagine getting a French Press when I'm a lot more successful with those long, easy mornings XD

ChromaticRabbit

lagomorphic
Banned
Space Dandy is super-fun. I just finished 'Made In Abyss' and can't recommend it highly enough. Otherwise, enjoyed watching 'Kill La Kill' with a friend, it's interesting. Oh, and "Your Name" (Kimni no na wa) a 2016 feature-length.

Fuzzylumkin

The token panda
Hey Gravy! Welcome! I know the feeling about taking a while to join up. I actually originally just joined FA to ask about a commission that I was going to turn into a tattoo, then I just went dark again for a couple of years

Gravey D. Train

Existential Husky
Hey Gravy! Welcome! I know the feeling about taking a while to join up. I actually originally just joined FA to ask about a commission that I was going to turn into a tattoo, then I just went dark again for a couple of years
I just never joined because I'm not big on the forum scene, but everyone in my generation is talking about forums and stuff, so I thought that I mgiht as well join a forum for something I care about XD

Gravey D. Train

Existential Husky
Space Dandy is super-fun. I just finished 'Made In Abyss' and can't recommend it highly enough. Otherwise, enjoyed watching 'Kill La Kill' with a friend, it's interesting. Oh, and "Your Name" (Kimni no na wa) a 2016 feature-length.
I'll have to give those anime's a look over then! ^^