• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New userpage gallery: Keep it or change back?

Should the new userpage design remain, or be changed back?

• Keep it

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Change it back

Votes: 90 75.6%

• Total voters

Kangamutt

This thread has been posted solely for the poll. If you wish to discuss the subject at hand, a thread has already been made. You can find the discussion thread HERE.

CyberFoxx

Wait, what?
Where's the "Don't really care" option?

Drakensoul87

Seems to be following a pretty steady curve so far, but of course there are alot more users than 28 hah. it was 10-1 for, then 15-2, 19-3, and now 24-4. Wonder how it'll be in a day.

Nevermind, re-edit, it's not coming up at all. I've cleared cache, cookies, and all that twice, restarted FF 3.0.5 twice. Still looks the same, just noticeably laggier then usual. Huzzah \o/ none of the flash, all of the bang. Judging by the screenshots I've seen of it, I will say change it back.

Last edited:

CurioDraco

I don't think it should be changed back completely.. but I also don't think it should stay exactly how it is currently. I like the idea, but I don't care for the vertical line up.. it's not very appealing somehow. Maybe if the thumbnail icons were arranged horizontally and slightly larger, it would look better. I dunno :S

krisCrash

I don't think it should be changed back completely.. but I also don't think it should stay exactly how it is currently. I like the idea, but I don't care for the vertical line up.. it's not very appealing somehow. Maybe if the thumbnail icons were arranged horizontally and slightly larger, it would look better. I dunno :S
It's not supposed to be vertical :confused: Try to hard refresh your browser? I had it vertical first, then it corrected.

We CAN'T have this poll if everyone is not seeing the same!

example:

Micah-Lucian_userpageexample.png

(images copyright Micah-Lucien )

CurioDraco

It's not supposed to be vertical :confused: Try to hard refresh your browser? I had it vertical first, then it corrected.

We CAN'T have this poll if everyone is not seeing the same!

example:

Micah-Lucian_userpageexample.png

(images copyright Micah-Lucien )

OH!!! Oh well that makes a difference doesn't it xD Well.. that works, but the thumbnails could still be bigger and I am missing having the timestamps :S

Ket-Ralus

At the very least, please display the time stamp beneath the title when rolling over the thumbnail. For submissions, the time it was submitted. For favorites, the time it was favorited.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
At the very least, please display the time stamp beneath the title when rolling over the thumbnail. For submissions, the time it was submitted. For favorites, the time it was favorited.
From what yak was saying I believe that is possible, but don't quote me on that.

Blue Raptor

I wasnt much of a fan of the mouse-over feature in the old one (purely because I am allergic to those, windows suddenly popping up and loading notable amounts of content if I dont watch out where I make my cursor go), but the complete lack of information (title, date, artist) in the new version and instead more images is worse.

The thumbnails instead are pointless if that small, and become a loading issue if big. Weren't the avatar images in the watch lists removed for just that (imo good) reason?

Immelmann

Machine Washable
Needs to be a middle option on this poll >.o
"I like it but it needs minor tweaking."

I do like the new system, but if it got removed, I wouldn't be too torn up. If timestamps are added then I think I'd actually defend it.

Edit: ...You know? Screw it, the hovering mouse-over thing from the old system was terrible, so I'm going to put my vote in favor of the new one.

Ratte

I like the old system a lot better. You could actually see when things were posted, and I liked the title urls rather than the thumbnails. It takes up too much space (I only see it as a long vertical column).

Lancear Omari

works PERFECT for me. P L E A S E keep it.

Stratelier

It certainly looks nice (and to the curious: there's no Flash involved here, just AJAX), but I am also concerned that the submission dates are nowhere to be found now.

Additionally, just a nitpick but where it displays title/artist for Favorites it should say more like "Title by artist" rather than just simply "Title, Artist". Sounds more polished that way.

9_6

Dunno, I liked the plain text better.
Squishing the timestamp, the artist name and title in will probably make things end up looking bad so just change it back.

Quiet269

We need the old system back, or increase the thumbnail to 120x120 (so it uses the freaking thumbnail we created) and add the time stamp under the title of the image

Skaifox

I say change it back - I'm all for change, but the phrase 'Don't fix what isn't broke' comes to mind. Someone correct me if there were problems with the previous layout.

Previews now take longer to load up. What's more, user's avatars don't appear anymore when you hover over the names in someone's watchlist.

The previous layout seemed just fine to me. *shrug*

Breeze

Everybody enjoys a Breeze
Well i like it, it makes my page look more organised. People browsing can instantly see little magic previews of the pictures as well, cool.

The timestamp isn't a big deal for me, you can just click on the picture and see when it was uploaded anyway.

I'm not normally one for change, but i like this. :)

red-tail3492

at least give the option for users to change between, the flaws with it is theres no option to click directly to the aritsits page, it also lags up a storm right there. true, its sparkly and shiney but *shrugs* maybe its just me

But a easy solution would be an option, just like the site themes option...

red-tail3492

at least give the option for users to change between, the flaws with it is theres no option to click directly to the aritsits page, it also lags up a storm right there. true, its sparkly and shiney but *shrugs* maybe its just me

But a easy solution would be an option, just like the site themes option...