• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New Webcomic: Zoophobia

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
That's some slick animation work right there!

Too bad it's tainted by that shit song.

I actually prefer her first short.
And yes... I was watching it muted as well :V

I hope her next one about Fabian won't be as "hasty". A slower, smoother style would fit his character so much better!
I also want him to undress me with his eyes in every single frame O_O

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I actually prefer her first short.
And yes... I was watching it muted as well :V

I hope her next one about Fabian won't be as "hasty". A slower, smoother style would fit his character so much better!
I also want him to undress me with his eyes in every single frame O_O
Son of 666?
Damian's adorable in that one. For about 10 seconds, I actually wanted to have kids.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Son of 666?
Damian's adorable in that one. For about 10 seconds, I actually wanted to have kids.

I mean her graduation short "Timber".
But yes, Son of 666 was nice, too^^

But both had WAY too little Jack and Fabian!

Last edited:

TrishaCat

The Iron Masked Cat in the FAF
AWESOME

Even if it is slow, I'm glad its back.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Yay!^^ I did see the update this morning, but now the site is just completely crippled and won't even load for me anymore :p

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Got to read all of the things despite server problems here and there. Goota admit, I do see where the hype came from. The style is pretty unique and lively and the characters are really fun.
My only gripe with it is that the stories are linda simple and span over months, but then again, that is the unfortunate side of this particular format. Still, it is quite awesome.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Sure it isn't just super slow?

Naa, she confirmed that it's borked again X3 But it should be up soon-ish again, at least she said so.

My only gripe with it is that the stories are linda simple and span over months, but then again, that is the unfortunate side of this particular format. Still, it is quite awesome.

I think it is pretty obvious that Viv is a designer and an animator, but not really a story teller. The setting itself, the characters and how it all comes together is really cool! But the way she tells the story really is a little "basic" at times. The comic lives from the visuals and the design, and that is perfectly fine in my opinion :3

TrishaCat

I think it is pretty obvious that Viv is a designer and an animator, but not really a story teller. The setting itself, the characters and how it all comes together is really cool! But the way she tells the story really is a little "basic" at times. The comic lives from the visuals and the design, and that is perfectly fine in my opinion :3
Everyone who reads it complain that there hasn't really been a story, but I know there's a story cooking up. Viv has said that characters will get killed off. Events like the principal finding out that demons have found their way onto school grounds meant something. People noticing who Damian really is meant something. There are little things being set up like how Damian wants to be a normal kid but his father doesn't want that. Zill having powers was brought up. There's still that evil woman who led Cameron to this new location as a counselor in the first place.

I think Vivian just wants to take her time setting everything up before the story gets rolling. And that's important. In order for events to mean something, a reader must care about the characters themselves and getting readers to care takes time. She's chosen the route of establishing the setting and teaching you who the characters are and what their inner struggles are before actually making anything major happen. But that's not to say that things haven't been happening. Things have; its just that they aren't anything major and haven't had much of an effect on anyone.

I do like the scene where people figured out that Damian was a demon and he nearly went crazy.

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
I think Vivian just wants to take her time setting everything up before the story gets rolling. And that's important. In order for events to mean something, a reader must care about the characters themselves and getting readers to care takes time. She's chosen the route of establishing the setting and teaching you who the characters are and what their inner struggles are before actually making anything major happen. But that's not to say that things haven't been happening. Things have; its just that they aren't anything major and haven't had much of an effect on anyone.

Yeah, that is truly something I respect (as a matter of fact, I do the exact same thing, with the two first books in my series only being scenes of "nothingness" to establish characters and pave the way for when the story ultimately kicks in). But then again, my small gripe is that it started in 2012 and we'll prolly have to wait at least a year before we see what it has built up to. Not that it is really a problem, mind you. In fact, I cannot really see it being otherwise, since it takes a lot of time juste to make a sing panel. But yeah it's just a teensy annoyance, compared to the awesomeness of the designs and the characters and everthing else.

TrishaCat

But then again, my small gripe is that it started in 2012 and we'll prolly have to wait at least a year before we see what it has built up to. Not that it is really a problem, mind you. In fact, I cannot really see it being otherwise, since it takes a lot of time juste to make a sing panel. But yeah it's just a teensy annoyance, compared to the awesomeness of the designs and the characters and everthing else.
It doesn't help that her comic was down for half a year. That's a lot of what could've been lost.
And she says she's got 10 books worth of Zoophobia planned and she's still in book 1. Its certainly worrying how slow things are moving along, but like you said, its only minor. As long as she keeps up the good work everything's all good.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
You mean Rusty? Yeah, he is kind of a dick. But apparently he is supposed to be a dick because he is stuck in the closet and very insecure about himself :p At least that is what I remember from her old character blog before she closed it, I could be wrong or maybe she changed him, I dunnp X3

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Vivs offering 100 dorrah commissions if anyones interested in getting some zoophibia style action.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
So on her blog someone asked about Jack being immortal and how he ages... Her reply:
"Jack ages naturally but he will never die, eventually he will be an old man just wasting away for eternity."
That is messed up! D:

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
So this thread has been dead for a while. Which strikes me as odd considering the comic is updating regularly again and since the current story is about our favorite puppy boy.
It's nice to learn more about Jack :3 With all those bad things happening to him he deserves some attention^^

...There is a very distinct lack of suave fox going on though.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Has Viv always made this many typos or am I just recently starting to notice them?

Her spelling and grammar are awful some times XD