• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New years resolution?

Charleslr'93

Do you have one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201223-183414_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201223-183414_Photos.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 16

Lupus Et Revertetur

Metal Misanthrope | Nasty Republican
*Increased wealth and better insurance

*The health states of my family members improving

*Restore friendships, or build new better ones; get more closure with people.

*Fighting through this crippling anxiety and mental barricade

*Increased world peace and quietude regardless of the lengths having to go to achieve those.

*Everything at least returning back to semi-normal, with more improvements in various areas.

*More transparency and less emotional manipulation from the press and gov; hopefully more consistent positive news, and with the intent to spread messages to help people get along and not make enemies. New, renewed or better leadership than what's on the table for the coming years, because people deserve better.

*Rampant scientific revelation and discovery, more than previous years.

*And I just hope for better spiritual well-being and epiphanies.

*Everything unlike the past two years.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
I pray to whatever eldritch creature rules time and space that next year will be better, or at least not worse.

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
My new years resolutions are basically the same every year: go on a diet, exercise more, stop procrastinating, practice my instruments, etc etc.
Even if I don't follow through, making goals for myself is sort of something I can look forward to, which then leads to procrastinating lol. I just want 2021 to be somewhat better than 2020, I know things aren't going to change instantly, but I'm hoping for something within the year itself. We all need a break from our quarantine.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Let's see.... mine are more "goals" than true resolutions, but here goes:
  1. Diet and Exercise
    • Goal: Lose at least 40 pounds​
    • Goal: Exercise three times a week, at least 30 minutes each time, independent of VR stuff​
  2. Financial Stability
    • Goal: Finish off all of my remaining student loans (yes, I actually have a legitimate shot at it this year)​
    • Goal: Make progress on an investment account for retirement (this is secondary to the above)​
  3. Reclaim some of the life I had before I hit rock bottom
    • Goal: Upgrade my VR setup to the point where I feel comfortable using it for more than a couple hours at a time​
    • Goal: Resume recording videos (I've been on a hiatus that now stretches 3 years), hire for some art commissions, and resume writing​
    • Goal: Find more ways to socialize online​
    • Goal: Enter or run another tabletop RPG campaign​

Kinare

RAWR
Yeh, I don't really do the resolution thing, I just try to make goals for the year. 2021's goals include:
1. Figure out if school is an option. If not, I need figure out something else to do that pays a living wage within the year to meet my 2 year goal of being independent again.
2. Pay down my credit card I used to move by at least half. A big feat if I can manage it, this sort of debt would take probably 5+ years to pay off if I only pay the min because credit card interest rates are so high.
3. Learn about cars and maintain my new one far better than I've ever maintained a car in my life. I allowed myself to get a good car with the intent that I would try to make it last as long as possible, at least as long as the loan (6 years). If I can manage to get 10 year out of it I'll be a happy catto, and that's fully possible if I take proper care of it.
4. Continue not eating like total shit. I would like to look into improving upon my eating and exercise habits more to see just how much I can lose. I got to my bare basic goal weight without even trying hard this year, so next year maybe I can try harder and see.

Guifrog

Blue Frog with a Squid
Welp, I have goals:
- Moving to a new home if possible
- Something about a certain music album that I've never been able to finish
- Improving my Japanese to level N3 and putting my biggest effort towards the next stages
- Stay focused on my current job yet prospecting for new opportunities

And I resolve to:
- Be a kinder, gentle person to my parents, because I feel we've been so distant despite how physically close we've been brought together due to current circumstances, and I owe them a lot.

Honestly never were one much for new year resolutions but I'm actually going to put some down this time around since this year has been the way it has.
  • Move out from current flat and find a more reasonable living space
  • Find a new stable job(And preferably one I can enjoy)
  • Try my best to grow my YT channel and reach 10K before next new years
It's a bit of the case of sitting down and thinking what would change how you feel or what gives you worries, and striking down these three would probably do the most for me now.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
My main goals are to enjoy life more, and do things which I might otherwise put off. If anything, the pandemic has taught me not to hold back and wait, but to take more risks, and get out there and live life more fully.

To this end, the following things are on my list:

furry-wise:

-go to a furry con, once they start up again
-work on the custom rubber-skunk and fox mask project, with an eye to having a few models out by early 2022
-make plans to meet some other furs at a con
-go to Skunk Fest this fall in Ohio, and see about getting a pet skunk, after getting to see them up close, and talk to other skunk-owners ..and skunks.

general:

-continue decorating the house, and making it look nice, and also, upgrading the stereo
-go swimming more; make more trips to Lake Michigan this summer
-whittle down and sell all these various collectibles cluttering up the place, and replace them with one 'big' thing, such as a painting/scuplture/&c.

Last edited:

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
2560 x 1440. Double that if possible.

Seriously though, I'm not into those new year resolutions. Feels like trying to force a change just because the calendar changed, without regard to whether I'm ready for it, or the time is right.

But with that said, I'd really like to have a start with art commissions before 2021 ends.

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but I have definitive plans for 2021.

- Get a driver's license now that the theoretical part is done and over with
- Get a car once I have my license. And yes, I will be getting a Pontiac GTA 1987 at some point
- Save up even more money for a house in a couple of years' time
- Finally go down to 80-85kg which is my end goal in terms of weight. Sitting at 98kg currently because Christmas and all the food ^^''
- May be grabbing a certificate/diploma/ in Logistics, which are highly sought after and will make my job prospects extremely easy
- Get a license for the T2 forklift. Already have more than enough hours in it, just need a certificate school to finalize it
- Get even more friends?

D

Deleted member 111470

Sadly, I'm still with the same laptop that has 1920x1080
But my phone's resolution is 1080 x 2340 which is pretty great, and it can record up to 8k, too!

Apart from that, I have a couple of plans for the next year. Mainly:
-I want to lose weight / I want to become healthier and fitter
-I want to learn German to a point where I can have a basic understanding of the language, and be able to talk in it to native speakers well enough for them to know what I'm saying, and for me to know what they're saying.
-There are two more watches I really want to get. I'll try to.
-I do want to travel around. If I can't save enough for a trip outside of the country, then I want to visit some of our own highlights here. After all, there are many many beautiful places here to see;
-I don't know if I want a new job, or for this one to improve and to provide opportunity for growth - whichever comes first.
-Perhaps have enough money to sign up for a French course, too. I do want to learn 4 or 5 more foreign languages apart from English.

ManicTherapsid

In Stereo. Where Available.
Not really. Maybe get a new job.

Last year I was going to be more social, but then the universe gave me the finger.

kittyDecaying

Enjoyer of small shiny things. she/her
Getting a job outside of retail! No longer will I need to deal with unruly customers. Maybe I can upgrade to dealing with unruly coworkers. Who knows.
Also continuing work on creative output. Maybe show people some stuff from time to time.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
-Don't die

ASTA

Former Trash Man
I don't have any resolutions but I do have a few goals that I've set for future me. Here are the biggest ones that I have planned out for 2021.

1) Be completely debt-free by June.

2) Grow my emergency savings fund to four months worth of living expenses.

3) Purchase a second vehicle (preferably a used compact pickup truck). You can net decent side-hustle money with these if you know where to look.

4) Open Vanguard index fund investment account and begin aggressively funneling money into it as part of my "retire early" scheme.

5) Get a new job that pays two dollars more than my current one. More money = more aggressive investing = the faster I can leave the workforce and live out the rest of my days in peace and relative solitude.

Jackpot Raccuki

Aka the hot single in your area. (Not Single)
Complete the Captialist% speedrun, by buying a shitload more of art, ideally with artists I've partnered with in past.

malefeetguy

Sadly, I'm still with the same laptop that has 1920x1080
But my phone's resolution is 1080 x 2340 which is pretty great, and it can record up to 8k, too!

Apart from that, I have a couple of plans for the next year. Mainly:
-I want to lose weight / I want to become healthier and fitter
-I want to learn German to a point where I can have a basic understanding of the language, and be able to talk in it to native speakers well enough for them to know what I'm saying, and for me to know what they're saying.
-There are two more watches I really want to get. I'll try to.
-I do want to travel around. If I can't save enough for a trip outside of the country, then I want to visit some of our own highlights here. After all, there are many many beautiful places here to see;
-I don't know if I want a new job, or for this one to improve and to provide opportunity for growth - whichever comes first.
-Perhaps have enough money to sign up for a French course, too. I do want to learn 4 or 5 more foreign languages apart from English.
So what languages have you learned thus far? Got any ideas for some good language learning courses?

malefeetguy

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Like every year, "stop procrastination"
Complete the Captialist% speedrun, by buying a shitload more of art, ideally with artists I've partnered with in past.
Thank you for supporting artists!
Already don't give a fuck about 2021, of course some new shit has to be pulled before the new year starts.

It's probably gonna be another crap year. But this they might be just doing to set up extended lockdowns, I think they grew to really like doing those a bit too much

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
-Go outside more
-Get back into college
-Get a better home
-Start making art again