• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New Years Resolutions!

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
So Christmas is almost here, and the New Year comes right after, so as I thought about my fail at this years New Years resolutions I figured it would make a fun topic. (I didn't see one of these yet >.> )

Who has a New Years Resolution for next year already? Who has one for this year? Did you succeed or did you fail? Do you not make them at all? If not, why?

I have kept mine from two years ago, to give up McDonalds, but this year I was going to give up BK and Wendys too...I failed. I have still not had McDonalds in over 2 years, but I failed this years miserably.

Like a large majority of the population, I think going into the New Year I'm going to resolve to lose at least half of my over-all goal in weight, to decide on my degree and get back into college, AND to start making my own cosplay costumes!

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
2014's one would be to compose more, since my exams have gotten in the way of that recently.

This year's was to start drawing stuff. Look at how miserably that failed. XD

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Stop swearing altogether, doing great so far, but every now and then I slip.
Improve artism.
Stop procrastinating

Gumshoe

2014: stop making dumb decisions (like that will happen), start writing, improve fursona's characteristics and backstory, successfully make a transition to PC gaming and steam, acquire a part time job to waste money on steam, learn to use new weapons, a lot of other things.

Last edited:

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
Stop swearing altogether, doing great so far, but every now and then I slip.
Improve artism.
Stop procrastinating

Good luck with that. Honestly, not being a douche. I swear way more then I should, half the time I don't even notice anymore. I'll catch myself at work about to use a swear word and switch it half-way out. ><

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Good luck with that. Honestly, not being a douche. I swear way more then I should, half the time I don't even notice anymore. I'll catch myself at work about to use a swear word and switch it half-way out. ><
I used to swear like mad not many years ago.
Then I realized all the swear words had lost their power and I started reducing the amount I used.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I guess the classic is to change my diet for the benefit of my health, and exercise for the same reason (I've kind of started on this already though). But I don't care too much about losing weight for vanity, I like my fat. I just don't want to give myself diabetes over time (if I haven't already).

I guess this coming year should be a new start to my train wreck of a love life, and actually find someone who treats me well, who I actually like back.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
stop sucking at school
learn to use a tablet when im gifted it :3
go take some drawing courses

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
This year will be more celebratory, since i actually followed through with my 2013 resolution. I've been living with crazy anxiety like most of my family. My resolution for this year was to get rid of it. Upon new years day, I had a monthly counselor, an anti-anxiety workbook and a bunch of other stuff. Now I'm feeling better than ever.

So yeah, congrats to me.

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
This year will be more celebratory, since i actually followed through with my 2013 resolution. I've been living with crazy anxiety like most of my family. My resolution for this year was to get rid of it. Upon new years day, I had a monthly counselor, an anti-anxiety workbook and a bunch of other stuff. Now I'm feeling better than ever.

So yeah, congrats to me.

Congratulations! You could always find a good goal to tack onto that? Like I did with the fast food stuff. I failed, but I plan to go at it another year. I gave up McDonalds, and have been able to stick with it for over 2 years now, so I KNOW I can do this. :3

Percy

o-o
To do better at college is my main goal. I really need to.

Also to improve my art ability. I'm looking to get a certificate in graphic design at my college, so I'll be working on it.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
2014:

I want to get more involved with every community I find myself a part of. I also want to live RBG- rebelliously, boldly, and with guts. This is the kind of resolutions I intend to keep throughout the entire year, and while you guys give up your resolutions in February, I'll be practicing it.

Lucient

US Marine
2014 New-years resolution

Stop making New-Years resolutions.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Finish the first draft of my novel and get a first editing sweep in.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Graduating and getting the fuck out.

Pine

smell-good badger
2012 - I had no soda and went easy on the alcohol
2013 - I had no fast food
2014 - Go for a walk at least once a day

I managed to lose around 30 pounds by not doing the first two. I'm really feeling hopeful about losing all of the weight I gained while I was working at fast food.

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
2014 New-years resolution

Stop making New-Years resolutions.

As if 90% of us didn't see one of these coming. Har har.

Finish the first draft of my novel and get a first editing sweep in.

What kind of novel is it?

Hmm im gonna try to stop doing self harm and suicidal stuff i wanna enjoy life more :D

Life is precious. You only get one (depending on what you personally believe in this may differ.) so you should never hurt yourself. Honestly I cut myself once and almost died because of a stupid guy, my friend beat the emotional crap outta me and made me realize there isn't a person on this planet worth taking my own life over. Find something that makes you happy and cling to it. Make sure that isn't a person unless you trust that person with your life. (Should probably be a family member or long-time close friend, not a significant other.)

Graduating and getting the fuck out.

I assume you mean of your parents house? Or a bad living situation? o.o

(Yay for all the quotes. xD )

Last edited:

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
9600 x 1440

Cocobanana

Lose 30 pounds
Get ears pierced
Get tattoos
Balance school and a job
Be able to speak passable French
Watch and review one movie a day
Create one song a week
Keep getting straight A's

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
What kind of novel is it?
Anthro fantasy with a nice dose of reincarnation. It's sort of like if Redwall and Forgotten Realms had a one night stand and one of them got pregnant.

Phyllostachys

Feigning intelligence
I never have made any serious New Years Resolution because I have often found Chinese idiom of 作心三日, or "Resolutions rarely last more than three days" to be true.

Still, if I have to make one, it would be actually achieving something here before I have to go back to Korea.

gorgonops

Hmm im gonna try to stop doing self harm and suicidal stuff i wanna enjoy life more :D

It's a rough road. I'm trying to crawl out of it too. Stay strong, man. We only get one shot, might as well do what we can to make it a good one.

I resolved for 2013 to lose weight and get in shape, after getting winded at BT's New Years Eve set. I didn't do those to the extent that I wish I could have, but I did lose 20 pounds, took up tae kwon do, drastically cut my sugar intake, and probably could dance way longer than I did last year. So, huzzah.

2014:
- Friggin' learn programming fundamentals, whether I need them for this 'take photoshop file and turn into Wordpress theme for client' job or not. I will become a real developer one day.
- Quit making excuses and get better at singing, no matter how thin the walls are here.
- Make more art than I did in 2013.

Seems reasonable.