• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nicest thing someone has said/done for you

G

Ginza

This place needs some cheering up! Have a positive thread --

What is the nicest thing someone has said/done for you? Or perhaps, the nicest things (doesn't have to be just one!)

I can't say I have one specific thing, but I appreciate all the times my girlfriend has been there for me when I've been down. It really is nice to have someone to be the shoulder to cry on when you're feeling low.

I also appreciate all the support I've gotten since tearing something in my knee, it really makes one feel thankful for the good people in their life.

so what have kind people done to make you smile? Big or small!

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
Noticed when I wasn't doing well and offering emotional support. I hide my feeling and I hide them well. I have old, old friends that have no clue that I struggle. Parents never had a clue. To have this newer friend notice and be so supportive just broke me and I'm trying to heal and be more open about how I feel. I'm blessed to have her in my life.

O

Oakie-Dokie

so my biological dad had arranged for me to stay with him last summer and i flew up to Baltimore to see him finally after he'd walked out on the family with the gilr he'd cheated on my mom with, anyway he never showed up so i went home and attempted to kill myself, thankfully i'm alive today because as i went to pull the trigger my then-girlfriend called me and asked if i was alright, that she felt i needed comfort for some reason and she felt like calling. she saved my life and i'll never forget that.

Dongding

The sheep
This thread is sort of revealing something to me I never thought too much about: I'm a very closed off person. I can't think of a single thing I've ever let someone do for me. That shit's fucked up lol. I simply refuse help... 3:

Friends, family. I've never asked or accepted help from.

All I can come up with was when I first started at my current job, I asked one of my coworkers while we were out busy working if I had time to use the washroom and his reply was "You have time for anything a'tall." (Newfoundlander...)

Every other job I had ever worked up to that point, I was either a number or surrounded by assholes. It just sort of touched me how nicely and genuinely the guy replied to my question. I suffered confidence issues and always felt that if I was doing something for myself, no matter what it was; I was imposing. I'll always remember it because my life has only gotten better from that point.

So once i was apart of a school funraiser that included me working sales at the candy and sugur goods counter and this guy and his gf walk up and want to buy a chocolate covered pretzel and he payes with a 20 dollar bill i cant break the bill so i pay out of my own pocket and he thanks me and gives me the whole 20 and says keep it

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
Giving me hope and a hope for a potential way out.

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Autumn Wolf
I don't think I will ever lay my feelings bare like this again. At least not publicly.

@Ginza have been there when I needed someone the most. She is someone I can truly lean on if I am ever down. And about 2 months ago.. I needed her more than ever. Letting a heartbroken wolf cry on her shoulder, making it easier to come to terms with how I feel. I won't go into any details, as it'd be rude(if not directly insulting) to do so with the people involved. She is one of the three people on the entire planet I know I can trust and have laid my bare feelings to, and I can't thank her enough for being there. She is one of the few people I consider a true friend.

G

Ginza

I don't think I will ever lay my feelings bare like this again. At least not publicly.

@Ginza have been there when I needed someone the most. She is someone I can truly lean on if I am ever down. And about 2 months ago.. I needed her more than ever. Letting a heartbroken wolf cry on her shoulder, making it easier to come to terms with how I feel. I won't go into any details, as it'd be rude(if not directly insulting) to do so with the people involved. She is one of the three people on the entire planet I know I can trust and have laid my bare feelings to, and I can't thank her enough for being there. She is one of the few people I consider a true friend.

Aww man, I damn well appreciate you too <3
You’re such a good friend to me, a very influential and important person in my life (ah look, now you’ve got me all sappy..). You’ve helped me through things, and given me some of the best advice I’ve ever received. I really can’t thank you enough for it xx

Yakamaru

Autumn Wolf
Aww man, I damn well appreciate you too <3
You’re such a good friend to me, a very influential and important person in my life (ah look, now you’ve got me all sappy..). You’ve helped me through things, and given me some of the best advice I’ve ever received. I really can’t thank you enough for it xx
You wanted your sappy sap mushy-mushy crap. Here you have it. <3

Belatucadros

Bitches love sticks
That's a tough one, because so many people in my life deserve a shoutout for all the nice things they've said and done for me. I'm so lucky to have such great parents who accept me for who I am, and push me to follow my dreams. That alone is something that I will never forget.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
It was one word, spoken by Randy Newman, after he'd played 33 songs at a concert, and I was sitting maybe 3 chairs back at this sorta bbq joint and he asked "Anyone wanna hear anything more?" and I said, "Hey, Randy? How 'bout a dancing bear?"

And he said, "Sure."

And then he played Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear.

That was the nicest thing ever, that one word.

Last edited:
C

Crat Strat

The nicest thing someone has ever done for me is come up and talk to me when I was being socially awkward. As someone who has social anxiety and has a hard time engaging in conversations with people they don't know, that is one of the nicest things someone else can do.
I also have that problem sometimes.

C

Crat Strat

Actually, there was one person who gives me money, and a few other things, but also leaves for a few days at a time every year.

Hugs are awesome as well.

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
. . .
. . . . . .

You know... I don't remember much of that ever happening.

I guess the only thing is that my boyfriend is... well, my boyfriend, duh. I appreciate that he's put up with all my bullshit.

Open_Mind

I've had a full life, and have known my share of love and loss, success and failure, tragedy and redemption. Its hard to point to one thing. Along the way, there are hundreds of moments where I received help or encouragement at just the right moment.

But I will share this. In terms of life impact, the nicest thing someone has done for me was when an out-of-work, nearly broke guy with no car asked a young lady he had just met if he could please have her number so he could call her after she got off work.

She said "Yes" ... and we have been married for 18 years come April.
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

O

Oakie-Dokie

I've had a full life, and have known my share of love and loss, success and failure, tragedy and redemption. Its hard to point to one thing. Along the way, there are hundreds of moments where I received help or encouragement at just the right moment.

But I will share this. In terms of life impact, the nicest thing someone has done for me was when an out-of-work, nearly broke guy with no car asked a young lady he had just met if he could please have her number so he could call her after she got off work.

She said "Yes" ... and we have been married for 18 years come April.
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
aww congrats!! sounds like both of y'all are lucky people :3

SuperNaturalHorse

Irish Kelpie Horse With Magic
I open doors for people and be a friend with people who need friends but they have to gave me mutual respect too otherwise it is game over.

Last edited:

Poots The Fox

Look at the happy fox!
And here we go

A few years ago I had a friend (non-fur) that I would do things for me, and I would take advantage of it. I would never repay him because I was selfish and only wanted things in my benefit. But no matter how I was to him, for a long time, he was nice to me. Then one day, I made him mad, or at least more mad because he was not in the mood. He wouldn't talk to me, nobody would. I didn't have anymore friends. He was the link to my other friends, and I had broken it, broken him rather. This taught me a lesson, to never be selfish, or use people how I want, to not be manipulative, to not be mean...

I apologized to him by saying, "I'm sorry for being mean to you, sorry for mistreating you, sorry for being selfish, sorry for manipulating you for my benefit, but I know you will not forgive me man, I just want you to hear", and he responded with, "It's ok, I forgive you", and I have not mistreated, manipulated, or was selfish anyone else ever again. And that was "Ironically" the nicest thing someone has done for me.

Last edited: