• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nightmares

3picFox

An hero...
I haven't had a nightmare in a while, but i don't dream very often either.
I almost miss nightmares, because at least they are some form of a dream.

I used to have a reoccurring nightmare where I was chased down the expressway by the doll chucky riding a tricycle while hurling sticks of dynamite at me =_=

Glitch

SLUDGE FACE
I haven't had a nightmare in a while, but i don't dream very often either.
I almost miss nightmares, because at least they are some form of a dream.

I was like this.. until I had a nightmare...
Mine are graphic and vivid, so I feel everything.

But my normal dreams are like that, too. So I guess it's a trade-off. :c

Citrakayah

Rude Camera
Every single nightmare I've had has dealt with me being helpless to get away or defend myself.

Cam

Tick my laint
I get nightmares always before some kind of big event in my life..

Today I broke up with my girlfriend, and for some reason I had a nightmare about my best friend getting shot by her boyfriend and then he killed himself...

But sometimes if I actually know about the event before it happens, its enough to spark one

Like a couple weeks ago, the night before my moms funeral I had a nightmare that her wake was held underwater, and they placed her body in a very sloppy position on like a table instead of inside a casket

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
fackin alien abductions

once i dreamt i was driving with my mom
at night
and everyone else was in creepy ufo cars
and they were all aliens in that they were like wearing those really standard "alien" masks

i freaked

The DK

♪ I'm on a plain ♪
when i dream its usually really deep, but i can never remember them... my nightmares i can remember. usually its a falling dream or me trying to get run away from something and my legs are moving in slow mo.

CatterHatter

The Grain of Salt
Nightmares eh?
I have dreams where I feel cold, heat, and other sensations, and even some where I feel pain.
I sleep to heavy to wake up... so I have died in my nightmares before, and the dream continues without me or I come back to life somehow.
Mainly, between 8-10 years of age, I had reoccuring nightmares of flayed corpses haunting me and wanting to rip off chunks of my face and other flesh to make me look like them. It became so bad that I would see them before I went to sleep. They were always screaming in the darkness. It's odd too since my sister had nightmare problems at the same time, and hers were about wolves killing her or members of our family.
Eventually, I was able to deal with the nightmares, but some still shake me now and again.

BlueEevee

The Pyromaniac, Dood
Most recent one was a zombie one, but then one person had started too see demon things I couldn't see and started screaming for her life, woke me up three times shaking and something still does not feel right about it

Gavrill

ladies~
I had this nightmare where I rolled out of bed and into the black lake that was up to my waist with water (or whatever it was) that was the same temperature as my body. It was easy to move through, but still wet or whatever and it felt really weird because the water was the same temperature as me. Anyways, there was absolutely nothing around me. All black, I couldn't tell the sky from the water. Almost like I was blind, but I could see reflection off the water.

So I just wandered through this place until I heard something. I turned, and these black coils started coming out of the water. Like huge fucking coils. At least twice as thick as my body. The coils were all around me, then I heard this low gurgling noise.

I woke up then, but I was screaming bloody murder, crying and everything. It was really, really bad.

Koronikov

Hell, dreams are one of those things that is like Karma, she can be a bitch or she can be incredibly awesome just kinda depends on how she is feeling that day, that being said Cloverfield gave me nightmares ....just cloverfield nothing else gave me nightmares for like a week, i was more or less what the hell it wasnt even that scary and now i cant sleep at night ?

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
The only nightmare I can remember was when I was running around in some fort/house type thing with a shotgun playing some sort of FPS game in real life, and I ran into the room and shot. I looked over to find my girlfriend on a bed (clothed) and with a huge gunshot wound in her chest.

The worst part was that I had to stay there and watch her die instead of waking up.

Goddammit.

Gavrill

ladies~
The only nightmare I can remember was when I was running around in some fort/house type thing with a shotgun playing some sort of FPS game in real life, and I ran into the room and shot. I looked over to find my girlfriend on a bed (clothed) and with a huge gunshot wound in her chest.

The worst part was that I had to stay there and watch her die instead of waking up.

Goddammit.
That would make a really sad cutscene.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

Gnome

I am GoatMystic
trigger : October

nightmare : im 8 years old and rummaging though my mothers makeup to try and make up some Halloween costume and when finished ( high stress feeling ) i run outside and walk along the baron streets of my old neighborhood, soon realizing it is far too late to trick-or-treat and feeling lost and alone.

i always wake up from this feeling stressed rushed and all along but not scarred, yet it is my only re occurring nightmare.
:(

.....when i was little i would have reoccurring dreams that my family had been replaced with look-alike doubles who i had to violently kill off one my one
: \

A10pex

What's up with my paw?
Wow, nightmares hmmm...
From when I was like 4 to 7 or 8 I had nightmares every night and I mean every night (not joking or exaggerating). I was terrified to even go into my room with the lights off, I think it was triggered by a scary alien movie I accidentally saw when I was really young or something. I can remember staying up all night staring at one point in my room just waiting for the night to be over. But then they just stopped and I haven't had a nightmare since, it's actually quite nice it's like I got them all out of my system.

Hellerskull

Nom Nom Nom
I have more nightmares than normal/pleasant dreams.

The last time I remembered in my nightmare was when I was killed by lethal injection in the eyes of law for false accusation of which I don't remember. I died on that cold stainless table with those I.V tubes stick into my arms and neck in front of my boyfriend and my son, then I look back at my own body as a spirit. One guy in a black suit and a bloody tie looked right at me and smile as he flicked lighter and throw it at my body, set me on fire. In matter of minutes, my body become nothing but ashes.

I look back at my boyfriend and saw him with a mysterious woman smiling at me in his arm. IN HIS ARMS! I had a feeling that she is the one who behind all of this false allegations. I felt anger, rage, and sorrow boiling inside me, wanting to kill her. But as a spirit, I can't do a damn thing! That when demon emerged from the shadow behind me in darkness and he spoke to me in whispered voice right to my ear saying, "Do you want to become a demon, so you can hurt her?"

.... My cat woke me up.

so, yeah... Most nightmares I had involve demons. I don't know why it happen that often.

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
I can wake myself up from nightmares by forcing myself to shake my head in the dream.

Yeah I can do that too, and I only have nightmares once every couple of months anyway so...

It sucks when I'm having a cool dream though because just like the nightmares I can immediately recognize them as dreams once it gets really out there and I wake up.

Russ

*Le Rawr*
I don't really have specific triggers although (like most people) what I do at the time influences me. I had Slender Man nightmares during the period I was following that stuff and post apocalyptic dreams (not nightmares) after I watched something about a nuclear war.

Frankly, I haven't had nightmares in a while. I did have surreal, barely discernable dreams in the previous week though.