• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nightmares....

16weeks

Ok, just a quick Question.
What was your worst nightmare that you remember?
I'll write mine down when i get a few replies.:oops:

Rilvor

Formal when angry
My worst nightmare is a common one. Its reliving the accident when I shattered the bones in my left elbow ( its reconstructed with metal pins). Very fast, rushing wind, falling, fiery pain spreading through the body like a bolt of lightning, soundless scream, then blackness.

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
I remember a few years ago I had a nightmare that snakes were after me. I ended up sleepwalking to my mum and dad's bedroom door at 4 in the morning, saying that the snakes were after me. In the end, I woke up not sure what was going on, or why I was so worried about snakes. That's probably the most memorable one.

16weeks

Ok, here's mine

It's reliving the attack made by a wolf on me at age three, when it ripped my leg off.
I'm walking through the woods(we used to live near some, they were right in our backyard) and i hear this growl, suddenly i see this huge shaggy wolf come out of nowere and bit down on my leg so hard that i almost pass out from the pain. it keeps tugging and tugging untill, the breaking point is reached and it gets ripped off, and before i black out, i see my brother run u with his shotgun and pop a cap in the wolfs ass.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Are you sure it was a wolf and not a stray dog? Its unusual for something like that to happen, even with very small creatures which they will see as prey.

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
Lol. Thanks a lot guys. In 2 posts you both made me look like a right pansy. You both have a real nightmare to tell, whereas I was owned by my overactive imagination. :)

My most recent worst one delt with me being in my room, it was dark, and I kept hearing a bunch of weird noises. Eventually I awoke to screaming inside of my head. It was just so creepy. Also, everytime I tried to fall asleep that night after that odd dream, the screaming happened all over agian and I just could not get back to sleep that night for a good long while.

DPAK

When I was in the 7th grade, I had this horrible three-part dream... *shudders*

PART 1: My friends and I were having this party when I noticed we had run out of chips. I go out of the house and return moments later. As I open the door, I notice that it is eerily silent... I peek in and notice that this weird, blue humanoid (think Nightcrawler... only 1000 times scarier) is crouched over some of the remains of my friends. It gnaws on a bone then spits it out at me, snickering slightly. I'm frozen in fear, but the creature crawls out of the house through a window. Adam (my previous stepdad) enters in a lab coat and grabs me, telling me to come with him to the hospital that he works at (which was weird, because he never worked in a hospital... he loathed them...)

PART 2: After we make it to the hospital, Adam tells me that he had been experimenting on patients and that he had created that blue thing. I'm crying as we enter the hospital only to find it in sheer chaos. There are dead nurses and patients laid out in the hall. There are some survivors, half-eaten crying for mercy and help. We hear the beast snicker from down the hall. Adam charges down there, pulling out a gun (where did that come from?!) and shoots at the beast. It dodges a couple times, but gets injured by the third bullet. Adam calmly strolls over and shoots it in the head. We walk back out the the Blazer and start to drive back home. Before the next dream started, a cage in the back of the Blazer starts shiking slightly.

PART 3: I wake up one night, several days later, because I have to use the bathroom. As I finish up and start to walk out, I see this short, shadowy figure slowly shuffling to my Mom and Adam's room. It was Chucky (I'm being serious!). I run back into the restroom and lock the door. Frantically, I begin to pile as much stuff to block the door as possible. I then hunker down in the bathtub as I hear my mom and Adam scream as Chucky kills them. I start crying as he begins punding on the door and laughs...

Then I wake up, covered in a cold sweat and crying. The really weird part: I'd never seen a Chuckie movie a day in my life at that point,; I'd only seen the doll that Adam had. Yet I managed to accurately dream his slow walk and laugh... >.>; <.<; That dream still creeps me out.

Aikon

I don't remember my worst nightmare. I can tell you a weird one. I just remember about be to executed and being surrounded in blue. Eventually I was killed in my nightmare, and it took me a bit to realize that the "blue" was actually the light shiningg through my comforter! My eyes were open during the whole thing, wide open in fact, but I didn't realize it at the time. Eventually snapped out of it, and I realized I was just having a nightmare. Anyone else have a nightmare where their eyes were wide open?

DarkMeW

I lost the ability to tell what is a nightmare and what is just a dream a long time ago. No matter what the subject or imagery of a dream it never scares me, and I've had some pretty twisted one. So I can't really give an answer. Most of it I find rather comforting now.

JohjiWannabe

The most terrifying dreams to me are the ones when I'm young and in love...really, totally, passionately in love...then I wake up, and I'm old, and I grasp at the fading wisps of fancy, but they go away and I CANT REMEMBER WHAT IT FELT LIKE!!!

Give me vampires and demons in dreams, but don't make me...remember.

Johji

I have several, as in the intence heat of the summer I get mad wild insane scary dreams I'll try yo list em as best i can from earlyest to newest:

this one wasnt heat induced, it was just scary, happened I'd say I was about 5:

My mom and I were planting a green house with tones of different kinds of plants. We left to go get..something, I can't remember what, and we asked my dad to turn on the water inside. So we came back "a few hours" later, and my dad was lying there beside a very poisinouse plant. Dead. I woke up screaming and crying.

A few years later (we'll say 10, for arguments sake):

I'm in a forest, for some reason the whole landscape is a deep blue, varying shades for light and dark, but everything is blue. I'm running as fast as I can, lightning flashes, its the dead of night. I come to a small shack and secure myself inside (still unsure of what I'm running from) I look out the window and a great blue wolf is staring at me from a rocky ledge not far away. I panic, backing into a corner of the shack, but its too late, he saw me. The wold bursts into the shed, the wood weak and rotten with age, it bears down on me. I wake up.

The next two were heat induced:

Occured approx age 16:

I'm in an airplane (terrified of heights IRL, no different in this dream) in a bed, flying toward some mountains, just as I begin to feel calm and snuggle down into the bed, the airplane flips over, scraping across the pointed top of a mountain, ripping open the plane. I fall, and awaken.

Within a month of that dream:

I'm in my house, suddenly a theif breaks in, weilding a large knife, he chases me, but I escape through my bedroom window. My whole family escaped from the house, my neighbor drives by, we tell her theres some psycho in the house, she shrugs and says "Oh well, what can you do?" or something along those lines, anbd continues to her house. I can't remmber what happened after that, but it was scary.

My real issue with these heat-induced dreams is that they are so real from some reason, even if they make no logical sence (like a plane suddelny flipping upsidedown)

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
See, I've had the dreams where I'm falling off a cliff or getting into a serious accident or whatever. When whatever the impending disaster happens, I wake up. The problem is that my dreams are usually so unbelievably surreal that I figure out it's a dream pretty quickly. Then I just think, "Well, I'm going to wake up before this starts hurting, so I might as well enjoy this." This particular one more "really freaking annoying" than "terrifying."

Probably the worst nightmare I've ever had was the one where all people who have ever bullied me were suddenly in the same college I was, and hadn't matured even slightly. It was every bit as surreal as any of my other dreams and I was well aware that it was a dream, but it wasn't something I could just sit back and enjoy. It was annoying and I had no idea when something would happen that would wake me up. Stuck in the past, I guess.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
Hmmm...I can't think of any of my worst nightmares at the moment.  Most of my dreams were either nice, not so nice, or just plain weird. :p  I can say that a few of my dreams involved falling off of something and then hitting the ground.  For example, there is this one dream I remember where I'm at this indoor waterpark, and there is this weird-looking waterslide, so I decided to go on it. :p Once I got on, the water seemed to go really fast, and I kept swinging close to the open edges of the slide, until I finally went off the edge of the slide and fell towards the pavement below. >< I immediately woke up once I made contact with the ground.

Takumi

Hmm....My worst nightmare would be I was sleeping in bed when somebody busted into my room. I sat straight up and tried to yell but I could not make a sound. The man who busted into the room took out too daggers and then made an x-cutting motion across my neck. Then my head rolled onto the bed and was staring at my still sitting, lifeless body. Then I woke up >.>

Cygnus421

there's a bitch who got fired at my job and im glad she did because she was horrible to work with.. she treated everyone like they were retarted.

I keep having reoccuring nightmares that they give her her job back... last night was the fourth time this happened.

------

as for the scariest dream ever, i think it would be when I was about 4 years old, i dreamed that a pack of wolves came into my room and ripped me to shreds. How I'm a furry now is beyond me.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
Has anyone here had one of those dreams in which it slightly came true later?  I had one of those.

I had this one dream where part of it dealt with looking at a poster advertising for a contest to appear as a car character in Disney/Pixar's movie "Cars," and on the left corner of the poster, there was Lightning McQueen and Sally, and in the center of the poster is a car character with human eyes and a mouth! :? The way it smiled kinda freaked me out. :shock: A little more than a month after my dream, when I was paying for my groceries, I looked at the cover of "Disney Magazine" on the magazine rack, there was an advertisement to appear as a car character in the "Cars" comic strip! Pretty weird, isn't it? :p

Anyway, another nightmare I can remember is that I was standing outside a gas station in the middle of nowhere, and this tornado was approaching me.  I don't know why, but I remember holding onto the hood of my car so that it wouldn't blow away, and it was very close to being blown away, but I was successful and got into my car to drive away.  I remember panicking and my heart racing as the tornado approached.

16weeks

Spirit Wolf said:
Are you sure it was a wolf and not a stray dog? Its unusual for something like that to happen, even with very small creatures which they will see as prey.
Yep, it was a wolf.
the guys that saw it after my bro shot it in the face identified it as one...
I was almost full gone, thank god for blood givers. and when i got my prostetic..well.......it was wierd.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Thats odd, did they test it to see if it was rabid? It's a very unusual event, but it is somewhat expected, because wolves see smaller creatures, be they human or otherwise, that make small, high pitched noises and helpless movements as prey, sort of like a rabbit or squirrel. Tis' a shame, although I do have to wonder why anyone let a 3 year old wander into woods by themselves without a parent watching very closely...

Ruiner

Its not a nightmare, but I remember a dream where I escaped execution by Pendulum-Hanging (its an odd concept) and broke out of some huge installation with some gigantic guy without a name, but with a huge railgun. We hopped onto an unmanned supply train. after a few minutes of sitting in one of the cars, the guy opens up the giganto-mungous sliding door to reveal blue skies, and green grass... On the green grass there are blankets laid out, like picnic blankets, only they appear to be comforters. We hop out of the train. Each blanket is occupied by one or two happy people. They look like hippies and are really nice people.

I make a living as a fraudulent foot doctor.

ADF

Usually some slow horrible death that I can see coming but cannot do anything about.

The theme changes but the subject is always the same in my nightmares.

16weeks

Spirit Wolf said:
Thats odd, did they test it to see if it was rabid? It's a very unusual event, but it is somewhat expected, because wolves see smaller creatures, be they human or otherwise, that make small, high pitched noises and helpless movements as prey, sort of like a rabbit or squirrel. Tis' a shame, although I do have to wonder why anyone let a 3 year old wander into woods by themselves without a parent watching very closely...

I wasn't that far from home really... i was in sight of the house... and then that wolf jumped me.... it was really thin and ugly too...