• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nintendo Apologises

Badballs

Beautiful Jerk
I think that, from viewing Nintendo's interesting history, giving a damn about anything other than WADS OF CASH would be a little out of character.
They have realised that they can practically print money by making cheap-ass games and selling them full-price to the casual types, and the rest of us can go die in a hole. Lying about it is just the icing on the cake.

Urban Wolf

I can hat!
I, like many was appalled by the E3 coverage. But like a good fanboy, i await gleefully for pikmin3, hopefully out in time for christmas.

Toroka

Cheetah / Whitewolf
Ionno. Other than trying Bleach and Metroid Prime, my Wii's not been seriously played since Zelda (which was awesome, but I got bored shortly after obtaining the spinny-disc-thing) :-D

If Nintendo fail to bring us good games, we stop buying them. THEN they realise gamers contribute more than their new demographic of couch potato athletes :rolleyes:

Torque.

Urban Wolf

I can hat!
hey. good point. ima raise that with my mate. It's obvious that since the E3 goers weren't impressed with the E3 coverage of casual-exclusive games, that the people there weren't casual gamers. that'd be the first hint :)

Toroka

Cheetah / Whitewolf
hey. good point. ima raise that with my mate. It's obvious that since the E3 goers weren't impressed with the E3 coverage of casual-exclusive games, that the people there weren't casual gamers. that'd be the first hint :)
Wasn't E3 pretty much dead anyway though? Something about "invitation only" or somesuch? :)

I mean, seriously... Wii-Fit?! The only GOOD use I can think of for Wii-Fit is to play it with your other half, naked. The only weight you'd lose would be in the bedroom antics which would surely follow ;) And something like DDR would probably make them (and you of course) look less of a retard and STILL lead to the same result :D

Torque.

Shiriko

Fat Jesus!
E3 is surviving solely on hype as of late. I, of course, was among the many people who look forward to watching the coverage that G4 has and whatnot. I, just like most of those people... was... almost bored with it. ._.

I'm beginning to worry that gaming is just going downhill. It's all sequels... are they making new stuff? Yeah, Square's making a new RPG, but that's one of the _few_ non-sequels that were there. Yeah, sequels aren't bad, but they aren't... new.

Anyway, hijacking aside, nintendo makes me facepalm.

Kajet

Hmm... I know they're probably using Mario and Zelda as examples but do we really need another game of either? Especially when it's frigging Nintendo? They have all kinds of games they could make a sequel to like...

Startropics
Mach Rider
Kid Icarus
Wave Race
Pilotwings
StarFox
Donkey Kong
Punch Out (With or with out ear biting licensed fighters)
Duck Hunt
Clu Clu Land
Devil World
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Ice Climber
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Wrecking Crew

Just to name a few, but instead we keep getting Zelda, Mario, and Metroid...

Urban Wolf

I can hat!
Scratch Donkey Kong... They lost rare remember? it risks going the same way as Crash Bandictoor.

Badballs

Beautiful Jerk
Alternatively, they could perhaps...be original?
Am I the only person who is sick of remakes and sequels?

Only Megaman may do that. Because he has a special place in my heart.

Urban Wolf

I can hat!
I'm not sick of sequels if they're good.
And Galaxy, Brawl, Corruption, Twilightprincess (just to name a few) are good :O

Kajet

I'm not saying that the recent games are bad, but with other licenses they could afford to do things differently without the fans screaming about how their favorite series got raped into something completely different.

Urban Wolf

I can hat!
Hm. good point. I think maybe they need to bite the bullet and ship in some third parties, Miyamoto has and continues to do a brilliant job, but there must be budding developers out there that would chop off one of all of their limbs just to have their ideas looked at by tendo.

Badballs

Beautiful Jerk
I'm not sick of sequels if they're good.
And Galaxy, Brawl, Corruption, Twilightprincess (just to name a few) are good :O

I didn't like any of those. Except Brawl. Why? Because SONIC, that's why.
My dreamcast is still plugged in.
I bought galaxy, and was all: I hate this.
Then I realised: I hate mario! Why did I buy it?
I just don't know.

Stratelier

However, the fact of the matter is the so-called 'big titles' need a long, long development period.
Far as I'm concerned, THAT can't be emphasized enough. For comparison, how long has Square-Enix been working on FFXIII by now, three years?

Nintendo mentioned they're working on a new Pikmin title. It's certainly possible they're tossing ideas around for the next Mario or Zelda, but since those are two of the MOST respected names in videogame series, Nintendo damnwell knows they can't make a new entry in either series giving less than their absolute best.

SparkOfMortality

Just checkin' in
My question is this: Why do you only care about mario and zelda? I know those two are the biggest sellers but what the hell happened to the other series like f-zero and metroid and starfox? And why the hell don't you port earthbound!!!

Range

Round D O G E
"However, the fact of the matter is the so-called 'big titles' need a long, long development period. ... We really didn't think this year's E3 media briefing was the time to do so."
Well they kinda have a point there. I mean, do we really want to hear about a game that won't be coming out for a couple years, then end up giving up a release date that's almost a year off *cough Twilight Princess cough*?

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
My question is this: Why do you only care about mario and zelda? I know those two are the biggest sellers but what the hell happened to the other series like f-zero and metroid and starfox? And why the hell don't you port earthbound!!!
Metroid has had recent installments and F-Zero is hardly neglected with like... 8+ installments to date. Starfox? A Wii game is in the works. The Earthbound/Mother series has been a victim of fate since day 1. Mother 1 was cancelled because it was going to ne introduced too close to the end of the NES's lifespan, and Earthbound/Mother 2 was subject of a new marketing gimmick that failed, making it a financial failure on paper (hence why they aren't localizing Mother 3... if the previous installments never gave any profit outside Japan, it doesn't really give them incentive to keep going). I'd also like to point out the Fire Emblem franchise is currently 11 installments long counting the new DS game.

I don't see why people say Mario and Zelda are the only franchises that Nintendo cares about. Every one of their 1st-party franchises has a decent amount of attention, but people like to DRAMA over the fact Mario and Zelda are the most well-known and act like those are the only ones that ever get new installments.

I bought galaxy, and was all: I hate this.
Then I realised: I hate mario! Why did I buy it?
I just don't know.
Um... Isn't that YOUR fault? >.>

Kajet

OMG NOOO!!! YOU CAN'T CALL A KID FAT!!!

Christ... when I was a kid you were called fat all the time, sometimes by your own parents, pansy ass kids these days... wouldn't know what to do if they were really insulted, not just assaulted by a random incoherent stream of vulgarities.

Anyway back on topic, Nintendo didn't seem to have anything except more Wii/Mii BS, Admitting the wii-remote's motion sensors suck, Pikmin 3, and a re-re-re-release of a N64 game

Toroka

Cheetah / Whitewolf
who cares
what is wrong with you people
Same as you :)

Too much time on our hands, so we decide have a discussion about something. Whilst you decide to enter a discussion, which obviously holds no interest for you, to apparently do no more than insult us... :rolleyes:

So, having ascertained this, what's wrong with you? ;)

Torque.

WhiteHowl

Procrastination is cool~*