• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nintendo Consoles: Which do you own?

Which consoles do you own?

• Switch

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Wii U

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Wii

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • 3ds/ds

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • NES

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • SNES

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Nintendo 64

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Gameboy

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got my Wii out of storage last week, and that got me wondering, Does anyone still have their old consoles? How many nintendo consoles do you own? What console is your favorite?

I still have my Wii, 3ds, and Switch, (think my gameboy is in storage, somewhere) and Imo, I can’t really decide. They all have different features that make them special!

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
IMO the Wii was the best until Nintendo sucked the life out of it in desperation to make people buy the Wii U. Still, I greatly prefer Wii titles over Wii U titles with the exception of SSB4 (I mean, first of all, Dr. Mario came back, and second of all, my main was introduced)
I'll probably change my mind when I get the Switch.

As for consoles I've owned, I have owned a Nintendo 64 (how could I not, just look at my name), an SNES, two DSis, three 3DSs, two Wiis, one of which I homebrewed, and a homebrewed Wii U. I still own a (broken) 3DS and my Wii U, but it's at my aunt's house.

C

CrookedCroc

Still have my Wii, Wii U, Gameboy Advance, SNES and a 2DS that doesn't work anymore.
To be honest I regret getting a Wii U, I had a lot of fun with Bayonetta 1 & 2, Wonderful 101, Splatoon and SSB but at the end of the day it didn't feel worth the investment

I

Infrarednexus

Still have my old Gameboy advance SP with all my games for it, including the Spyro ones.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
You ready for maximum manchild mode? I own the Gameboy Original, Pocket, color, advanced, sp, ds, and 3ds. I also own the Nes, Snes, 64, Gamceube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and even the ill fated virtual boy and the japaense version of the nes/snes. I grew up as a shitty, spoiled child and my family had the money for it usually. So growing up as a kid, I got most of those older systems from my folks. The Wii U was the first console I technically bought myself. I still keep my manchild status tho these days, as I'm still a pretty big Nintendo fan, the only difference being I buy my own consoles now.

F

foussiremix

I own a wii u and switch
I used to have a wii long time ago that is .gone now

Scrydan

Staff Dragon
I own all of the above. Lost some of them over the years but rebought my collection after it was stolen. Long sad story there.
Anyways, the Switch is my favorite to date and contains some of my favorite games and some upcoming ones.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
At some point or another I've had every system up to the Wii (excepting the Virtual Boy; see below. I also didn't have every variety of the Game Boy Advance). I skipped out on the Wii U.

The ones I still have? Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Wii, DS (I think - it was a TriForce DS that wouldn't turn on last I checked), 3DS (again, I only think I still have that thing), New 3DS XL... the GameCube and Wii are in storage... and I believe my mother still has the N64 I bought her some years back (primarily for Dr. Mario, believe it or not).

I planned to get a Switch but that's going to have to wait another month or two at least.

I will also add I've seen a Virtual Boy in the wild (okay, once at a friend's house many years ago, and more recently someone was trying to sell one at a gaming convention a few months back, but it was about $2k if I remember right), but am not sure I want to possess one now given that proper VR is more of a thing.

Last edited:

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
I still have my NES, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, Gamecube, and Switch. I handed my Windwaker HD edition WiiU over to a friend when the Switch came out (since I figured that it'd probably get tossed in some recycle heap traded in at a Gamestop post-Switch launch, so it may as well get some use) while my Wii is off with my sister in Bumfuck Nowhere, USA (since it played both Wii and Gamecube games and thus was a fairly good time killer when not chasing grizzlies). Good consoles, if most of those post-Gamecube have lost their "Built like a goddamn adamantium brick" status.

I have the original NES (The one that came with R.O.B) and it still works. The regular controllers have been replaced once but the Advantage, MAX, and zapper controllers still work.
When the other consoles starting coming out, I turned to PC gaming so other than the Atari 2600 and Pong, I never had any other consoles or handhelds.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
All I got left is my two Nintendo DS Lite's. Used to have a Wii and a Gameboy SP, but I gave them away eventually.

Good consoles, if most of those post-Gamecube have lost their "Built like a goddamn adamantium brick" status.

The original Nintendo DS, if closed, was a brick. I'd drop it all the time and it worked perfectly fine. I did break it one day when I slipped on the stairs and dropped it while it was open and the hinge shattered. I think the advantage the old systems had were bulky, simple shells that weren't made frail by over-designing.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
All I got left is my two Nintendo DS Lite's. Used to have a Wii and a Gameboy SP, but I gave them away eventually.

The original Nintendo DS, if closed, was a brick. I'd drop it all the time and it worked perfectly fine. I did break it one day when I slipped on the stairs and dropped it while it was open and the hinge shattered. I think the advantage the old systems had were bulky, simple shells that weren't made frail by over-designing.

Somewhat true, part of it was just less moving parts, less extra features, less transistors and such. Other part had to do with things like leaded solder being eschewed in place of unleaded solder, which is less durable when heated. I still find that to be a a shitty call. Another factor, was that the 7th gen of consoles (360, Ps3) were some of the worst designed systems in a long time. Especially with the ease of overheating and the thermal grease they used (dried up quickly).

Stratelier

I have (to some extent) every console on this list. Of the ones currently in use (or at least usable), however, that would be the Switch, 3DS, Wii U, and ... distant fourth to the DS.

My personal caveats:
- Never had the gray brick Gameboy, got a GB Pocket later on
- Have a Super Game Boy (visually the BEST way to play Pokemon Gen 1)
- Gameboy Advance in both formats (original and, later, SP)
- Originally had a DS fat (Mario Kart bundle, in fact), but later traded it in for credit towards a DS Lite
- 3DS in original, New XL, and New 2DS versions
- Have a Game Boy Player (shame it doesn't support the added SGB features, but whatevs)

NuclearSlayer52

purring like a wolf
switch
wii
wii u
gamecube
n64
ds
gameboy
technically a second gameboy

i have the gameboy my mom got me i think... my sister broke it though... cause you know breaking mine is better than hers and playing on mine was more convenient than walking you know like 30 meters to her room to get her gameboy from her room...
being fair a chose "good boy" to a dog that shit on either a couch or a carpet but something green that it shouldnt have shit on in one of the dog simulator games or whatever and it was her game but... like the only thing that adds reason for me to be at fault?
second gameboy was bought from a friend for 20$ for reasons... i think in 2014 to 2016? i dont remember i was just wanted a working gameboy again...

n64 is cause it wasnt used much at my grandpas house and when it was, it was me... though the spot i played it also has a playstation meaning i can play those games instead (which is where the "i beat spyro" thing came from in another thread) but i asked if i could have it and now i have it...

wii is technically shared and thats same with gamecube but... also apperently the wii doesnt like the tv downstairs or that tv doesnt like the wii idk but...

wii u is mine and switch is mine... i shall own all mario maker games and i shall make the most obnoxious stages ever and then have a randomizer at the end just to fuck with peoples sanity and make them hate the horrendous beings humanity is and everyone will try to make worse levels and nintendo will love this cause they have even satan trying to beat the levels and then hell stab us cause even humans are too evil and the sun will try to kill us and everything.... a normal saturday... speaking of i dont think my level is released cause my internet is shit...

gamecubes are durable fucking cubes of solid fun and it works amazingly still amazingly... not amazing that it works amazing cause its a gamecube and its magical...

my sister bought another ds cause her locking thing broke and the lid flopped around and i think it completely died... this time not to her being pissed at it... though being fair it was also semi recent so i think hers was passed the expected life so mine is too but i dont tend to use it while moving around i just sleep in vehicles instead... i dont think mine had any issues though... though i have a movie sticker thing on it idk why but i think i put it on it around first getting it and its still on it and i still attach random stickers to random things cause i have 2 stickers on my door and a third that came with them on the wall behind my couch... cause stickers... and things... and putting stickers on things... is fun...

i made a wall of text with peek holes

Bink

FLOOFY!
I've kind of drifted away from Nintendo in recent years. I grew up on Nintendo though, sadly having missed ever playing the N64, but I loved the Gamecube/Wii. I bought the Wii U solely to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I loved the game, but was overall unimpressed with the console and sold it for a profit (yay!) after I was done playing the game. The Switch is on my list, particularly since Nintendo seems to be greatly expanding their game libraries with the newest addition, about time!! The lack of game variety is mostly why I drifted away from them.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I was a Sega kid growing up. I didn't really go in for Nintendo until Pokémon Red/Blue, so I got a Gameboy for that and around that time an N64 for MarioKart, Smash Bros, and Pokémon Stadium. I didn't get a GameCube until way later when soneone was getting rid of it and I wanted my own copy of Melee (which I played a lot in my college newspaper office).

I graduated to GBA, DS, and 3DS for new Pokèmon games and Kingdom Hearts side games.

The Wii was the first console generation I had exclusively Nintendo and while I hated the motion controls I loved the library.

Today I primarily PC, PS4, and 3DS - only one of which is Nintendo obviously - but I still own and occasionally play all my old systems.

Vanilla Vixen

I currently own 3ds, Wii and the Switch.

Wii was my first console so it holds a very special place in my heart, so many great memories ;u; Sonic The Hedgehog games were my favorites growing up.

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
Still have my N64, Gamecube, Wii U and now I have a Switch.
I used to have the original Gameboy and Gameboy Color. I still have my Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Advance SP. Never went further than that.

M

ManicTherapsid

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, GB Advance, Wii, also have a non-functional Virtual Boy laying round somewhere.

Waiting for the new Starfox and Metroids before I pick up a switch. maybe this christmas?

A

Arvid

I’ve got a 3DS. I’ve had it for quite a while now and it hasn’t been touched in a few years actually. Brings back memories.

I also owned a Wii U but I got rid of that about a year or two ago.

Canis Dirus

Extinct Pleistocene canid
Dendy Junior. Still lying in the closet, along with a handful of "Over 9000 in 1" cartridges.

P.S. And Dendy was the game console of the russian nineties. Only Sega Megadrive could complete for this title.