• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nintendo Discussion

L

Leoni Zheitk

The title is pretty self explanatory.
This forum is just to talk about anything Nintendo related.
Be it a Nintendo franchise or about a Nintendo Console.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
Oooooo. The memories!

NES/SNES, Nintendo 64. Mario, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Star Fox, sooooo many games.

I remember being a 7-year old MORON, trying to play Mario World on the NES. I sucked at it, though.

Stratelier

Must see:

News about ARMS:
- More arm types
- Elemental effects
- New character revealed

News about Splatoon 2:
- Co-op mode "Salmon Run"
- Splatoon 2 amiibo
- Launch date confirmed

But my favorite piece of news:
MONSTER HUNTER STORIES COMING TO THE US!

I mean, hunting monsters is fun and all, but a JRPG where you raise monsters and hunt other monsters as a team? YES PLEASE!

Last edited:

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Where's my goddam first-party, 2.5D, classic-style, non-chibi, single-player, home-console, non-handheld bullshit Metroid, Nintendo?!
Huh? Huh?! HUH!? HUUUUUH!?!? Hop to it, fellas!

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I recently got my nephews a SNES classic so they could share in my nostalgia . Had to go through some 'Jingle All The Way' bullshit for it.

All I have to say is fuck Nintendo for creating this artificial scarcity, scalper's market. They do not give one tick about their customer base.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
I recently got my nephews a SNES classic so they could share in my nostalgia . Had to go through some 'Jingle All The Way' bullshit for it.

All I have to say is fuck Nintendo for creating this artificial scarcity, scalper's market. They do not give one tick about their customer base.

Since I'm going to get switch soon (PC's gonna wait) I just hope Japan don't go full retard and artificially lower their units.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Where's my goddam first-party, 2.5D, classic-style, non-chibi, single-player, home-console, non-handheld bullshit Metroid, Nintendo?!
Huh? Huh?! HUH!? HUUUUUH!?!? Hop to it, fellas!
So happy i finally got what i wanted. Too bad a damn good fan project had to die though...

Stratelier

We totally should've quoted this post directly after E3, printed it out and hung it on a wall or memed it or something ... because aside from which system it was released on, they nailed basically all those points. Oh, and the updated designs for Zeta/Omega metroids look AWESOME.

Last edited:
L

-..Legacy..-

Why Emulators exist, Volume 1

Stratelier

Is it just me or does Nintendo like to do maybe only 3-4 Nintendo Direct presentations a year? Nonetheless, it makes it something to look forward to ... they kick off the year with:

To summarize:
- At least 5 ports of older titles to the Switch
- At least 3 DLC announcements
- News on 2 indie titles
- One surprise final announcement

Axelfox

Yeah i heard about that annoucment.

I wonder though if the Nintendo switch version of Skyrim will be able to support the Nexus mods

I been playing Skyrim, finished BOTW, picked up farm simulator for switch.

Will probably get Doom 2016.

V

Vitaly

32f.gif

Stratelier

I wonder though if the Nintendo switch version of Skyrim will be able to support the Nexus mods
Given that the Special Editions have official mod support, you'd think if this were the case they might have it available upon launch? Basically everything else is on par with the Special Edition....

Altal

The F-zero GBA games seem really underappreciated. Don't know why, they rock. Really hope they bring the best futuristic racing series back soon. Also a good Starfox game would be nice.

Stratelier

What kind of input plugs does your TV have, coaxial? Then you'd probably need not just an HDMI-to-AV adapter but an RF modulator as well.

Sometimes I kind of miss the RF modulator days, for one reason: you could daisy-chain multiple input devices into a single input channel (to a certain degree, anyway) so you didn't need an explicit switchbox to connect multiple devices to one set.

F

Freedom_Eternal

Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES is how I got into gaming.
Good times, good times.

Stratelier

The TV takes male input plugs. RCA I guess?
In order of decreasing quality:

If you have five RCA plugs (red+green+blue and white+red) then that is component video + stereo audio.

If you have one plug with multiple lines then that is S-video (audio connects separately).

If you have three RCA plugs that are yellow, white, red then that is composite video and audio.

If you only have one large (and often threaded) plug then that's coaxial (RF modulated audiovideo).

If you have just two screws ... wow, that brings back memories. Twin lead is also RF modulated.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Got myself a new 3DS 5 years after having (and selling) one, so, eh, let's share friend codes and add each other!
1092-3857-6034

K

Kiaara

I personally have more nintendo consols than anything else, I have an N64, A SNES re-release, a Wii-u, and a 3DS XL New.
But I enjoy the play-station franchise too. I almost got a wii and a switch, but there was a family emergency and we needed the money :/

S

Sagt

Since no one has mentioned it, GameFreak revealed a while back that they were developing a Pokemon game on the Switch. The good news is that it's a mainline RPG, though the bad news is that it won't be released for quite a while.

Games on the Switch have been pretty good at delivering so far, so I'm hoping this won't break the streak, when it finally comes out. :x

Got myself a new 3DS 5 years after having (and selling) one, so, eh, let's share friend codes and add each other!
1092-3857-6034
I play infrequently since I can only buy games for that device through a convuluted method, but we can add each other if you want.

FC: 0705-5008-2771

Fitch_Tiger

The one and only.
I've owned every Nintendo console since the GameBoy and N64. Most recently played game was Mario Odysyee and Luigis Mansion 2.