• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nintendo Sucks

Stratelier

This isn't green. Also, what's that got to do with what was said?
Are you by chance running the forums on dark mode? Because other people aren't. Please stick with the default color (or pick something high-contrast that is easy to read on either end of the spectrum).

Eremurus

live long, and prosper
Are you by chance running the forums on dark mode? Because other people aren't. Please stick with the default color (or pick something high-contrast that is easy to read on either end of the spectrum).
Edit*

Too much hassle. I'll just use default.

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Yes, I use dark theme on every website with that option. There aren't any colours that contrast well with both. Just to humour you; I took a screenshot on the light theme. It's 100% visible, I don't know what you're talking about. It's probably just YOUR poor eyesight.

View attachment 96257

You can't read this? It looks fine. So no, I won't change it. Sorry. I like this colour.
I can read it just fine.
I don't like the shade, but it's still 10x better than people that like to use the lightest shade of pink. XD

Eremurus

live long, and prosper
I can read it just fine.
I don't like the shade, but it's still 10x better than people that like to use the lightest shade of pink. XD
Well, you don't have to worry about that. Not my forte.

Last edited:

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I don't like Nintendo, but that doesn't automatically mean I like other companies? Because I don't. The entire industry sucks.

You... sure you know what schizophrenia is?
When the fuck did I assumed that you liked those companies?

Can you even read?
Hey AM2R and Zelda: The Missing Link were pretty gud
The latter has a really challenging dungeon with this fascinating item that makes you travel back to the location you were a few seconds ago, resulting in some really cool puzzles. Super short though.
Never heard of the latter and I'm very sorry for the former being lumped in with those garbage games.

Eremurus

live long, and prosper
You tell me: you chewed me out for I guess like, only mentioning Nintendo? In a thread about them? Why would I even mention the others? I don't need to shit on the others to say Nintendo is a ghoulish corporation full of suits.

You are so illogical.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
You are justifying your illegal ways by telling us that you don't care about the law and saying we need to fuck Nintendo over? One would think that you're a Sony or a Microsoft fan.
I don't give two shits about either of them, either.

Also, I never said we need to fuck Nintendo over.
Just saying that because of their shit behavior, I stopped caring about pirates. Never called for anyone doing anything illegal. Most I will outright say is maybe a boycott is in order.
*shrug*

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
You tell me: you chewed me out for I guess like, only mentioning Nintendo? In a thread about them? Why would I even mention the others? I don't need to shit on the others to say Nintendo is a ghoulish corporation full of suits.

You are so illogical.
If Nintendo was so bad then why are they where okay with fans making a English patch for Mother 3?
I don't give two shits about either of them, either.

Also, I never said we need to fuck Nintendo over.
Just saying that because of their shit behavior, I stopped caring about pirates. Never called for anyone doing anything illegal. Most I will outright say is maybe a boycott is in order.
*shrug*
If you're not then we are you in this topic to begin with?

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Lmao, You're a Schizo.
It's sentences like these that makes me wonder if I'm in some sort of bizarre time warp. Don't remember it being the year 2006.
In all seriousness, refrain from using such insults and derogatory terms. It's uncalled for.

Being serious about this...
I don't know enough about Nintendo to say whether they suck or not. I don't spend 17 hours of every day of my life brown-nosing a logo, nor do I look up videos demonising said logo. I'm in the middle of those extremes.

I will say my experience with the Nintendo products I have owned and used over the years has been positive. I have owned a DS Lite and Wii. Nothing more than that. For right now, I am under the domain of Sony.

Someone brought the shutting down of the Etsy store selling JoyCon things to my attention. Point being, they were selling unofficial products and the proceeds went to charity (don't know how much, I only heard this, didn't really research exactly what).

Nintendo has the right to decide when and where the word 'JoyCon' is used. They registered the trademark and they own it. They, therefore, have the legal right to take down anything using it without their permission or using it in a way they don't like.

However, them having said store on Etsy taken down was a shitty move, I'll say that. They should have at least said: 'We didn't authorise this, but we'll talk with you about how we can make this OK in terms of law, alright?'. That's what I would have done as a CEO of Nintendo. So on this instance, I'm taking a 'Yeah, they had the right to, but it was still pretty shitty of them to flex said right cos it was for charity'.

I mean, He -did- got drunk on stream and showed off the main unit of the Switch, After all.

Yeah, This wasn't very good on their behalf. But really, Who uses Joycons? Just buy a 3rd party Pro controller.
That was a fake replica. Either way, the situation around the Etika Joycons is developing and apparently the ones who made them weren't the most honest people. So I'm letting that argument die. Nintendo can have that.

As for the JoyCons, there's third party controllers that are better, yes. Believe me, I know, I have seven of them.

But the single richest company in Japan can do better than to release something objectively faulty and not address it. It's ridiculous to have to buy additional controllers (that can't attach to the Switch) because Nintendo doesn't want to make what you paid $300 for work properly for the long haul. If I have to play in table top mode or console mode all the time to use my good controllers, that effectively destroys the entire point of the damn thing.

Trevorbluesquirrel

Hey AM2R and Zelda: The Missing Link were pretty gud
The latter has a really challenging dungeon with this fascinating item that makes you travel back to the location you were a few seconds ago, resulting in some really cool puzzles. Super short though.

Yeah, some unlicensed games do turn out OK, like Krazy Kreatures, Toobin', and Castlevania: Simon's Destiny!

fernshiine

This is an interesting thread because I was just wondering whether or not I want to buy the Switch.

I don't think I will, knowing they're doing this, and will just stick with the consoles I have and maybe buy something like Xbox or Playstation. My father wants one and I've been thinking of buying one for us to play on along with ordering Minecraft for it.

Does suck because the system seems good but ridiculously expensive, plus all this stuff is yikes

This is an interesting thread because I was just wondering whether or not I want to buy the Switch.

I don't think I will, knowing they're doing this, and will just stick with the consoles I have and maybe buy something like Xbox or Playstation. My father wants one and I've been thinking of buying one for us to play on along with ordering Minecraft for it.

Does suck because the system seems good but ridiculously expensive, plus all this stuff is yikes
Eh... Its a good port machine at least. Can't stand the first party shit.
I'd wait anyway since an updated model is releasing next year. Wait on more news for that.

fernshiine

Eh... Its a good port machine at least. Can't stand the first party shit.
I'd wait anyway since an updated model is releasing next year. Wait on more news for that.
Ahhh good call.

Keep in mind this thread isnt some cringy call to action boycott bullshit. I've known for 15 years Nintendo has been shitty to folks around them just like any other F500 company.

*I'm* not giving them money for a bit until I see them at least calm the Hell down. But dont let this influence your own purchases. Its just something relevant to talk about.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Keep in mind this thread isnt some cringy call to action boycott bullshit. I've known for 15 years Nintendo has been shitty to folks around them just like any other F500 company.

*I'm* not giving them money for a bit until I see them at least calm the Hell down. But dont let this influence your own purchases. Its just something relevant to talk about.
That's pretty much what a boycott is.
The only protest a big company really listens to is one that hits their pocketbook.

So if you like Nintendo and want to see them do better, just hold off on purchases until they get their head out of their ass.

ZebraDrugs

Good games. Evil company,. I have no idea if this is a popular opinion or not but: Why do i have to pay for online gaming? They have more than enough money as we can all see.

i'd rather support smaller companies. Like innersloth (Not sure if they're considered small anymore tho.)

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Good games. Evil company,. I have no idea if this is a popular opinion or not but: Why do i have to pay for online gaming? They have more than enough money as we can all see.

Or at least make online gaming free for games like animal crossing! All you're doing is visiting someone! It's not nearly as chaotic as Smash Bros or Mario Kart. :mad:

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto

i'd rather support smaller companies. Like innersloth (Not sure if they're considered small anymore tho.)
Have you tried playing Smash online?
That netcode is not worth paying for lmao