• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nintendo Sucks

That's pretty much what a boycott is.
The only protest a big company really listens to is one that hits their pocketbook.

So if you like Nintendo and want to see them do better, just hold off on purchases until they get their head out of their ass.
I'm talking *rallying* OTHER people to join me in some major boycotting effort.

D

Deleted member 133545

Their latest Pokemon games and the….awful character picks to participate in smash, was already enough for me to know Nintendo is falling down to total retardation

Their latest Pokemon games and the….awful character picks to participate in smash, was already enough for me to know Nintendo is falling down to total retardation
I cant stand Ultimate. The picks arent what bug me mainly (despite half the roster being same faced anime characters). Just everything else.
The roster size is impressive but I'm over it. Been over it.
I'd rather have 8 unique well synergized characters than 90 that mostly feel the same.
And literally every mode that isn't basic local sucks ass.

M

Mop

Nintendo has always been heavy-handed towards fan material, this is not new. It sucks for the people who are really dedicated to their stuff but honestly I don't really care much, which is how the average consumer should also think.

I'll buy games if they're good, I'm not going to boycott the entire company or whatever just because of this.

Also this outrage culture in nerd-culture communities is so stupid. You act as if you're collapsing these huge companies but have you seen their stocks or profits? These big video game companies are doing pretty well, even the most hated ones like EA.

I'll buy games if they're good, I'm not going to boycott the entire company or whatever just because of this.

Also this outrage culture in nerd-culture communities is so stupid. You act as if you're collapsing these huge companies but have you seen their stocks or profits? These big video game companies are doing pretty well, even the most hated ones like EA.

Keep in mind this thread isnt some cringy call to action boycott bullshit. I've known for 15 years Nintendo has been shitty to folks around them just like any other F500 company.

*I'm* not giving them money for a bit until I see them at least calm the Hell down. But dont let this influence your own purchases. Its just something relevant to talk about.

No one's trying to collapse anything.
Learn how to read.

M

Mop

No one's trying to collapse anything.
You have literally said that you are boycotting them for the forseeable future in your own quoted message.

Also, whether this specific thread is a call to arms in boycotting Nintendo isn't what I was talking about; it's the pervasive outrage culture within threads and spaces like this about companies like EA, Blizzard, Disney (and now Nintendo, etc.) that I was criticising. Some people, observable within this thread as well as elsewhere, think that these big companies are dying due to the outrage they've generated in niche communities like this.

You said it nicely:
Learn how to read.

You have literally said that you are boycotting them for the forseeable future in your own quoted message.

Your posts imply the goofy assumption that I'm trying to jumpstart some cause when I've already stated before you came in here on the defense that isn't the purpose. It takes no effort for a person to not buy luxury hobby products. It's not an attempt to "collapse" them. I don't know where you read into me thinking that's possible as one dude on a furry forum. I certainly don't and don't want to see it happen. lol

M

Mop

Your posts imply the goofy assumption that I'm trying to jumpstart some cause when I've already stated before you came in here on the defense that isn't the purpose. It takes no effort for a person to not buy luxury hobby products. It's not an attempt to "collapse" them. I don't know where you read into me thinking that's possible as one dude on a furry forum. I certainly don't and don't want to see it happen. lol
Conversations like this have been had on forums and videos all over the internet, your opinion isn't that of "one dude on a furry forum lol". And while it doesn't take effort to not buy Nintendo products, making a point of not buying their products because of their actions is the dictionary definition of boycott.

Also like I said, which was conveniently left out of my quoted message:
Also, whether this specific thread is a call to arms in boycotting Nintendo isn't what I was talking about; it's the pervasive outrage culture within threads and spaces like this about companies like EA, Blizzard, Disney (and now Nintendo, etc.) that I was criticising. Some people, observable within this thread as well as elsewhere, think that these big companies are dying due to the outrage they've generated in niche communities like this.

And to be even more clear, the "you" in my initial post, when calling this behaviour out in the first place, was intended to be plural and not directed at specifically you. I was not accusing you of attempting to collapse Nintendo, I was instead criticising a wide group of people within spaces like this in general of acting as if these big companies are close to ruin (EA, Disney, Blizzard, etc.) due to online anger and boycotts. But I also think that these almost biyearly cancelling of companies by nerd-culture communities, frequently for things not even that egregious, is stupid.

BennyJackdaw

Don't worry, I'm a friendly rat.

Can I just complain about Corrin from fire emblem for a moment? Honestly, he was part of the reason I did not buy the last three characters for Smash Brothers 4, and this complaint is probably old and it's too late for me to do so, but many people kept telling me that I should like the character because he isn't human, which him being one, as well as six out of the seven characters being one, only one of which wasn't depicted in a generic anime style, was a big complaint I had with the character oh, and they kept directing me at to his Dragon form. Right now, I just want to complain about his Dragon form.

What is that? That's your dragon? This ugly, bizarre, confusing, emotionless Eldritch Horror? What is Nintendo's obsession with trying to ruin dragons? It seems like, not just in Fire Emblem, but in Pokemon as well, they have been actively trying to make their dragon's more bizarre and bogus.

Say what you want about Charizard and Dragonite oh, I personally liked their designs because they were simple and to the point. Beyond that, it just felt like Nintendo was trying to add more and more things to their dragons to make them more and more Awkward. You probably might have Dracovish on your Pokemon Showdown team, but do you have him on your team because you think he looks cool? Does anyone think he looks cool? Again, why are Dragon becoming more and more bizarre looking?

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I'm a Sony fan
Sony is even worse than Nintendo and their BS is more apparent.
But were they actually? Fan projects tend to start and remain small, so it's generally only when one goes viral/mainstream that a company actually steps in to shut it down (or in rarer cases, officially license it).
Mother 3 has male/male kissing and drag queens, Something Nintendo cannot bring over due to it's policies. It's not something like Pokemon Black & White 1 where you had a gay hiker and they changed his dialog to make it less creepy.
That was a fake replica. Either way, the situation around the Etika Joycons is developing and apparently the ones who made them weren't the most honest people. So I'm letting that argument die. Nintendo can have that.

As for the JoyCons, there's third party controllers that are better, yes. Believe me, I know, I have seven of them.

But the single richest company in Japan can do better than to release something objectively faulty and not address it. It's ridiculous to have to buy additional controllers (that can't attach to the Switch) because Nintendo doesn't want to make what you paid $300 for work properly for the long haul. If I have to play in table top mode or console mode all the time to use my good controllers, that effectively destroys the entire point of the damn thing.
You're right on that, Seeing how the Switch was rushed out.
I have no idea if this is a popular opinion or not but: Why do i have to pay for online gaming? They have more than enough money as we can all see.
Sony and Microsoft does THE SAME THING HOW IS THIS A SURPRISE TO YOU?
It hasn't gotten much better since Wii
Wii U has better HD visuals, More characters, Free online and no tripping.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Pokemon is Gamefreak and Smash's FE wanking is Sakurai's doing.
Can I just complain about Corrin from fire emblem for a moment?
Fire Emblem is Intelligent Systems doing, Not Nintendo's.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

LuxerHusku

The Unlucky Husky
Here’s what I got to say...

Who cares at this point? Nintendo had always been Nintendo for decades and people are still treating this as something new. I always hear people saying they’ll boycott Nintendo for their business practices yet still support them for their NSO service and games. Look at the whole #FreeMelee uproar. That quickly got shot down when Sephiroth was announced and now it’s not much of a big thing anymore.

I swear, Nintendo fans are one of the worst fanbases I have ever experienced. So much that every time Nintendo breathes, there’s always something complaining at the things they had done for many years. “Nintendo hates fangames!” Yeah, we have known that for more than 200 posts about it in the fast. About how Nintendo goes after people uploading their music, homebrewing their systems, emulating pirated games, etc.

And no, they shouldn’t be like Valve or Sega. They have every right to protect their IP. People still think Nintendo is against emulators, but that’s not entirely true. It’s mostly the roms you download from sites is what Nintendo is after. I and you know that saying that you own those games is completely BS as they’re now pretty expensive to buy off from Ebay or Amazon. I am talking about Melee here. I highly doubt more than 1/4 of the community owns that game; worst is not showing any proof. Just holding a disc of it is not enough as everyone can use that pic.

Anywho, I love Nintendo and will always support them. I really don’t care what they do as long as they published good games. If it seems like I’m defending them, then so be it.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
It’s mostly the roms you download from sites is what Nintendo is after.
Kind of funny since Nintendo, despite denial, was caught using roms found online in their virtual console games.
The copy of Super Mario Bros they used had the iNes header, which Nintendo didn't make lol

LuxerHusku

The Unlucky Husky
Kind of funny since Nintendo, despite denial, was caught using roms found online in their virtual console games.
The copy of Super Mario Bros they used had the iNes header, which Nintendo didn't make lol
No, that was proven false. The roms they used were from Animal Crossing in the GameCube. There is a source for that.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
No, that was proven false. The roms they used were from Animal Crossing in the GameCube. There is a source for that.

" The .NES header, originally created by Marat Fayzullin for his iNES emulator, is used to provide emulators with the necessary context needed to recreate a hardware setup that changed with each and every cartridge. Finding it in this Nintendo-published version of Super Mario Bros. felt like a sign we were heading in the right direction.

At this point I contacted Fayzullin himself, providing him with the files we'd obtained. He then compared this with various pirated Super Mario Bro. ROMs found online and discovered the ROM content was identical.

"There are minute differences between ROM dumps," explained Fayzullin. "Depending on the cartridge version and how it has been dumped. If you see that your .NES file DOES NOT match any of the ones found online, it is likely to be their own ROM dump. I have cut the ROM content out of the Wii file you sent me and it indeed matches the .NES file found online." "