• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nintendo Wii Update (Full Version of Internet Channel)

A Wii system update is required before you download the full version, the Wii shop channel will give you the infomation you need.

For more infomation that I haven't mentioned read your Wii console instructions manual.

(April 12th) For the Nintendo Wii users who go online who are visiting this thread on either thier Wii consoles or Computer incase you haven't noticed you can now download the full version of the internet Channel.

(Reminder) when downloading Wii downloads you have to pay by Wii points which you can purchase from your favourite gamestore (WHSmith also sells them but they are the cheapest I've found so far) you can download retro games on consoles such as, Genesis, Snes, Nes, Turbografx (never heard of this format) and N64 games to.
Some of the downloads in the Wii shop are Free such as the voting channel and the Internet Channel.

Amount of Wii points needed per game (Note: In some regions such as Japan and USA the WII point price might be higher or lower but only on certain titles, These prices are UK prices but most of these prices are on most of the USA and Japan prices anyway.

Nes (500 Wii points. If I'm right TMNT costs less or more)
Snes (800 Wii points)
Genesis (800 Wii points)
Turbografix (600 Wii points)
N64 (1,000 Wii points. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time costs 1,200 points in japan)

You must have internet access on your wii console. The Nintendo Wii uses wireless broadband conection, If you don't have a modem that can handle wireless conections at your house you can always use a neighbours conection since the wii can conect to any modem near or inside your house but becareful when you are using someone's modem when they are not noticing because in future they find out someone has been using their wireless conection they can prevent people like you or hackers from using it by using a security password or WEP code in other words. Its very simple to conect to the internet cause all you mostly have to do is just make your wii scan for a wireless conection then select one of your choice or your own modem if you wish then you will be able to go online with your wii but you still have one more steps to go through first, but don't worry its not difficult to go online.

The next step is to go onto the Wii shop channel and use your internet conection to access the shop, click on "Wii Software" then click on the "Internet Channel" which has replaced the trail edition. Since your there you might as well download the "Everybody Votes Channel" I just use that program just to kill time by voting. For the Wii users that have already got the trail ver of the, Internet Channel you will notice today it has been updated and its the newest item in the shop.

The Full version of the internet download is for free

I've just recently tested this software out and it works fine even better than the trial edition.

Note: The Download for the Internet Channel will be for free untill 6/2007 you can still use it if you have downloaded the software before that date. But for people that haven't downloaded the software at or after 7/2007 you will have to pay up 500 Wii points to download this.

You don't have to pay a thing to go online, its free and unlimited to.

Here are the games I've downloaded the ones that are in capital letters are the games I recomend you download but you should still check the game out on another website before you download it just incase it doesn't appeal to you.

MARIO KART 64 (N64 1997 UK, 1996 in USA and Japan)
SUPER MARIO BROTHERS (NES 1987 UK, 1985 USA and Japan)
STREETS OF RAGE (Genesis 1991)
Donkey Kong Country (Snes 1994)
KIRBY'S ADVENTURE (NES 1994)

More games that should be realesed on Virtual Console in future and games I should be downloading in future to. There is no recomendation from me yet since I haven't tested these games yet on the VC but I have played the original games.

Super Metroid (Snes 1993)
Lylat Wars UK title (N64 1997, USA title is Starfox 64)
Sonic the hedgehog (Genesis 1991)

Right thats that shit done with the update and the infomation I gave to you. See you later!

Btw how the fuck do you trade Wii codes and what is the point in that to?

Magica

Fatty Furfag Weeaboo
Thanks for the update reminder. I was gone all day.

My mom let me use her debit card and get about $30 worth of points, which is 3,000. So I got Donkey Kong (NES 500), Super Mario Bros. (NES 500), Ocarina of Time (N64 1,000), and Mario Kart 64 (1,000)

As for the Wii friend codes. When you create messages you can add someone's Wii code to your address book. I believe you can play WiiSports or WiiPlay online with a Wii friend but I'm not too sure on that.

TMNT costs 600 points.

DragonMagica said:
Thanks for the update reminder. I was gone all day.

My mom let me use her debit card and get about $30 worth of points, which is 3,000.  So I got Donkey Kong (NES 500), Super Mario Bros. (NES 500), Ocarina of Time (N64 1,000), and Mario Kart 64 (1,000)

As for the Wii friend codes.  When you create messages you can add someone's Wii code to your address book.  I believe you can play WiiSports or WiiPlay online with a Wii friend but I'm not too sure on that.

TMNT costs 600 points.
I thought you can only use credit cards, my mother has a debit card to but can't afford anymore yet any there isn't much worth using spending more game right now.

Oh one more thing Nintendo Adds new Games every friday on every week they only add 3 though, I wish they would add 5 a week that would be much better if they added far to more than that then the retro games list would be full to quickly.

PuppyJ

The Internet Channel has improved vastly from its trial version. But I still think it needs work. Where's my tabbed browsing out of the virtual box for instance? :(

PuppyJ said:
The Internet Channel has improved vastly from its trial version. But I still think it needs work. Where's my tabbed browsing out of the virtual box for instance? :(

It seems pretty good I only use the internet on the Wii to watch videos. On newgrounds, Youtube and peekvid.com. Also I watch flash files on FA and FCHAN .

Magica

Fatty Furfag Weeaboo
Krystallwolvelt said:
I thought you can only use credit cards, my mother has a debit card to but can't afford anymore yet any there isn't much worth using spending more game right now.

Oh one more thing Nintendo Adds new Games every friday on every week they only add 3 though, I wish they would add 5 a week that would be much better if they added far to more than that then the retro games list would be full to quickly.

My mom's debit (and mine) is a Visa, so we were able to buy the points through the console itself.

And I believe it updates every Monday.

PuppyJ

One thing I do not understand is that they didn't bundle the browser with the latest offering from Flash. I tried to see if I could watch videos from ign.com, a gaming news site, and it failed. :( All that aside, it's perfect for playing flash games on the big screen. :D

DragonMagica said:
Krystallwolvelt said:

My mom's debit (and mine) is a Visa, so we were able to buy the points through the console itself.

And I believe it updates every Monday.
When I said the games get updated on friday, I meant the UK Release I also thought it would go worldwide anyway at first.