• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

No mods with [recent] bans

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
I was actually talking about certain others who have thrown their hat in the mod ring, but sure, please speak for me.

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
KHAJIIT IS INNOCENT OF THIS CRIME!
DOES KHAJIIT POSSIBLY HAVE AN APPLICATION LINK? CAUSE THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL AND THREAD-RELEVANT.

just sayin'.

To be fair, I haven't been a member for very long, but I have no infractions or blemishes on my name. Even working full time, I typically have FAF open in another tab most of the day. You can see from this thread that I have good ideas and a strong desire to actually see this place thrive. If you give me the opportunity I would apply and if you chose me I would do an honest job. But I need the opportunity. We need the opportunity.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
DOES KHAJIIT POSSIBLY HAVE AN APPLICATION LINK? CAUSE THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL AND THREAD-RELEVANT
Not at this time. We are working on some things behind the scenes before we bring on additional mods as we want to improve how the forum is modded.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Actually, how does moderation selection work? Do you actually even do applications, or do you just message people you've considered, or what?

Wulf Canavar

"He flashed a knowing grin...."
Again, this is why I propose the 1 year time frame, to show that they've moved on from the infraction.

While I like the anonymous mod account idea for keeping the mods from getting harangued while they're just chilling on the forums or from people getting salty about who was chosen and who wasn't, that doesn't quite negate my original point. Just making someone with a ban under their belt anonymous does not wipe clean their history. All of my concerns about them would still stand, I just wouldn't know to be concerned. Make sense?

Perhaps a compromise would be a probationary period if we really must hire someone with a recent history of bans. Have a senior mod shadow them and check their work to make sure everything is on the up and up. Over time, make these checks fewer and farther between (though I don't want to get rid of them altogether, all mods should have their work checked from time to time to keep things honest and as unbiased as possible imo).

Seconded.

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
Also mentioning this, not as an attack at anyone here, but because this has been an issue for me in the past. Leave friendships out of mod selection. Be unbiased in who you appoint. Again, not saying anything about anyone here, I’ve just seen legitimate store management done that way and it pisses me off. Wanted to nip that in the bud before it became an issue.

Le Chat Nécro

Also mentioning this, not as an attack at anyone here, but because this has been an issue for me in the past. Leave friendships out of mod selection. Be unbiased in who you appoint. Again, not saying anything about anyone here, I’ve just seen legitimate store management done that way and it pisses me off. Wanted to nip that in the bud before it became an issue.
Agreed. Croneyism sucks and doesn't help anyone except a select few. If we want to stay a hub for furries online, we can't start falling into petty cliques.

metafang

@zenmaldita I support the campaign of your legs! And I think is a strong point that a mod can be like a sail and adapt to the wind. No need to fight, rather dissuade conflict.

All this post is full of good points and ideas honestly.

ok yall pls post your appendage/anatomy mod-forms im curious, easily entertained and i like this metaphor for all the different styles of moderation that can be helpful

i d k why but i had to write this in letter / comic format :/// wats ronge w meeeeeeeb:V

1525471886.kaivey_forummod.png

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
ok yall pls post your appendage/anatomy mod-forms im curious, easily entertained and i like this metaphor for all the different styles of moderation that can be helpful

i d k why but i had to write this in letter / comic format :/// wats ronge w meeeeeeeb:V

1525471886.kaivey_forummod.png
This is truly beautiful art tysm for bringing this to life

metafang

This is truly beautiful art tysm for bringing this to life

gratitude beam back to this thread / its contributors / contents

it kind of looks like gyrados' hyperbeam w little hearts floating in it ;;

it does seem like dragoneer and other ppls currently in mod form are doing self evaluation, which is cool , and takes time

Le Chat Nécro

I’m legit fighting off the urge to make actual promotional knick knacks for @Le Chat Nécro ’s campaign. but I’m so broke I need to set up a gofundme
Buttons, stickers, collectible bottle caps, you name it
I appreciate the sentiment, but please don't. Last thing I need is more junk. Lol.

Plus campaigning for this kind of thing seems weird. Like trying to campaign for any other non elected position. Can you imagine campaigning for an office job? Oh that would be so weird.

Once Dragoneer is ready, I'll happily apply, but for now we just gotta keep doing what we can to make this place better.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
Because that's my job. I'm not taking action against anyone but issuing a general reminder. Not just to you but to anyone else who may see it. Not angry at anyone in particular, but my job is to remind people to look both ways before crossing the street.

didn't say you were angry at anyone

any way i think @Le Chat Nécro would be a good decision she's already shown in the thread that she's calm mature reminds people to stay on topic has good conflict resolution skills we need some one like some one who will make reasonable sound decisions and is also well liked within the community

Last edited:

Le Chat Nécro

Necro-ing my own thread. Sue me. Maybe this will get a mod's attention.

@Dragoneer where are the mods you promised? You wouldn't let us apply cause you had it taken care of. Surprise, it ain't.

Listen to us. Get more mods. Stop letting this place burn.

G

Ginza

Necro-ing my own thread. Sue me. Maybe this will get a mod's attention.

@Dragoneer where are the mods you promised? You wouldn't let us apply cause you had it taken care of. Surprise, it ain't.

Listen to us. Get more mods. Stop letting this place burn.

*banned for necro-ing*

Eh at this point, what can I say?

This place is just gonna burn. We’ve asked for months, and we get the whole “we’re on it” but we see no results. They’re never going to fix it, these are all empty promises.

KimberVaile

Self congratulatory title goes here
*banned for necro-ing*

This place is just gonna burn. We’ve asked for months, and we get the whole “we’re on it” but we see no results. They’re never going to fix it, these are all empty promises.
Next you'll be telling me Project Phoenix was a failure.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster

Le Chat Nécro

*banned for necro-ing*

What bugs me most is there is no good reason not to fix things. A burning site doesn't generate revenue. It can't be a money thing cause we have people offering to work for free. Everything they need is there. They just have to let us help.

But no. This is soooo much better.

M

Massan Otter

What bugs me most is there is no good reason not to fix things. A burning site doesn't generate revenue. It can't be a money thing cause we have people offering to work for free. Everything they need is there. They just have to let us help.

But no. This is soooo much better.

A burning site may not generate revenue, but a closed one can cut losses. I do wonder sometimes if they're just waiting for sufficient justification to pull the plug.