• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

No... Please, no... (serious)

Gushousekai195

Fanatic Artist

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Sounds like you could use another hobby.
You know, as a backup. A plan B.
Maybe something you can combine into the first one?

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
They're maybe cancelled this year man, that's it. I wouldn't get too worked up. I'm part of other groups facing mass cancellations as well, much like everyone else. There's a lot of "welp, try again next year" and understanding venues. It's not like anyone is intentional violating past agreements.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
No other hobby can replace furry.
I never said as a replacement.
An addition.
Find another thing that you can do that other furs can enjoy.
I dunno. Pick up D&D or Pathfinder. There are lots of furry races to play as. Pathfinder even has a race creation system so you can make your own furry race and make sure it stays balanced with the rest of the game.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
You know all things die right? If not being able to share your love of anthro animals with other people hurts you that bad I... I was typing and then I didn't know exactly how to fix this problem. It sucks. But if things do really go down hill that badly, you'll find a way through it.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Furry cons and events will reopen when the pandemic is over. The moment we have a vaccine or a miracle cure, they will be making plans to open them again.
It's not going to be the end of the world.

Yes, we all need social interaction, especially if we've had lots of that before or it helps us cope with something. But honestly, you should find more than just that to rely upon.

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
The fandoms not gonna go anywhere. Pre-fandom people always gathered together whether through MUDS, other videogames, chat rooms and all kinds of things before cons where even a thing.

I imagine you probably don't have many friends or much happening irl and with the on going pandemic at lot of this can be exasperated.

But relax dude, theres always next year. Your friends will still be there, the fandom has grown in mainstream popularity and will continue to grow.

Don't rely on one aspect of your life for all your happiness because not people nor conventions are meant to cater to it. Learn to be okay when things don't go as planned, you'll be a lot stronger for it.

Gushousekai195

Fanatic Artist
Furry cons and events will reopen when the pandemic is over. The moment we have a vaccine or a miracle cure, they will be making plans to open them again.
It's not going to be the end of the world.

Yes, we all need social interaction, especially if we've had lots of that before or it helps us cope with something. But honestly, you should find more than just that to rely upon.

But how close even are we to said vaccine/miracle cure? And will the immunity persist?

Gushousekai195

Fanatic Artist
The fandoms not gonna go anywhere. Pre-fandom people always gathered together whether through MUDS, other videogames, chat rooms and all kinds of things before cons where even a thing.

I imagine you probably don't have many friends or much happening irl and with the on going pandemic at lot of this can be exasperated.

But relax dude, theres always next year. Your friends will still be there, the fandom has grown in mainstream popularity and will continue to grow.

Don't rely on one aspect of your life for all your happiness because not people nor conventions are meant to cater to it. Learn to be okay when things don't go as planned, you'll be a lot stronger for it.

I couldn't possibly be okay with never hugging fursuiters ever again. That's one of the best parts of me being a furry. They're the furry handshake!

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
But how close even are we to said vaccine/miracle cure? And will the immunity persist?
We are getting closer to one every day. Governments are spending millions, if not billions in funding the vaccine. People are working non-stop to work this out.
Yes, the immunity will be present as long as you are vaccinated regularly. But I think only one is needed, considering it can be eradicated with the right efforts, worldwide.
I couldn't possibly be okay with never hugging fursuiters ever again. That's one of the best parts of me being a furry. They're the furry handshake!
Dude, the fandom isn't gonna die. There will be cons in the future. You will get to hug people again.

Dinocanid

About 2021 if we're lucky, or 2022. Fur cons aren't ending forever, just at the moment out of precaution. Wearing fursuits en-masse is not worth killing the attendees

quoting_mungo

Canceling the cons now ensures that those friends and fursuiters will continue to be around for you to meet and hug. If they went ahead, we’d be risking a lot more deaths in the fandom. No epidemic or pandemic lasts forever - even the Plague, back before there was any effective treatment for even bacterial disease, eventually ended.

I know it sucks, and I would probably be a lot deeper in depression if I was isolating alone instead of with boyfriend, myself, but it’s better to protect ourselves and others right now than to reach for immediate gratification. Wash your hands, maintain social distancing, and in general do your part to avoid further spread of the virus.

Faexie

Rara for short :)
The fandom is primarily internet-based and since it creates it's own content it's going to last quite a long time. It's already old as heck and stil shows signs of growing instead of dying.

Maybe some cons have been hurt and would be smaller next time, but that's not death that's recovery

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
It depends on mutation rate. Considering that it has a chance to kill its host, it may mutate a bit slower than other viruses.
If it becomes as volatile as rhinovirus (the common cold), it may never go away.