• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Non Animals

Judge Spear

This may be hard to explain and possibly sound stupid, but bare with me. I'll try.
I don't know what to call them other than Non Animals, but basically anything that is named after an animal, in some explainable way (either in appearance or purpose) resembles such animal, but ISN'T the animal at all.
Living or inanimate. Fiction or non fiction.

Here are some examples.

For something living, what's better than Mr. Solid Snake? He's sneaky, stealthy, and strikes like lightning.

SolidSnake.png

For an inanimate object, the SR-71 Blackbird.

SR-71_BlackBird.jpg

This should be obvious...and sexy. :B

One final example actually. The Scorpion.

500px-2821755-gallery.png

If you understand what I'm getting at post something cool that falls under this. I always like this stuff for some reason. It's interesting how we pull inspiration from animals for a bunch of different things we create.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
It is very common for vehicles, people, and a lot of other things to be named after animals. Animal names often are used to express a trait in the character or object. For instance, the Ford Mustang, since a mustang is a very hardy and strong creature. Or Rocky's nickname- the Italian Stallion.

I really dislike the title "non animals." A better thread title would have been "People and vehicles named after animals"

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
It is very common for vehicles, people, and a lot of other things to be named after animals. Animal names often are used to express a trait in the character or object. For instance, the Ford Mustang, since a mustang is a very hardy and strong creature. Or Rocky's nickname- the Italian Stallion.

I really dislike the title "non animals." A better thread title would have been "People and vehicles named after animals"

Yes, people have long been captivated by animals, enough to name consumer goods, sports teams, and even nickname people after them. Big deal!

SierraCanine

Wolves unite..... oO CHICKEN!!
...For instance, the Ford Mustang...

The Ford Mustang was actually named after the P-51 mustang fighter aircraft... the only reason they went with the pony emblem is because the designers boss didn't like the idea of a plane emblem on a car....

...hate to burst your bubble.... -__-

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Doesn't this sound like one of those trite, cliched sentiments where a Furry says that liking a sports team or a car named after a specific animal means you are secretly a Furry? No, we like watching certain sports played by a team or getting from point A to point B thanks to an automobile whose name just happens to be that of an animal. Please, I've heard that "Furry in denial" argument so many times it makes me want to cry out.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
*Sees Solid Snake*

And my night is made :V

...Pretty much EVERYONE in that series has an animal codename. Ocelot, Wolf, Mantis, Octopus, Weasel, Raven, Duck, and so on and so on...

Lots of planes are named for animals. Tomcat, Eagle, Blackbird, etc.

Gosh darnit, I remember listing off a ton of inanimate objects modeled after animals, in a conversation about a month ago. I can't remember any though, except for pie birds. :\

Gumshoe

Furio "The Tiger" freaking Tigre

eHW8xTn.jpg

Tigre might be his actual last name, but I feel this is acceptable.

Last edited:

Judge Spear

...I'm sorry. I guess?

Doesn't this sound like one of those trite, cliched sentiments where a Furry says that liking a sports team or a car named after a specific animal means you are secretly a Furry? No, we like watching certain sports played by a team or getting from point A to point B thanks to an automobile whose name just happens to be that of an animal. Please, I've heard that "Furry in denial" argument so many times it makes me want to cry out.

Oh my God. What the HELL are you talking about?

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
The Harrier Jump Jet. I would have sex with that plane. Fuck yo' Blackbird.

harrier%20plane.jpg

Mmf. Bet that thing's stacked.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Leopard
Leopard_2_A5_der_Bundeswehr.jpg

Tiger
tiger-tank-23.jpg

Maus
Metro-maus1.jpg

Panther
Panther.jpg