• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Non-Combatant Fursonas

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
I mean, I don't fight others (Unless they kidnap my little brother) I just hunt. That's less combat, more just day-to-day survival. So I can sit on the sidelines and just watch this, I guess.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
Are hugs weapon?
They end many fights with ease, some call them overpowered for that reason, especially if you have the warm fluff to back it up.
90db8cad-0b9d-4e78-9d18-6708c03b6399_screenshot.jpg

Tbh, I only have one character who is seen with a weapon, but he's a bounty hunter so I guess that makes sense; but my Fursona doesn't use weapons or at least he doesn't have weapons associated with him.
Even though Like would prefer to avoid bloodshed, that doesn't mean he won't do it if it's needed; To quote Coach from L4D2, "I'm not a violent man, but I ain't stupid neither!"

Arnak

Off the bench
The only one i got is aika the manokit. Though he carries a spear, its used for fishing only

M

Massan Otter

The only one i got is aika the manokit. Though he carries a spear, its used for fishing only

Obviously as an otter I consider fishing a peaceable activity, at least so long as the fish are just fish!

I

Infrarednexus

I'm a violent and angry sociopath that's on a lot of lists.

My sona however is very gentle most of the time.

ryuukei8569

The Adorable Kurokuri
Well i guess for my main character it depends on his age. As a child, well all he really has is his claws and adorable floof.

As an adult, he is apart of his nations military, and well technically he is not a combat individual when it comes to personal combat. No his weapon tends to be a tad bit bigger than what can be individually wielded, by a lot. Like on the order of millions to hundreds of millions of tons, yeah, because he is the commander to a spaceborne battleship, armed with something like 200+ cm railguns. Which is a tad bit big for personal combat.

Sure he may not be a great gunfighter or sword fighter, but who needs that when you have hundreds of millions of tons of battleship armed with ridiculously enormous space artillery.

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
I've been noticing how many furries are focussed on weapons and fighting styles when making and developing their characters. This might be in art, roleplay, fursuiting props or as part of a reference sheet, but it seems to be important to a lot of furs. It really struck me this weekend when partial suiting at a local comic con that most of the other fursuiters and almost all of the cosplayers were wielding some sort of prop weapon, while I was walking around with a selection of small plush fish! This does at least make for some amusing interactions...
I'm very much of the "let people enjoy things" school of thought, but it does leave me feeling slightly out of sync. I think of my character just living his life most of the time, pottering about and trying to enjoy himself, not going into battle! The most I can imagine him wielding are cartoonish slapstick items like a frying pan. So I'm curious to see how many others are on my wavelength, and if you also feel slightly incongruous at times.
I haven't come across that so much, but then again the only time I've been to comic con was before I knew about furries, and I've never been to a furry con.
But yeah, Kylan is definitely not a fighter. I think about things like fears, hobbies and favourite colours, not weapon of choice! X3
Having said that, I am creating an anthropomorphic character for use in LARP next April, who despite having the class of healer will also have a staff or short sword or something. It was awesome to find "beastkin" on the races list! But LARP is much more fighting based than the fandom so it's kind of unavoidable.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Phew! It's not just me.

I was a bit worried I wasn't doing this right, my 'sona has no powers and works in a small office in local government, and is happy to just potter about leading a normal quiet life. I'll admit he is an excellent shot with a pie, or hosepipe, and you don't want to be on the receiving end of one of his wedgies, but these are employed defensively. I think if I was going to suit as him (oh the dream) he would be carrying my RL accessory, a sketch book.

M

Massan Otter

Phew! It's not just me.

I was a bit worried I wasn't doing this right, my 'sona has no powers and works in a small office in local government, and is happy to just potter about leading a normal quiet life. I'll admit he is an excellent shot with a pie, or hosepipe, and you don't want to be on the receiving end of one of his wedgies, but these are employed defensively. I think if I was going to suit as him (oh the dream) he would be carrying my RL accessory, a sketch book.

Pie throwing in suit would not be entirely unprecedented!

Glossolalia

just happy to be here
I think for a lot of people, anthro characters have associations with fantasy settings, and most of the fantasy settings people are familiar with come from videos games, tabletop games, novels, and movies, where intense conflict is important to drive the story. So it follows that "what class are they?" and "what type of weapon do they use?" are some of the questions that pop into people's heads when creating a character, whether they're part of a fleshed-out fantasy setting or not.

But of course everyone has different associations, which leads to a lot of variety in character types- and a kind of "culture clash" between characters from different worlds. When it comes to fantasy settings, Moominvalley is more my speed. I don't have a fleshed out setting for my characters, but I think I unconsciously imagine most of them in an ambiguous, peaceful, wooded place, maybe with a small city nearby. Weapons or armour would feel very out of place on them.

M

Massan Otter

I think for a lot of people, anthro characters have associations with fantasy settings, and most of the fantasy settings people are familiar with come from videos games, tabletop games, novels, and movies, where intense conflict is important to drive the story. So it follows that "what class are they?" and "what type of weapon do they use?" are some of the questions that pop into people's heads when creating a character, whether they're part of a fleshed-out fantasy setting or not.

But of course everyone has different associations, which leads to a lot of variety in character types- and a kind of "culture clash" between characters from different worlds. When it comes to fantasy settings, Moominvalley is more my speed. I don't have a fleshed out setting for my characters, but I think I unconsciously imagine most of them in an ambiguous, peaceful, wooded place, maybe with a small city nearby. Weapons or armour would feel very out of place on them.

Yep, Massan the way I usually draw him would look fairly natural as an incidental Moomin Valley character! I like the way their world works too, the stories have some real depth to them and are often gently subversive.

D

Deleted member 111470

I based my sona's story on the series Banshee, which is all about violence, so the monkey is good with knives, guns and hand-to-hand combat.

However, now that he is free from that life, he tries to avoid violence as much as he can. All he really wants is to move to a tropical island and open up a beauty saloon with a coffee lounge.

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
I tend to unofficially give my noncombatant fursonas magic as a backup plan, just in case someone tries to drag them into a combat-oriented world. Magic is more my speed, anyways. My main fursonas are just regular people, but my earlier ones are built around a sort of generic fantasy setting.

Anyways, I guess it just depends if you're more into fantasy/game/anime or slice-of-life stuff.

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
My astral dragon, Valerio is more or less a non-combatant. If faced with a threat, he'll use the unique power of his wings to put the would be attacker to sleep

M

Massan Otter

I tend to unofficially give my noncombatant fursonas magic as a backup plan, just in case someone tries to drag them into a combat-oriented world. Magic is more my speed, anyways. My main fursonas are just regular people, but my earlier ones are built around a sort of generic fantasy setting.

Anyways, I guess it just depends if you're more into fantasy/game/anime or slice-of-life stuff.

Massan's more suited to slice-of-life settings, but if he was dropped into a generic fantasy setting he'd be something of a Baggins type character!

_Ivory_

COMMISSIONS OPEN!
Oh yeah i knkw what youre talking about. But i didnt see this happen too often in my end. Some characters can have weapons duw to their backstory or maybe because they are based on an historical or fantasy setting sofor them is a bit more usual to bring certain weapons around. Its true that some characters are just an original copy paste. I happened to see many time the classic fursona dressed like a soldier that is aiming with a sniper rifle or something. It looks really unoriginal in my opinion, no offence to those who have a sona like that of course, i think you are rederring to those ones maybe?