• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

NONE "evil" scalies in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Vulpine

There is a decent PS1 game called "Blazing Dragons" that focuses on dragons as the hero. A young dragon named Flicker hopes to go from peasant to knight in less than 24 hours in order to enter a knights-only tourney to win the hand of the Princess Flame, and become the next King of Camelhot. It was written by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame, so has some odd humor in it.

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
There is a decent PS1 game called "Blazing Dragons" that focuses on dragons as the hero. A young dragon named Flicker hopes to go from peasant to knight in less than 24 hours in order to enter a knights-only tourney to win the hand of the Princess Flame, and become the next King of Camelhot. It was written by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame, so has some odd humor in it.

I can't believe I forgot about that, I finished that for the first time about a month ago. <(>_o)>

It's a point-and-click style adventure. Short in comparison to the likes of Broken Sword, but the weird humour really does make up for it.
Speaking of which, didn't the 3rd Broken Sword have an evil dragon-guy at the end? <(>_o)>

Stratelier

This also makes level grinding very difficult and some enemies kill you in one hit if you don't morph.
Tactics, tactics, it's all about the tactics.... focus on one enemy at a time, store up AP for larger attack combos (try it with all three characters at once -- devastating), abuse elemental weaknesses and anything that inflicts paralyze or immobile statuses (like Nina's trap magics), always strike first on the field as Ryu or Nina (Lin's gun draws too much attention if there's a lot of enemies).

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
Oh hey small "request" to anyone interested, it would be nice if you could provide screenshots if you have any so we can get a look at them too

Gallonigher

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Y'know, I was going to note a game here, but reading through the thread made that desire to slowly weaken until just about it was just about ruined. :/

And I am seriously questioning the motive behind wanting pics of the related when they can easily be searched for, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut about that, because the drama's just not worth it.

Stratelier

Agreed. My proverbial "thirty seconds of fun" in Dragon Rage died five seconds in when I attempted to land on the ground only to see Cael 'slide' across it. Hell, you couldn't even CRASH. WTF kind of flying game does that? Savage Skies was better, even if it was just human clans with mythical flying mounts... at least you could takeoff/land your mount wherever....

X-Play gave that game 1 of 5 on their scale, "a piece of dragon poo" as they called it.

M. Le Renard said:
Exile 2 and 3 have a race of playable lizards called the Slithzerikai, who are somewhat good (though there are evil tribes of them here and there). And the dragons in those games are actually more a neutral stance, as they're just too awesome to even care about humanity.
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.... I do remember liking the free version of Exile 3 a little, especially how all the textures were standard BMPs that you could tweak any way you wanted. I do like how that one city under attack by Slimes visibly takes damage as time progresses (until you solve the Slime quest, of course), I remember the difficulty of the Roach quest (but liking how you set fire to the place and then had to escape while under attack by both more roaches and the spreading flames)

Personally I liked the cat-people myself (probably because of the sprites used) but my overall team strategy was rather limited . . . what was it, three heavy fighters, two mages, and one mix?

I actually tend to hate "create-a-character" RPG's, not just because I can't make an intersting team worth scrap, but because it's nigh-impossible to design lasting, meaningful interactions or plot events between individual player characters and NPC's without some kind of premade 'role' for them to fill in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
Y'know, I was going to note a game here, but reading through the thread made that desire to slowly weaken until just about it was just about ruined. :/

And I am seriously questioning the motive behind wanting pics of the related when they can easily be searched for, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut about that, because the drama's just not worth it.

Well some are hard to find really (like from some more "unkown" or older games, i couldnt find any screens of the "reptilien" race in arkanum for example) and i just ask because i´m interested... i´m not DEMANDING screens it would just be nice to see some

Last edited:

railroad

the damn sexy dragon
i renember something about a game for wii with a dragon as main character....unfortunately there's bad dragons too DX

anyways i dont renember some games because apparently the game designer are a bunch of geeks who loves D&D and have "kill a dragon" in their goals list

sigh....we need dragon lovers ...specially if they are game designers

SFox

This also makes level grinding very difficult and some enemies kill you in one hit if you don't morph.

Grinding should be done by farming bosses for party exp through SOL restore. Doing a SOL restore resets your D-Counter to what it was for the last save you made, but allows you to keep the party exp you gained defeating the boss.

Anyway, you shouldn't even need to grind much in the game except to make money. If you use good strategies you shouldn't have trouble completing the game without excessive transforming.

Stratelier

Grinding should be done by farming bosses for party exp through SOL restore. Doing a SOL restore resets your D-Counter to what it was for the last save you made, but allows you to keep the party exp you gained defeating the boss.

Anyway, you shouldn't even need to grind much in the game except to make money. If you use good strategies you shouldn't have trouble completing the game without excessive transforming.
Just make sure to stash all non-expendable items in storage before going out on an SOL.

And yes, in Dragon Quarter you lived or died (and frequently, both) by your strategies/tactics going into a battle.

Project_X

sigh....we need dragon lovers ...specially if they are game designers

-AHEM!!!-....Purple dragon? Now owned by Sierra Entertainment? SPYRO! XD

But what is this new game? I have a Wii (Am talking with it) and I must know!!! >.<

Kajet

IIRC Year of the Dragon wasn't exactly the best either... seemed to go on too long without any story progression. (or was that enter the dragonfly?)

Project_X

Except that Spyro really hasn't had a good game since Year of the Dragon (well, A Hero's Tale was okay).

That new TLoS is actually fun, considering I'm a guy who loves his fighting games. >.>;

It has that "Arcade-y" feel to it, in my opinion that I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.