• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nostalgia extraordinarie

Suntiger

Remember all those cartoons you watched as a kid?

There's a guy that's collected the intros to them in a series of 10 minute clips of, indeed, nostalgia extraordinarie.

Feast you eyes and ears, or laugh, or cringe, but either way, it's a trip down memory lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46jF-OnHQTE

(Thundercats is in part 2, though there are others that should appeal to everyone who likes anthros.
There's also a 70's series and a 90's series by the same guy.)

Btw, does anyone know if the fraggles were done by the same guys who did the muppets?

Edit: Maybe this should have been in the tube section. Mods, feel free to move it if it's wrong.

Last edited:

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Btw, does anyone know if the fraggles were done by the same guys who did the muppets?

Yep - done by Jim Henson studios, I believe. They're supposedly in talks to make a movie based on them. Presumably a kids movie... unless they totally reimage them and have Mokey turn into some angst-filled vigilante, hunting down everyone with zero remorse. ;P

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
I can see why a lot of them got cancled so quickly.

Suntiger

Dear gods, there was a Chuck Norris animated series?! :lol:

You know, quite a lot of them featured anthro characters. I hadn't really thought about that before.
Thundercats, Willy Fog, Chip n' Dale, Kissyfur (yes, that really is the name!), Willy Fog, Carebears (Sugar overload!), Duckula, Turtles, Dungeons and Dragon (albeit not the main characters)...

And, they have both the Ghostbusters intros. :D

Do the Silverhawks count as anthros or humans in powered armor? I'm not familiar with the series so I don't know if it's armor or a part of their bodies.

Last edited:

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator

You know, quite a lot of them featured anthro characters. I hadn't really thought about that before.
Thundercats, Willy Fog, Chip n' Dale, Kissyfur (yes, that really is the name!), Willy Fog, Carebears (Sugar overload!), Duckula...

Yes... there was a Chuck Norris series. And it was so bad, it made Chuck Norris cry. And Chuck Norris doesn't cry.

Yep - the 70's, 80's and 90's brought a ton of anthro characters to TV. As a kid, they were what helped broaden my furry attractions. And the original Ghostbusters was a great cartoon, not to mention it (and of course the movie) had some kick ass sound effects:

http://www.hprops.com/sounds/

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Thundercats, Willy Fog, Chip n' Dale, Kissyfur (yes, that really is the name!), Willy Fog, Carebears (Sugar overload!), Duckula, Turtles, Dungeons and Dragon (albeit not the main characters)...

Do the Silverhawks count as anthros or humans in powered armor? I'm not familiar with the series so I don't know if it's armor or a part of their bodies.

Yeah they ran Chuck Norris series last year at 6 AM after adult swim ended. That was some funny shit.

Suntiger

And a Hulk Hogan animated series too?!
Maybe it's good to live in a country that doesn't get all the US shows after all... :p

Oh, and was Biker Mice from Mars from th 80's or 90's?

Btw, does anyone know if they made an animated series of Little Nemo?
I know they made a computer or console game.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Oh, and was Biker Mice from Mars from th 80's or 90's?

Pretty sure it was early 90's.
Btw, does anyone know if they made an animated series of Little Nemo?
I know they made a computer or console game.

Not that I know of, but the game was actually based on an animated movie.

Suntiger

Thanks for that link, slashersivi!

The original link was actually to just enjoy the ol' intros, while Nostalgia Critic more rips them apart. But he does it in such a funny way that it's hilarious anyway (just check his review of the Pokemon film). :D

Also, he even mentions the thing about these intros in the 'Top 11 Catchiest Theme Songs' clip; they often show more action and better animation that the actual show itself. :p

'That guy in suede' mentions the same thing when he reviews the 'Top 11 Anime Openings'.
Oh and after seeing the intro to Cowboy Bebop I agree with him. It's the bloody definition of 'cool'.

Jack

I'm not old enough to know most of those, but there was three or four I remember.

Le_Démon_Sans_Visage

evolution's cruelest joke
Damn, now I feel the urge to eat a bowl of Booberry cereal, torment my little sisters, and go ride around the neighborhood on a Big Wheels.