• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Not sure if this is against the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Range

Round D O G E
Ok, so someone I'm watching has recently started to upload his art, but as a thumbnail, and if watchers want to see the full thing, they need to pay him $5. I don't see anything specific to this about it in what I looked for in the rules, but this seems like something that would be shady enough to be frowned upon...

kayfox

If they made it themselves, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Artists need to be compensated for their time, y'know.

Range

Round D O G E
It seems a lot like some sort of microtransaction sort of bullshit... and it's not like a portfolio or anything, it's just a single piece of art. Just seems kinda shady...

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
ITT OP doesn't want to pay for his furry buttz

Yeah it's not exactly palatable to do something like this, but if the artist is popular enough to get away with it, then all the more power to them.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Ok, so someone I'm watching has recently started to upload his art, but as a thumbnail, and if watchers want to see the full thing, they need to pay him $5. I don't see anything specific to this about it in what I looked for in the rules, but this seems like something that would be shady enough to be frowned upon...
Sorry its not, that person wishes to do that, they can. Specially since it doesnt really stop one person buying and sharing it for free for everyone else :V

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Nah, if someone is gonna charge $5 to view a full image, there are plenty of other artists that post their artwork for free, just one less person to give a fuck about.
then this is a waste of a thread then cause you actually gave a fuck to find out if it was against the rules to use it against that artist :V

Kesteh

Twenty
The only thing against the rules is parking FA names until you get paid.
Enticing users to pay to see high res/full scans of your art is a manner of business, albeit a little stupid.

This is the internet and a single buy can turn into a thousand shares, artist stomps feet, cuts users off, (optional step) artist realizes that they can't stop piracy from happening and continues to make money via commissions or paysite deal.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Since the OP's question has been answered I am going to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.