• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Not sure what to do for Day's Chest Marking.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
I just want to know what I should to for the paw marking on Day's Right breast:

1. Cut the paw's shape out of the Black fur and sew the Blue fur to the back of the Black fur or
2. Cut the paw's shape out of the Blue fur and sew the Blue fur to the Top of the Black fur.

Please, if anyone can respond and tell me which way is better, Thanks.

Dokid

I just want to know what I should to for the paw marking on Day's Right breast:

1. Cut the paw's shape out of the Black fur and sew the Blue fur to the back of the Black fur or
2. Cut the paw's shape out of the Blue fur and sew the Blue fur to the Top of the Black fur.

Please, if anyone can respond and tell me which way is better, Thanks.

Please don't be a cheat and sew one fur over another. Actually cut out the shape within the fur and then sew them together. It makes for a much more even surface and will look better.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
OK... so neither, thanks, man. *looks up how to sew two pieces of fur together*

Dokid

OK... so neither, thanks, man. *looks up how to sew two pieces of fur together*

Okay so what you do to sew it in. You cut the shape right? Then you cut out space for that shape. Roughly the same size but a bit smaller. Then you sew the edges together and TADA. Amazing wonderful happy fun times.

Trust me. You'll like the results a lot better than if you piled it on.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Ok, thx, I would have spent hours looking up how to sew fabrics together.

Dokid

Ok, thx, I would have spent hours looking up how to sew fabrics together.

It's actually a really basic skill that everyone who is learning to sew should know. :/

Sewing is an art form within itself and I think everyone should learn it to some degree. It's pretty useful too.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Yeah, I know that I still have quite a bit to learn, I was never taught in school (not even in FACS class), right now I'm just picking up stuff as I go along.