• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

NSFW Discord -- fall into The Yiff Pit

Synomance

Musical Wolf
They are kicking everyone who can not or do not want to prove their legal age (by sending them photo of your Date of Birth), protecting themselves from possible underage people. Pretty... contested decision, but server administrations has their rights to do whatever they want.
Actually there were a couple of announces like two or three before, so if you somehow missed them, then you simply were removed from the server.
Is there a way i can contact the staff there?

Diana Hollyfur

In tenderness we trust.

. Mate397

Banned
Banned
They are kicking everyone who can not or do not want to prove their legal age (by sending them photo of your Date of Birth), protecting themselves from possible underage people. Pretty... contested decision, but server administrations has their rights to do whatever they want.
Actually there were a couple of announces like two or three before, so if you somehow missed them, then you simply were removed from the server.
I literally proved it yesterday and the staff member even said I'm verified, yet I was removed WTF.

Diana Hollyfur

In tenderness we trust.
Well, after speaking with some people I know from there - yes, server was deleted by its owner. Some people have intentions to rebuild it, but I have no idea will they do it, when and will be that public server. If yes - then you may see the announce on the forum, so stay tuned.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Once you've created a discord server, if you fail to make people prove their ages before they're invited, then you have an environment where adults can identify children who wanted to access NSFW content.
Which has some very serious implications, and I don't think discord has really thought through how they're going to prevent their platform being used for grooming like that.

Diana Hollyfur

In tenderness we trust.
Once you've created a discord server, if you fail to make people prove their ages before they're invited, then you have an environment where adults can identify children who wanted to access NSFW content.
Which has some very serious implications, and I don't think discord has really thought through how they're going to prevent their platform being used for grooming like that.

Deletion of this server was unrelated with age verification and there were no any problems in that field as far as I know.

Fallowfox

Deletion of this server was unrelated with age verification and there were no any problems in that field as far as I know.

Well, you wouldn't be able to know- which is one of discord's problems. Adults could use NSFW discord servers to identify children who will be receptive to grooming for example, and because this would be happening in private, the server admins wouldn't know about it.

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
This has been an interesting read...

Usually as a server owner/admin there is little to nothing you can do.
Since most grooming is done in private and the children NEVER say anything about it.

In discord's defense, I don't think there's much they can do unless they decide to take away out privacy and monitor chats, since they did ideally have it set up to be 13 or older in their ToS.
Children don't seem to be at all calling out this issue, and if THEY don't call it out, then WE won't know it's happening or by who.

I am not shifting blames, everyone gets a fair share of blame, but there is so much one can do without reaching a point of sacrificing everyone's security.

Does thou happen to know what happened, out of curiosity... My lurking demands to know that I come out of it.

I dont know what happened. Was it deleted or did they mass kick people?
Based on what Diana said, it was a deletion of the server.
I'm curious if it'll come back, mainly because although I was not apart of it, I'm just here for the show.

Fallowfox

This has been an interesting read...

Usually as a server owner/admin there is little to nothing you can do.
Since most grooming is done in private and the children NEVER say anything about it.

In discord's defense, I don't think there's much they can do unless they decide to take away out privacy and monitor chats, since they did ideally have it set up to be 13 or older in their ToS.
Children don't seem to be at all calling out this issue, and if THEY don't call it out, then WE won't know it's happening or by who.

I am not shifting blames, everyone gets a fair share of blame, but there is so much one can do without reaching a point of sacrificing everyone's security.

Does thou happen to know what happened, out of curiosity... My lurking demands to know that I come out of it.

Based on what Diana said, it was a deletion of the server.
I'm curious if it'll come back, mainly because although I was not apart of it, I'm just here for the show.

On discord there isn't an automatic option to report users to the staff; you have to...
-go into your settings
-enable the developer mode so that you can see serial codes
-copy and paste 4 different serial codes
-send those serial codes to discord staff in an email.

I think Discord deliberately makes it hard to send reports, because they're too lazy to deal with them. If they made their report system easier to use- easy enough so that a 13 year old would actually be able to use it- they might have a better chance of finding bad actors on their platform.

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
On discord there isn't an automatic option to report users to the staff; you have to...
-go into your settings
-enable the developer mode so that you can see serial codes
-copy and paste 4 different serial codes
-send those serial codes to discord staff in an email.

I think Discord deliberately makes it hard to send reports, because they're too lazy to deal with them. If they made their report system easier to use- easy enough so that a 13 year old would actually be able to use it- they might have a better chance of finding bad actors on their platform.
I meant that them report it as in report it to the admin/mods of the server.
Because I'm sure they should've been taught "If someone does anything you don't want to do, tell an adult you trust" or someone you can trust, which would be an admin/mod, unless THEY are the ones then that would be a problem.

But yes, I do not get why Discord makes it so stupidly hard to report, especially since my suggestion would only get them banned/kicked from the server, not banned from the platform itself.

Fallowfox

I meant that them report it as in report it to the admin/mods of the server.
Because I'm sure they should've been taught "If someone does anything you don't want to do, tell an adult you trust" or someone you can trust, which would be an admin/mod, unless THEY are the ones then that would be a problem.

But yes, I do not get why Discord makes it so stupidly hard to report, especially since my suggestion would only get them banned/kicked from the server, not banned from the platform itself.

On that subject, an old forum I used to use had a 21 year old admin who 'dated' a 13 year old girl over the internet and made her a moderator so that she could delete any posts from people telling her that it wasn't acceptable.

Khuineko

oooh! Pretty kitty o_o
Come and stay awhile. Or stay awhile and.... ;)

We are a fully NSFW server (18+ only) focused on fun and helping you explore your wildest furry fantasy. Our experienced and vigilant admins and moderators insure a comfortable, intimate setting. Offering dozens of short- and long-term roleplay channels, art (of course!) and a special, "Extreme" section for those seeking to explore the darkest edges of their fantasy.

Reply for a link! We look forward to greeting you at the castle gate.
óÓÒò

What's the worst that could happen :3

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
I have never thought I would strafe here again but if I'm here.

I was a veteran of the Yiff Pit since September 2018. I have left it around a month ago.

I have joined the server when it was unorganised but nice mess, I left the server when it turned into unorganised circlejerk. Few mods were even discriminating me on every occasion. Posting rp ads is also pointless, I have never found a single rp partner this way over there.

So if you are looking for an e/rp server?
Just take anything else.

Vexovoid

Ave, true to Caesar!
Ave!

It would appear that this hive of filth has collapsed under the weight of its own degeneracy, as such i shall not have to ask for a link in order to...uh, ascertain whether the denizens of this "yiff pit" were fit to be assimilated into the ranks of the Legion.

<_<

>_>

Patrick7767

Come and stay awhile. Or stay awhile and.... ;)

We are a fully NSFW server (18+ only) focused on fun and helping you explore your wildest furry fantasy. Our experienced and vigilant admins and moderators insure a comfortable, intimate setting. Offering dozens of short- and long-term roleplay channels, art (of course!) and a special, "Extreme" section for those seeking to explore the darkest edges of their fantasy.

Reply for a link! We look forward to greeting you at the castle gate.
óÓÒò

Id really like a link....
Can't wait to see..