• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Nuke Submissions kills pending ones as well

methodia_rascal

Thought it might be doing this, so tested it out.

You have the notification saying there's 10 submissions. Click and see the submissions, then open a new tab and refresh until the submissions count goes up. If you then hit nuke, it not only gets rid of the 10 you could see, but also the extra ones that would show up if refreshed.

I don't know what your DB looks like, but by the look of things, however you store notifications, it straight up removes everything from your queue instead of just the array on the current page. The site has functionality to delete only certain notifications, so why does nuke kill everything instead of being selective.

Same goes for when you have multiple pages of submissions. The assumption from a UI perspective is that Nuke would remove every item currently visible, not everything.

My suggestion is having a Nuke Page and Nuke All button. Retain current functionality and allow expected behaviour for the current Nuke button.

Stratelier

By design the "Nuke" button is meant to dismiss all notifications (either globally or just of a specified type) as quickly and ruthless-efficiently as possible.

The problem is the result of latency between when you checked your notifications page (i.e. when they were last queried, since the page doesn't maintain an active database ping for dynamic page updates) and when you fired the nuke, and any notifications that may have been newly generated in the meantime. BUT! Note that if you're using tabbed browsing to review notifications individually (i.e. keeping the original Notifications page loaded on another tab for an extended period of time) then this is actually super easy to reproduce, depending on your typical volume of notifications. (Personally I don't use the Nuke button, I just "Select All" and then "Remove Selected".)

Surprisingly, this would actually be very simple to implement -- every notification already has its own timestamp, so all the Nuke button needs to do is "delete all user notifications older than (timestamp of when notifications page was loaded)".

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
It's a nuke.

Nukes are dangerous.

As Stratlier says, the nuke button doesn't remove all visible notifications, but ALL notifications.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
Thought it might be doing this, so tested it out.

You have the notification saying there's 10 submissions. Click and see the submissions, then open a new tab and refresh until the submissions count goes up. If you then hit nuke, it not only gets rid of the 10 you could see, but also the extra ones that would show up if refreshed.

I don't know what your DB looks like, but by the look of things, however you store notifications, it straight up removes everything from your queue instead of just the array on the current page. The site has functionality to delete only certain notifications, so why does nuke kill everything instead of being selective.

Same goes for when you have multiple pages of submissions. The assumption from a UI perspective is that Nuke would remove every item currently visible, not everything.

My suggestion is having a Nuke Page and Nuke All button. Retain current functionality and allow expected behaviour for the current Nuke button.
There is a "select all" function that selects everything on a certain page...
If you just want to clear submissions on one page, just do that.