• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

OC tournaments

Kaira

Just wondering, have you guys ever heard of an OC tournament before?

As in, "original character tournaments". They can be pretty fun you know.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
I feel as though this should be in either off topic or the den.

Elaborate more on the original topic.

Kaira

They kinda are art related.

They're usually those things where you make a character that fits a theme, then you often have to do something against another competitor, usually in comic or story form.

sushy

Gundam Meister
Yeah I have been in a few fanart-related OC tournaments (for Pokemon and Digimon) on deviantART.
They are fun but a lot of work. ^^
Mostly it are comics, but it doesnt have to be that way. You could also use illustrations, animations or written entries.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
I don't think I've ever seen one! Sounds sort of interesting but a bit difficult. How do the individual 'competitions' work? Do you agree on what happens and illustrate it? or...?

Kaira

I don't think I've ever seen one! Sounds sort of interesting but a bit difficult. How do the individual 'competitions' work? Do you agree on what happens and illustrate it? or...?

Usually in the ones that involve one person against another, you both make versions of the same encounter, and the winner's becomes canon or something. It depends on the format though.

sushy

Gundam Meister
Well, usuallly there is something like a judge or a group of judges. They basically set up the whole thing. First they open up auditions so that people can go create their character and send it to them. They select an amount of like 32 or 64 people and the tournament starts.
The battles are usually 1 versus 1. After a while the judges decide winners and the amount of competitors decreases (so if there were 64 people at start, only 32 continue to round 2). This continues until there is only one left, the winner. :3

I think it would be very cool to have some anthro/furry tournament :D

Kaira

Well, usuallly there is something like a judge or a group of judges. They basically set up the whole thing. First they open up auditions so that people can go create their character and send it to them. They select an amount of like 32 or 64 people and the tournament starts.
The battles are usually 1 versus 1. After a while the judges decide winners and the amount of competitors decreases (so if there were 64 people at start, only 32 continue to round 2). This continues until there is only one left, the winner. :3

I think it would be very cool to have some anthro/furry tournament :D

The one I'm organizing on dA kinda inverts how the rounds work, just slightly, since I kinda find the basic "template" most of these tournaments run on to be a little cliche now. Mainly, I require tag-teaming, rounds do not involve combat against another contestant, and progression is score based.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I've heard about these, I used to want to join VOID but got lazy on my intro comic.

Ninaiso

A Mix of Many
Oh I love OCTs! They are so fun~ I'm in one right now, it's about dragons.