• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Official Contest: The Silver Screen

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
[align=center][size=x-large]Lights! Cameras! HAIRBALLS![/size][/align]Since the dawn of time and the advent of fire, mankind has dreamt of fame, fortune and stretch limousines. The glamour of Hollywood was powerful enough to draw early man to create the wheel and further the progress of invention to lead up into the Age of the Silver Screen.

ENTER THE MOVIES!

Illustrate your character(s) in the style of cinematic papery masterpieces! The film posters! Your luxurious, silk-lined contest entry must be styled after the movie posters of advertising fame, complete with necessary kitsch tagline! With over a hundred year of cinema to pick and choose, there's a near limitless amount of reference to pick and choose.

So let your imagination loose, summon the soul of Spielberg and let the art begin. Onward to the art, in the name of fun and bite-sized grillable sausages!

THE SWAG:
The Grand Poopah:
1x - $200 fat loot.

Runner-Up Prizes:
4x - $60 cash prizes of filthy lucre.

THE DRAG:
Rules, baby. It's all about the rules, and it's our job to lay some rules-legal smackdown on you. Images may not contain exceed Mature Rating. This means that your entry may contain: violence, language, explosions... oh god, the explosions! Entries may not contain: sexual nudity.

Entries must be submitted by SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2006. All entries must be posted to a valid www.furaffinity.net account (so don't get banned!). Accounts must be in good standing at time of closure. There is no limit to the amount of entries you can make, so spam us down, baby!.

Please post your entries to the contest in the official entry thread.

All art submitted to the contest must be a new creation. Any previously uploaded or drawn artwork will be disqualified. Do NOT submit older images which have previously been posted here or on other sites (we will check, and if found, if verified we will disqualify you!).

Submissions which do not abide by the above rules will be automatically disqualified and set on fire. This contest is open to any artist on FA (administration excluded). Prizes will be paid by U.S Money Order, Paypal or Xoom only.

THE COUNCIL:
Judging will be performed by the Fur Affinity administration. All entries will be judged on creativity and effort as opposed to purely skill. Additional judges may be added over time.

Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
  • How much effort did the artist put effort into the image?
  • What did the artist do to make their entry stand out from the rest?
  • How much personality was the artist able to input into their image?
  • Does the entry look like a movie poster?
This contest is sponsored by the Dragoneer on behalf of FA.

Alexen

Ice-Dark Master
RE: Contest - Summer 2K6 - The Silver Screen

violence, language, explosions? REALLY? uh oh :(

aprokto_agamo

lemme check if i understand, yo mean to any pic type like a poster of a movie like "star wars", imaginative?, for general viewers? with no sexual content?, my character have a big busissness 8) but that no mean that be a perv, apart, my character is a feral, but what is the thm of the pic?

BingFox

The Bingmeister!

Does it have to be taken off of an already existing movie poster, or does it have to be a totally original made up movie?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator

BingFox said:
Does it have to be taken off of an already existing movie poster, or does it have to be a totally original made up movie?
It just has to be in the style of film posters. :) It can be a parody or something all new.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator

I think it's the theme is what is important, not the sources. :)

Just think of what's allowed in general public movies and what's not - and you'll ge the idea.

BingFox

The Bingmeister!
RE:   Contest - Summer 2K6 - The Silver Screen

Dragoneer said:
It just has to be in the style of film posters. :) It can be a parody or something all new.

ah, okay, I got ya

RE: FA Contest: The Silver Screen

sorry but i'm gonna sit this one out. but one "?" where the heck are you getting all your money dragoneer? what kind of day job do you have? i mean two contests with cash prizes at the same time thas crazy, but incredibly cool at the same time! man i wish i got paid like you!!

BingFox

The Bingmeister!

blackdragoon said:
sorry but i'm gonna sit this one out. but one "?" where the heck are you getting all your money dragoneer? what kind of day job do you have? i mean two contests with cash prizes at the same time thas crazy, but incredibly cool at the same time! man i wish i got paid like you!!
I think everyone is thinking that same question, me included, lol.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator

BingFox said:
blackdragoon said:
College Degree + High Paying Job + $0 Debt + $300 in Total Bills a Month.

Crunch the numbers. =)

Well, $300 not including FA, so...

damn!!!!!!!!!! thas great man no wonder your able to keep the site up and running without charging people. my bills are just under $900.00 a month. thas why i don't donate to the site as i only get paid about $1050.00 a month and i need the extra money to save up for a new computer. hence the fact that i'm entering that vanity contest of yours. but after i get a new comp. i will probably start donating to FA right away. cuz i like it here, i spend roughly 5-8 hrs on here every day. this is like the only site i visit anymore thas how great it is. i still go to newgrounds.com from time to time but mostly here.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator

blackdragoon said:
i will probably start donating to FA right away. cuz i like it here, i spend roughly 5-8 hrs on here every day.
The benefit of donations to FA is that I use that money to pay for the server hosting, which frees up more money for us to purchase upgrades, increase service and find ways to return that money to the community.

Right now, I've got some parts on order for our RPC Server, a remote backup server that will synchronize data with FA on on a nightly basis. The benefit of this is that if, for some reason, FA's primary server died we'd have a perfect archive of everything on it on our remote backup.

All we'd need to do is get a new hard drive and fix the main box (meaning: little to no downtime in case of an emergency).

Dragoneer said:
blackdragoon said:
i will probably start donating to FA right away. cuz i like it here, i spend roughly 5-8 hrs on here every day.
The benefit of donations to FA is that I use that money to pay for the server hosting, which frees up more money for us to purchase upgrades, increase service and find ways to return that money to the community.

Right now, I've got some parts on order for our RPC Server, a remote backup server that will synchronize data with FA on on a nightly basis. The benefit of this is that if, for some reason, FA's primary server died we'd have a perfect archive of everything on it on our remote backup.

All we'd need to do is get a new hard drive and fix the main box (meaning: little to no downtime in case of an emergency).

as stated dragoneer i will donate after replacing my comp. and getting poser10 atleast. but off that subject i have "?" in regards to the contest's that are going on now. i was wondering if it would be ok to use my entry for your vanity contest in the pirate contest? or is there a rule against that? i only ask cuz my comp. crashed last night and i lost everything i had towards both contests and now must start over from scratch.

Suulsa-Krii

I'm a tentative in.

Suule

Question... Can instead of my character I can put my real self there?

RioGirl

Dragoneer said:
BingFox said:
blackdragoon said:
College Degree + High Paying Job + $0 Debt + $300 in Total Bills a Month.

Crunch the numbers. =)

Well, $300 not including FA, so...

Very nice, and loads of snuggles for you for doing so much outta your own pocket! I cannot WAIT to see the submissions!!! These are going to be FUN! :)

htw

Hey, Mr. Dragoneer... On my entry there isn't a "cheesy chatchphrase", is that ok? It's in the contest description, but not specifically a rule. It's a retro style poster, the ones I used to reference for it didn't have a catchphrase. Ok, just wanted to ask.