• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

MisterKittens

At the risk of prolonging this pointlessly:

If the new system will allow permanent blocking per user for unwanted content, then much yays and dancing. ^-^

If not, it should be trivial to modify the queries to the database unless the site backend is coded in assembler, commented in swahili and no write-access is granted to the coders. If you have a field denoting general/mature/adult, even if you decided to go binary you have one more choice. Said query could then be handled as before, except content marked blood/gore will be checked against the user setting as well.

Again, if the new system is going to let the settings get stored then much yaying and end of my begging for not having horror pushed into my eyes. ^-^

RestrainedRaptor

Helpless for you
MisterKittens said:
...If not, it should be trivial to modify the queries to the database unless the site backend is coded in assembler, commented in swahili and no write-access is granted to the coders. If you have a field denoting general/mature/adult, even if you decided to go binary you have one more choice. Said query could then be handled as before, except content marked blood/gore will be checked against the user setting as well...

As said, it'll be done through categories and tags like character species, genders, and subject of piece e.g. vore...

And only as good as the user's input unfortunately.

Icarus

No time like the present.
What about a "Help Forum" aside from "General Chat?"
That way if someone wants some real help IRL with say, emotional problems or serious problems they could get it there and avoid the comments from people that could give a damn.

yak said:
Rhainor said:
yak said:
Usually people use the "WWW" link for that, which is along side the "email" and "PM" one in the bottom of your every post. I believe this it's called the "personal website" in the User CP.

I think Orlith's talking about having a link from the Forums back to the Main Site's front page, since there's already a link from the main site to the front page of the Forums.

Orlith Nemeth said:
Yes exactly...also I don't personally have a WWW link to click, but a link to the front page of the main page wouldjust make things...more conveinient

Ah, i see.
Well there's no problem in editing a few templates. Alright, done - it's over there, by the "Search" button. I couldn't find a better place to put it.

[edit]
Decided that adding a shortcut to your FA userpage along side the main site link could be considered useful as well.

thats awsome ^.=.^ many hugs to you! thanks!

How about being able to submit something and put it under multiple themes?

For instance, I have a macro mewtwo pic... I'd like macrophiles and pokemon-lovers to both view this picture... But I can't because I can only choose from one.. (I decided to pick macro, because that has a wider audience :) )

Rhainor

Rawr.
WhiteNeko said:

For instance, I have a macro mewtwo pic... I'd like macrophiles and pokemon-lovers to both view this picture... But I can't because I can only choose from one.. (I decided to pick macro, because that has a wider audience :) )

Add some custom tags to the submission, that's what they're there for.

Rhainor said:
WhiteNeko said:

Add some custom tags to the submission, that's what they're there for.

lol what is the point in tags when there aint no search bar to use them in?

Rhainor

Rawr.
By the same token, what's the point of the species list, when there's no search function to use that in?

The species list is, in essence, a list of pre-defined tags. Aside from how you apply them and where they appear on the submission page, they're no different from the custom tags; and, seeing as how the species list will be removed with the Ferrox update, you might as well start getting used to the user-applied tags now.

Rhainor said:
By the same token, what's the point of the species list, when there's no search function to use that in?

The species list is, in essence, a list of pre-defined tags. Aside from how you apply them and where they appear on the submission page, they're no different from the custom tags; and, seeing as how the species list will be removed with the Ferrox update, you might as well start getting used to the user-applied tags now.

But the species list is useful because people can specify certain parameters when they browse...

I assume you mean "tags" as in keywords that are picked up out of the database of submissions when people search for them using the searchbar which doesnt exist no more.... :(

That search bar was mighty useful... But I wont ask about it, since I bet you guys have been asked a million times already..

Rhainor

Rawr.
WhiteNeko said:
But the species list is useful because people can specify certain parameters when they browse...

Except that, IIRC, the browse filters aren't currently operational.

I've got my filters set to exclude rabbits and fat/inflation art. It still shows up.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
Rhainor said:
WhiteNeko said:

Except that, IIRC, the browse filters aren't currently operational.

I've got my filters set to exclude rabbits and fat/inflation art.  It still shows up.

If one looks on the control panel now, the browse filter button has been removed from it. They're not coming back in this incarnation of Furaffinity.

kantir

I suggest Date information for comments, favorites, watches and journals.
For neat freaks like me, it would defeat the hassle of sorting out what data is new and old... also it makes for fun screenshots when you particularly enjoy a person's attention.

AllenR

Although it's already been said probably a few times, I'm going to say it again.

<b>Basic HTML support for comments and journals.</b>

BBCode to me is ass and I hate using it. Being a web coder I type my pissy rants lot faster using basic HTML codes instead of BBCode.

codewolf

RBW Con Staff
AllenR said:
BBCode to me is ass and I hate using it. Being a web coder I type my pissy rants lot faster using basic HTML codes instead of BBCode.

i know the angle that you are coming from, but being a web coder you should also understand that if users were allowed access to html they could damage the layout of the site using those comments and journals.

AllenR

codewolf said:
AllenR said:

i know the angle that you are coming from, but being a web coder you should also understand that if users were allowed access to html they could damage the layout of the site using those comments and journals.

Actually to be honest, I'm not exactly in the line of real coders who work with PHP, MySQL and all that. I just work with with the basics of html and css. But I don't really see how just using basic tags could really break a layout of a page. Though as far as basic tags, all I'm really looking at is just bold, italic and underline tags. Nothing more than that really.

Then again, if we're on the same level of basic tag thoughts and it still could break a layout, then it's something I could deal with as I never really use it that much.

hajime

I'd really like to see more content warnings for things that sicken a lot of people. (Like, warnings within the adult rating...?)
For example, my particuar problem is with animal penis. It's a bit difficult to avoid it currently.

Also, i find the species list just annoying. Nothing i draw is ever on it. And you can't simple click "avian" for example. Can't it be typable? I bet somone's complained about this before though.

Sym

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/141063/#cid:986331

If you make a submission, it should notify you any time a person posts a comment to it, regardless whom it is a reply to.

On that note, if someone replies to a reply to your message, I think it should also tell you.

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but I would also like to see multiple submission categories for Browse i.e. if a pic contains more than one species or fetish.

Kiani

Hi I have some questions and suggestions.

1. Where is the Gore fetish topic? Me and several others believe this should be added to the fetish list. Gore (Tame) and Gore(Adult)

2. On shout pages there are the code tabs for say "URL" or "IMG" but when I try to use them they don't work =( I made an image that says "thanks for the watch" but I can't post it on anyones shout page...

see I can get it to work on here but it won't work on shoutpages or comment boxes...

Thanks guys. You have a great site =)

my gallery is Kiani if you would like to see where I am trying to post this image...

T

TakeWalker

Another small bit I noticed (I only mention these things because I assume all the really important stuff has been said already). After viewing my notices and returning to them later via the "XN" notification at the top of the page, my default *box view was of the deleted items. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to default the view to the inbox, at least when checking messages via the notification.

addik

how about sorting new submissions by species or keyword? perhaps the ability to switch this on/off?

T

TakeWalker

I really hope this goes here... Uncia quoted this in another thread, and something caught my attention.

http://www.furaffinity.net/lm/aup/
* You must have permission of the original artist to repost their work, with permission stated in each image description. Failure to obtain permission will result in the Submission being removed. Multiple requests for removal by artists citing lack of permission to post will result in action being taken against your account.
* Full disclosure must be given in each image description that the image was not created by you.
* Credit must be given to the original artist on the first line of the Submission’s description, and must be written in the following format:
“ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY [INSERT ARTIST NAME]”

If the user is a member of FA, the :iconusername: function is highly suggested to link to their account. For example, if you are linking to Fender, you would enter :iconfender:

I can see the third bullet point in the above text box being a slight sticking point. <.< It sounds like it absolutely has to be "ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY". To placate the rules lawyers, a change might be in order, to make the phrase more along the lines of making the line I quoted an example. After all, it's more important to make certain credit is given where credit is due, than to worry about the precise wording of how they do it, yes? Again, I'm just bringing this up before someone starts making a hairy deal out of it. You know those people are out there!

IanKeith

I'm Not Regret
A marginally amusing suggestion:

Added artist type:

"Bad artist"

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
TakeWalker said:
I really hope this goes here... Uncia quoted this in another thread, and something caught my attention.

http://www.furaffinity.net/lm/aup/
* You must have permission of the original artist to repost their work, with permission stated in each image description. Failure to obtain permission will result in the Submission being removed. Multiple requests for removal by artists citing lack of permission to post will result in action being taken against your account.
* Full disclosure must be given in each image description that the image was not created by you.
* Credit must be given to the original artist on the first line of the Submission’s description, and must be written in the following format:

If the user is a member of FA, the :iconusername: function is highly suggested to link to their account. For example, if you are linking to Fender, you would enter :iconfender:

I can see the third bullet point in the above text box being a slight sticking point. <.< It sounds like it absolutely has to be "ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY". To placate the rules lawyers, a change might be in order, to make the phrase more along the lines of making the line I quoted an example. After all, it's more important to make certain credit is given where credit is due, than to worry about the precise wording of how they do it, yes? Again, I'm just bringing this up before someone starts making a hairy deal out of it. You know those people are out there!
Thank you, AUP modified.

Old AUP wording said:
New AUP wording said:
* Credit must be given to the original artist on the first line of the Submission’s description, and must be written in the format similar to this one:

coffinberry

IanKeith said:
A marginally amusing suggestion:

Added artist type:

"Bad artist"

Haha I love that.

I would personally love to see a gore/blood fetish category. I'm sure there's enough interest in it to warrant such category, yus?