• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

lynxie

FA needs more tabs for music submissions. Some musts to add are "electronica" "comedy" and "remixes" . 90% of the time I don't have the appropriate tabs for my music. If I had a dime for all the times I've been looking for original music and found remixes I'd be rich. I've seen a lot of people including my self posting comedy or parody music tracks and not have a proper tab for them.

I got it! Possibly do that which is conducted on FurNation adn AnthroLabs- make a shout box? possibly, i thought it might work.

Artie

How about an optional account setting for your location in the form of a zip/postal code, or latitude/longitude, that can then be used to see which other users are located close to you? Not necessarily showing any exact location information, which would be stored privately, but perhaps displayed to other users as something like X miles/km away. Maybe displaying a city at most on the user's page. Which would add something of an IFPL functionality to FA. I know I'd find this useful just to see who all is near me, and it would of course be an optional thing that people would have to opt into so no one's privacy is in danger. :)

DA already has something like this, but my main gripe with it is that it only seems to show you a list of who is "near" you, without any indication of how near "near" is for each user. A list sorted by distance would be nice.

Kitoth

Ok with there being 29 pages someone most likely has already suggested these as well(plus new to the forum as you can tell lol).

I noticed the Watch list as well as the favorites are set in pages of 4x4, 12 pics/watchers. I would like to see that be able to maybe be more like the browse or new submissions section here you can select up to the 64 waters/favs to be see so less pages to deal with, I mean some have I'm sure favs reaching damn who knows same with watches so maybe a bit more convenient.

My 2nd idea might just be a glitch on my end then again not sure. But when i went to view the favs i added, all it gives me is a thumbnail of the pic and the remove option, t would be nice if you were able to click on the pic to maybe get a link or name of who drew the pic so you can better utilize it for those who are looking for a pic that can be used as a good reference for like a pose or in some cases a character someone has drawn for you/them they missed out on and such.

Kilroy

Mischief Maker!
I don't know if this has been suggested or not (and if it has, feel free to ignore!) but I would love to have journals that have been deleted be removed from the user's watchlist message center. It's annoying to click on a journal, only to find it's been deleted!

Guilwolfie

Artie said:
How about an optional account setting for your location in the form of a zip/postal code, or latitude/longitude, that can then be used to see which other users are located close to you? Not necessarily showing any exact location information, which would be stored privately, but perhaps displayed to other users as something like X miles/km away. Maybe displaying a city at most on the user's page. Which would add something of an IFPL functionality to FA. I know I'd find this useful just to see who all is near me, and it would of course be an optional thing that people would have to opt into so no one's privacy is in danger. :)

DA already has something like this, but my main gripe with it is that it only seems to show you a list of who is "near" you, without any indication of how near "near" is for each user. A list sorted by distance would be nice.

Actually, I really like this idea. However, if it were to be done, I think it should only list if they are "near" or not. Maybe have it setup so that if they're "near" it'll list them withen 60 miles, and "close" would be withen 10. Something like that.

Personally, I wouldn't want anyone to know just how CLOSE they were too much. But I wouldn't mind them knowing if they were near or not. From there they could contact me personally for the exact location. =P

Stratelier

I would love to have journals that have been deleted be removed from the user's watchlist message center. It's annoying to click on a journal, only to find it's been deleted!
Same thing for Notes, and Mature submissions for users with said option turned off.

Shadowwolf

Ever since I joined FA I have wanted the option where I can choose NOT to watch peoples' journals. I am honestly NOT that interested in reading through 700 journals every time I log into FA (or much of any journals for that matter), and it's a hassle to have to delete them all the time. Sometimes the Nuke button doesn't cut it.

Alex Cross

Taste the Music
I don't know if this suggestion has been made yet, but you know how deviantART has their "Daily Deviations"? What if we had our own a la featured artist or submission of the day. I think it would be great because it sets the standard in terms of qualitative submissions. People look to see what the staff favors and that would serve as an incentive to make better-quality submissions.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
Here is one suggestion for the member galleries

Let us organize the galeries by artist, art, stories, poetry, or music.

When cleaning out our faves gallery, give us the option of mass deleting... IE delete everything in the gallery, delete only art, delete only stories, delete only misic, etc, also have the ability to go to you first entries and delete oldest first

erete

Just an idea, but I think it it would be cool to have a weekly poll on FA. Not for anything specific, it could be about anything, like oppinions on games, preferances on types of art, or even on if you should try something new on FA. Now, I may have missed something, and there could already be one, but if there is, I haven't seen it. Also, I just thought that I'd mention that I'd be more than happy to come up with the poll questions and answers (but I'd never be able to help with coding on something like that, yet). I do mean on the FA homepage, because I have noticed some polls on the forums.

Stratelier

Allow us to rearrange our favorites. Like move an old one we still really like to teh front of it some how... or something like that.
If you want to do that, just un-fave and re-fave it.

Githe

I realize this suggestion is probably far beyond the current capabilities of the server/database, but it would be a phenomenally useful feature. On a site like Amazon.com, when you are looking to buy a book there's a message at the bottom that says "People who bought this book also bought:" and a list of similar books. Why not apply this to favorites? Not every time you open an image, but there would be a button that accessed the favorites of those who've favorited that image and collated them. The next best thing to searching I would think.

foxystallion

Born Furry
Stratadrake said:
Allow us to rearrange our favorites. Like move an old one we still really like to teh front of it some how... or something like that.

Wouldn't that increase the Fave count for that piece of art? Or when something is unfaved, are both the Fave counters on the picture and the user page decremented? Thanks.

Rhainor

Rawr.
foxystallion said:
Stratadrake said:

Wouldn't that increase the Fave count for that piece of art? Or when something is unfaved, are both the Fave counters on the picture and the user page decremented? Thanks.

This is what I do, and as far as I'm aware, the "Favorites" count on a submission is the number of people who currently have that item in their Favorites -- in other words, yes, it goes down if someone un-fav's it (I think).

Ainoko

I just thought of an idea that would benifit all users here on FA when they want to clean out their faves gallery, shouts, journals, etc.

It would be uber-nice to be able to nuke all shouts, journals, faved art etc like we can in our submissions folder and for the journals we get.

As for the Faves gallery, I would propose a more selective deletion of faved art. In this way, we can have these possible deletion options...
1. Nuke all
2. Nuke all stories
3. Nuke all art
4. Nuke all poetry
5. Nuke all music

As I stated, I think that having these options for FA users to manage their accounts better and would help us empty out our folders a bit faster.

Personally, at the moment, I really don't look forward to having to go through my faves gallery and delete most of what I have faved over the past year or so, as I have well over 15,000 peices of art faved.

I would personaly love to delete all but what I faved during the past seven (7) days and keep all the stories. I hope that will be added to the main site for the benifit of all users and admins fairly soon.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Firstly (and I'm not saying this as a Moderator), please don't use text enhancements (bold, italic, etc.) for the entire post. It's highly annoying to read.

Secondly, there *is* a "nuke messages" function, but it only appears when you have several hundred messages waiting -- mainly, IIRC, because it uses up a relatively high amount of system resources each time someone uses it.

Loveless

How To Deter Raids

I think that to deter raids, it would be a good idea to setup a question and answer system containing maybe 50-100 questions in order to get a new account. How would this work? Let me explain, first, there will be required reading. All questions will be based off the reading. Have the system set up to recognize only questions answered correctly. Only those 90-95% correct will be able to move on to create an account. For those willing to do this, it shows they truly want an account, it won't take too much time. But it will deter raiders because it will bore them quickly, it will also deter the creation of multiple accounts. This idea is sort of based off of the Elfwood setup, difference being that questions are multiple choice and not written or requiring an ok from admins before approval.

Just thought I would toss that on the table. We all like to post in safe communities. <3

As for me, I shall await the day I can make an account XD

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
What about email notification warnings when users exceed X number of submissions (250, 500, 1000, 2000, etc)?

circuit

As this seems a better place to post this, please fogive my use of caps:

NOT ALL SL SCREENSHOTS ARE SPAM, EVEN IF THERE ARE MORE THAN THREE IMAGES OF THE SAME CHARATER, AND EVEN IF YOU DIDN"T CREATE THE AVATAR FROM THE GROUND UP.

some of us use secondlife like many others use poser or even regular photography, and I am sick to death of thier being such a rediculous difference in the rules for how they are handled. Even if the images are of an avatar that you didn't build from the ground up, how is that any different than posting a picture of a copywritten character, or from

I would like to the management ask FA users what they think about the way the uap is written.

foxystallion

Born Furry
RE: How To Deter Raids

Loveless said:
I think that to deter raids, it would be a good idea to setup a question and answer system containing maybe 50-100 questions in order to get a new account. How would this work? Let me explain, first, there will be required reading. All questions will be based off the reading. Have the system set up to recognize only questions answered correctly. Only those 90-95% correct will be able to move on to create an account. For those willing to do this, it shows they truly want an account, it won't take too much time. But it will deter raiders because it will bore them quickly, it will also deter the creation of multiple accounts. This idea is sort of based off of the Elfwood setup, difference being that questions are multiple choice and not written or requiring an ok from admins before approval.

Just thought I would toss that on the table. We all like to post in safe communities. <3

As for me, I shall await the day I can make an account XD

That sounds like a good idea to me. The order of the questions would be freshly randomized for each user and extraneous characters could be thrown in. Humans are much better at extracting meaning from noisy text than computers. The questions could even be presented as images of handwriting. People are a lot better at dealing with these sorts of things than computers.

An email verification system is simple and effective if the number of users of an email address is limited to one or two. This makes use of the anti-bot technology that the email services use.

Kitoth

I have a suggestion and I am not an artist but I think some would agree with me in the end about this if it has not bee said already.

I will browse the sections and see who is new to FA and check out their artwork or stories and I am finding with both new as well as older Fa accounts that both stories and artwork/images are not being properly categorized. I mean I've seen some full on nudity and even a few that are mature images under the tame art sections and tame art under the mature sections. Now not sure who controls where they go, but I think some better guidelines for such stuff including stories which i've seen the same thing for be improved so the mature art goes where it should and the tame art goes where it should go. Also maybe a better definition of just what is consider tame and what is mature, if there is not something already. (I read as much as i could of the rules but may have missed something it happens).

Also what would be nice is the same for sketches or scraps so those who want tame pics can safely know for sure you know?

Finally to add additional stuff it would be helpful if pics that are mature or semi-mature to not be under the all category. i mean with no search feature and the browse feature doing only so much you get the same pic in multiple categories so just some ideas on my part i guess lol.

Ainoko

Rhainor said:
Firstly (and I'm not saying this as a Moderator), please don't use text enhancements (bold, italic, etc.) for the entire post. It's highly annoying to read.

Secondly, there *is* a "nuke messages" function, but it only appears when you have several hundred messages waiting -- mainly, IIRC, because it uses up a relatively high amount of system resources each time someone uses it.

I do know about the nuke function on the journals, but I was thinking that we should have the same function available for member management of their accounts as well. I got this idea when I wanted to clean out my faves gallery and shouts page. Just to clean out my faves gallery is going to take me well over three months as I can only click one image at a time to delete well over 100k faves, and personally, I would prefer to keep only flashes and stories in my faves gallery. I also have the same issue with the shouts, I want to nuke the entire history as there is about 2k shouts there as well.

The suggestion, I beleive, will benefit everyone here at FA and help with better managing ones account.