• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Ainoko said:
I do know about the nuke function on the journals, but I was thinking that we should have the same function available for member management of their accounts as well. I got this idea when I wanted to clean out my faves gallery and shouts page. Just to clean out my faves gallery is going to take me well over three months as I can only click one image at a time to delete well over 100k faves, and personally, I would prefer to keep only flashes and stories in my faves gallery. I also have the same issue with the shouts, I want to nuke the entire history as there is about 2k shouts there as well.

The suggestion, I beleive, will benefit everyone here at FA and help with better managing ones account.

Faves gallery indeed could use a better interface.
As for the shouts, see this thread for a suggestion & resolution.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Untamed said:
How about a Search Bar that isn't Temporarily/Permanantly Disabled

See page 1, page 2, page3, page4, page5...... page 30 of this thread.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
yak said:
Ainoko said:
I do know about the nuke function on the journals, but I was thinking that we should have the same function available for member management of their accounts as well. I got this idea when I wanted to clean out my faves gallery and shouts page. Just to clean out my faves gallery is going to take me well over three months as I can only click one image at a time to delete well over 100k faves, and personally, I would prefer to keep only flashes and stories in my faves gallery. I also have the same issue with the shouts, I want to nuke the entire history as there is about 2k shouts there as well.

The suggestion, I beleive, will benefit everyone here at FA and help with better managing ones account.

Faves gallery indeed could use a better interface.
As for the shouts, see this thread for a suggestion & resolution.

Where on this thread is the suggestion for the shouts?

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Ainoko said:
Where on this thread is the suggestion for the shouts?
Oh, sorry, i was going to link the words "this thread" to it, but must have forgotten. Here it is,
http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=14282&pid=239690#pid239690

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
-search engine/more species on the drop-down list.
-PG/PG-13 submissions? don'y know how that would work out.
that's really it, for me.

Lumpy

a new type of message apart from comments, shouts, favorites, submissions, watches and journals: Critiques

perhaps on each submission, there can be a tab to view either regular comments or to view the critiques, or be able to see them both. with the tabs, commenting people could select which tab you want to type in whether it's a comment or a critique

also the ability to change whether or not you can receive critiques out there. i for one love critiques and wish people could know that i want them, but there are those people out there that get infuriated when critiqued

also, regarding second life screenshots, i spend hours upon hours making avatars made entirely by me with my own textures in photoshop and my own 3d sculpted prims in autodesk maya, and it seems like most people just zoom by my submissions as if i purchased the avatar, took a snapshot, then uploaded. the second life snapshot rule should be a little more reinforced

Angyl

Angyl Roper
I want to type in "Freakin' awesome art" and get a result XD Sometimes it's lovely to see the various levels of talent out there, but there are times when I just want to discover stunning artists.

There would have to be some sort of vote but then crap would get through because it would be popularity based rather than actual ability based, unless someone has the balls to moderate that sort of thing...

ZhivagoD

How about a commission feedback system? I'd probably best go under the commissions tab on profiles...

So people don't abuse it, the artist must first verify that the commission was ordered by that specific user and completed (You can't rate unfinished work!). We can't have trolls giving artists 0 star on everything just because they can.

There can be ratings for...

Professionalism
Art Quality
Communication
Attitude
Overall Experience

And artists's scores would show like in 5 or 10 stars with a fraction. Like 2.3 or 8.9

Gildedtongue

One thing that I'd like to see is a list of who fav'ed what item. I know you get a message when they first faved it, but one usually just deletes it after seeing it and telling the person "thanks for the fav!" But, like on Yiffstar they have a little list on the top of the page saying "users fav'ing this piece"

foxystallion

Born Furry
Gildedtongue said:
One thing that I'd like to see is a list of who fav'ed what item. I know you get a message when they first faved it, but one usually just deletes it after seeing it and telling the person "thanks for the fav!" But, like on Yiffstar they have a little list on the top of the page saying "users fav'ing this piece"

I really like this idea! They have a dropdown Fave list for each picture on dA. I'd really like that here!! It would be invaluable for finding like minded furs!

Yak, is there any chance of including this feature in Ferrox?
Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication.

Microsoftt

I'd kind of like a comment tracker, similar to how most message boards have, on one's profile, an option to "view all posts by this user". Not really necessary or all that useful, but I guess I thought it'd be cool, damn it!

Jasonwolf

I am unsure if anyone has suggested this here, but I remember Crocdragon89 saying something about this. I think it would be a good idea to allow artists to remove comments from their submissions, just like the way we can delete shouts on our pages.

GothPanda

Um, I'm just a big fan of Creative Commons right now, so I was going to suggest that we be able to put an option to license stuff with Creative Commons licenses...

Planeswalker

Don't know if these have already been suggested (like hell I'm going to read all the 30 pages of this thread to find them) but...

1) I'd like the browsing to be split into the four separate browse pages, one for each of the recent ${stuff} as seen on the front page. You know, browse images, browse stories, browse music, browse poetry, etcetc.

2) Allow users to decide which kind of submissions they get messages about (DA has this, you know). I'm not particularly interested in new music or poetry for one and journal entries I barely ever read from most folks. So, it would be nice if my message box thingy doesn't get chocked full of them from users I'd normally not read them from. This could be made to remove scraps from showing up in there as well if someone wants that (I don't, I like scraps).

coffinberry

in my message inbox, it would be nice to see what comments people have left on my submissions instead of seeing:

Dragonrider1227 has commented on a submission titled "Holiday Eve"

small, yes, but would be nice.

A section of the forum for current events. That way if someone wants to post a news story, it can go in the current events section instead of the general chat area.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
anyone thought of putting the user's status up on FA? like there should be a part on the profile where u can tell whether the user is on or offline, so u can chat w/them mayhaps. and then when they log out, it says "offline". this feature is in the forum, i know, but it's just something to throw out there.

Microsoftt

I'd like an e-mail notification option for when someone watches you, favorites something, or gives you a comment or shout, each of these individual things separate options for receiving e-mails about. Also, I see a mood setting for the main profile page, but I don't see a mood setting for each individual post in one's journal entries. I don't like this. It's easier to think about how you feel for that specific page and set the according mood than to slap your forehead and go, "Oh yeah, I forgot to temporarily change my mood to 'emo freak' for a a day and then change it back to 'horny' tomorrow." At which point, the effort is really not worth it and the mood setting, as it is right now, isn't even usable.

It'd also be nice to have a comment editor. I don't like appearing like I'm spamming someone's submission with comments, just because I couldn't edit my post.

SageHendrix

I have a suggestion for a hide option on submissions (I am not sure if someone has already suggested this -- the thread is 31 pages long).

Basically think of a "storage chest" in each person's account. They can send a few, all, or even just a couple submissions into the "storage chest" where it wont be deleted from thier account but it will not show anymore in thier gallery. So, as far as anyone else is concerned, the submission is history. This would be a great way for artists who wish not to show certain works for some time, but prevent them from having to delete the work entirely and then re-upload it later.

The bad side: Anyone who favorites a submission that is in the "storage chest" would essentially not see it come up in their own account's favorite list, nor would they be able to look at it until the submitter takes that submission out of "storage" again.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
messages noting if u someone has commented when they have not replied to a specific post someone made.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
brownsquirrel said:
messages noting if u someone has commented when they have not replied to a specific post someone made.

Not sure what you mean.
Do you want to be notified if someone commented on a submission that is not yours? Or replied to someone on your submission?

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
yak said:
brownsquirrel said:

Not sure what you mean.
Do you want to be notified if someone commented on a submission that is not yours? Or replied to someone on your submission?
Yes 2 second one. Because sometimes people forget to reply to someone's specific comment. Cause sometimes people type a reply in "write a reply" after there's dozen of comments already made and they couldn't decide which to reply to, i jus wanna be notified on those ones

pitonpeludo

Integrills and Derivigators
I noticed a lot of options for FA are similar to that on dA (I don't know if dA was used as a template, so meh). What I'm interested in is having the "Location" option on FA. Basically the user would type in their geographic coordinates (easily obtained from Google Maps) on the "Control Panel" page. This would allow for furs, who live close to each other, to know other furs are there (a current problem for me because I'm three hours away from the nearest fur that I know of).

Planeswalker said:
I shall suggest that there's some separate browse method for submissions with the fewest views!

This should counter all the +fav storm haters and stuff.

I like this idea; it would give some option for some lesser known artists (such as myself *cough cough*) to have their works noticed.
This also gave me the idea of having a Black/White, Color, or Greyscale option to select from while browsing. I find it annoying to have to look tons of sketches to find some good colored works. This might also help the lesser known artists. By using both the fewest views and Colored options, these artists might gain some publicity.

Also could help weed out the users who primarily watch others, try to create their own drawings, and fail miserably.

Planeswalker

pitonpeludo said:
I find it annoying to have to look tons of sketches to find some good colored works.
Ah, and ignore people like me who never colour their works :D

But yea, that would be good idea to have the option to tell if it's b/w, coloured, monochrome (you know, grayscale but instead of gray you have some single color, or gray..), inked or whatever.