• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Planeswalker

brownsquirrel said:
Mature Submissions: Must be 17 or older
Adult Submissions: Must be 18 or older
So what's the difference for the person uploading the submission? I don't see any based on that. And I still have no idea what's the real difference between the two.

RoseStorm

Hi all...I am new and in setting up my FA I noticed the commission tab is all centered on art. While you have blank areas to put other things helps it is in the history portion when you list years experience not until you look on your page do you see it say "Years of drawing experience: " Why not just leave it years experience or have separate one for each major category (art, writing, music) That way those of us that can't do art and want to do stories or poems or even music for others can.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Planeswalker said:
brownsquirrel said:
Mature Submissions: Must be 17 or older
Adult Submissions: Must be 18 or older
So what's the difference for the person uploading the submission? I don't see any based on that. And I still have no idea what's the real difference between the two.
It's a year difference and i kind of got the idea from how the ESRB rates games like M for Mature: 17+ and AO: 18+, cause heck, we all are mature about at 17, right?

Hey guys
It'd be reeallly neat if you could change the :iconusernamehere: code so that instead of showing the icon and the username, it just shows the icon. It'd save alot of space when people want to list artists in their journals or something, not to mention that having both the icon and the username is kind of redundant!

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
soundhound said:
Hey guys
It'd be reeallly neat if you could change the :iconusernamehere: code so that instead of showing the icon and the username, it just shows the icon. It'd save alot of space when people want to list artists in their journals or something, not to mention that having both the icon and the username is kind of redundant!
I think this was discussed a while ago, not sure, but anyway...
Not a problem, but we can't change it due to backward compatibility. We can only add something new. What macro would you propose for it?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
yak said:
soundhound said:
Hey guys
Not a problem, but we can't change it due to backward compatibility. We can only add something new. What macro would you propose for it?
I think :linkusername: would work.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Preyfar said:
yak said:
soundhound said:
Hey guys

That name is already taken, and documented in my journal. It's used for exactly the same purpose as it sounds.

yak said:
Preyfar said:
yak said:
soundhound said:
Hey guys

That name is already taken, and documented in my journal. It's used for exactly the same purpose as it sounds.
how about :usernameicon: is that possible?

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Hmm, yeah, quite possible.

[edit] check http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/41799/#cid:2068339

But be aware that DeviantArt style "stringing-together-several-icons-on-purpose-for-lulz" type of abuse will be frowned upon and prevented.

kylr23

yak said:
Yes, but most of the time, game screenshots are irrelevant annoying spam.
:x stupid spamers, hmmm I got a sugestion for the forums why not have a roleplaying area? set up good rule and stuff and well we should be fine I hope :?.

ps:
question to the coder how manny years did you study on coding?
as some on taking a web disign class at a high school lv I wounder how long the pros done this kind of thing?

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
kylr23 said:
:x stupid spamers, hmmm I got a sugestion for the forums why not have a roleplaying area? set up good rule and stuff and well we should be fine I hope :?.
Because roleplay is, in it's essence, spam to everyone else not involved in it.

kylr23 said:
ps:
question to the coder how manny years did you study on coding?
as some on taking a web disign class at a high school lv I wounder how long the pros done this kind of thing?
I dunno, 6 or 7 years by now or something...

As for the web design class, please don't take offense, i'm only saying this from personal experience and hours upon days upon weeks of frustration. I am tired of seeing the horrors one year olds of web developers generate and terrorize the internet with. It is impossible to comprehend, understand and gain enough experience in just one year to use current web technologies properly. That multiplier goes up by at least 32 times if we are talking about courses and not personal study.
If you really want it, you will have marginally better results stydying it on your own and for quite some time - before your product could be inspected by seasoned developers without lots of aspirin involved. One year of courses will give you surface understanding of a few things, and abandon you amidst the hundreds upon thousands of llibraries, frameworks and toolkits with no idea what to do. That usually doesn't end well.

yak said:
Hmm, yeah, quite possible.

[edit] check http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/41799/#cid:2068339

But be aware that DeviantArt style "stringing-together-several-icons-on-purpose-for-lulz" type of abuse will be frowned upon and prevented.
Cool! Thanks dude.
Also, not sure what you mean...I don't hang out on Deviantart too often...would it be considered abuse to have an icon-ized list of admired artists in your profile?

Rhainor

Rawr.
CyberFox said:
How about giving artwork related to Age Regression (sequence and otherwise) it's own category?

Offhand, I'm gonna say it's not going to happen because there's not enough demand for it, especially when the Pull-Down List of Doom is scheduled to be dismantled in the not-too-distant future.

Planeswalker

Suggestion ensues! Instead of hoarding larger and larger new messages list in the website, I'd like to get notification of the new submissions in my mailbox much like HF does and not get any notification at all at FA itself. This obviously should be an option and not the norm.

Just some daily digest with links, titles and artist/author name for each is enough. And if you think the load won't be too high, offer option for sending mail per-submission instead of daily digest (I'd go for digest as the only option, though).

As an added bonus you might make it HTML mail and add thumbs for the submissions, but that isn't as important.

Very much like how you get notifications by mail of new submissions to threads you've subscribed to here at FAF.

offthewall234

Let me move this out of the primary area and put it in here.

Hey! Just a quick suggestion:

You know how places like traditional forums and Livejournal employ email notifications to let people choose how to be notified of certain events like getting a PM or certain people posting certain things?

Why not employ a similar system here!? Or, someone could create a widget that floats on the desktop giving us notifications like that. Think a custom RSS feed.

Just a through, and I figured with the Ferrox update in construction, it would be a good time to mention it.

underwear-ninja

I've got three suggestions:

1: An option to display a plain, default banner, if we don't like the current one or something.

2: People you watch having a list on the side in our control pannels. I really miss that feature as I watch alot of people, and loading up page after page to find one artist gets really tedious after a while.

3: Don't remove the pulldown menus for browsing- its really convenient and makes finding something alot easier.

m2pt5

Here's a suggestion: Make the site compatible with PicLens. It's an awesome way to browse images, and it already works with DeviantArt.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
I would like to say that i would like to see a download section, so you know how many times your submission has been downloaded

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Download = full view pretty much, and FA doesn't keep that sort of statistics, it's too taxing to do so.