• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

uncia

(aside: that also blocks PMs which can be more trouble than it's worth when an aggrieved community member who was misinterpreted or otherwise trying to correct the situation suddenly finds themselves totally unable to attempt to correct that...
= better to "use with care" and preferably tell people why you're going to block them as a last resort after other communications have failed to resolve the issue).

whitewolf

It would be REALLY nice to be able to delete comments that you, or someone else in your own submissions, posts.

That and/or have the ability to block/ban users from your page.

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie
What about deleting multiple PMs at once rather than going to each PM and deleting them one at a time like that. @_@

Rhainor

Rawr.
Stratadrake said:
You mean like selecting a bunch of PM's then hitting 'Delete all'?

Yeah, although she's talking about the "Notes" on the main site. As it stands right now, the only way to access the "delete" function for notes is from within the note itself, which forces you to delete them one by one.

whitewolf

codewolf said:
whitewolf said:
That and/or have the ability to block/ban users from your page.

*facepaws* try reading 2/3 posts up....

Okay.. apparently this block feature DOESN'T EVEN WORK. I blocked my friend, then had him log in in front of me to see what it would do/say. And he was able to view all of my pages and everything just fine!

Well, I'm new here, so try not to bash me too much, guys. So...

I was trying to browse the Gallery. You know, the ENTIRE gallery. And by that, I mean with adult pictures on. However, it seems I can't view adult art unless I Register an Account, but the account registration is down. :/

Anyway, here's my suggestion: Is it too much to fix the registration? Has it been like this for long? And if there isn't any alternative, can a way to view adult pictures without having an account be invented?

Rhainor

Rawr.
Transformation_Chan said:
Well, I'm new here, so try not to bash me too much, guys. So...

I was trying to browse the Gallery. You know, the ENTIRE gallery. And by that, I mean with adult pictures on. However, it seems I can't view adult art unless I Register an Account, but the account registration is down. :/

Anyway, here's my suggestion: Is it too much to fix the registration? Has it been like this for long? And if there isn't any alternative, can a way to view adult pictures without having an account be invented?

There's a thread regarding this specific issue over here (stickied at the top of the Site Discussion section).

Basically, they're working on getting secure registration up. In the meantime, send a Private Message to me or Codewolf (the Moderators) or any of the Admins, and we can set you up an account. To speed things up (for me, at least; I dunno how the others are handling these requests), include your desired username and e-mail address.

foxystallion

Born Furry
whitewolf said:
Okay.. apparently this block feature DOESN'T EVEN WORK. I blocked my friend, then had him log in in front of me to see what it would do/say. And he was able to view all of my pages and everything just fine!

It is my understanding that the Block does not prevent a Blocked party from viewing your pages, but only from commenting on them or sending you a PM or Shout. Check that out with your friend; after blocking him, can he still post comments on your pages or PM you?

whitewolf

Well.. under the block feature it clearly states, "Blocked users will not be able to view your user page." But.. I will have to check and see if he can comment.

A

Aquacoon

I'd like to see some official holidays organized for the site. Like I'd like to see a birthday for the two mascots, probably on either end of the year. Basically a drive for fan art of the two, and maybe an official gallery that all of these things would be posted to. Maybe even a contest with some silly prize for the winner. And maybe an Administrator/Mod appreciation day. I know there are a lot of people working hard to keep the site the way it is, for free. So it would be nice to not only get to know who these people are, but pay homage to them. Granted, appreciation would be up to the individual, and well known admin/mods would probably recieve the bulk of the praise, if it was left up entirely to the individuals.

Also, it'd be nice to see some FA:U coverage on the site. And some Forum messages posted. I'm sure there's a large number of people who never help out, or make their opinions or solutions heard, simply because they do not know whats going on. If the site needs something, it really should be in the site's best interest to let everyone know, because otherwise I don't think people will check.

Lastly, site based merchandise, if such a thing could exist. Perhaps taking art donations from various skilled artists, to be compiled for a cd or art book to be sold. Maybe a T-shirt design produced every year. And in all un-likely hood, Fender and Rednef plushies. I have no idea how to even begin production on something like that. *shrugs* But all the proceeds would go to updating and maintaining the site. and I'm sure most of the people here would be willing to contribute, or compete in a contest.

There is a question of how much money would actually come out of it, but I'm sure if done in the right way, merchandise can be planned or designed without actual expenditure until the item is purchased.

Ryoku_Doragon

I'm no saint so I'm not going look through all those pages of stuff and see if this has already been suggested, but a feature that I enjoy is a favorites.

Were you can favoritize a thread and have updates on it and junk but going to your favorites.

And, if I'm a dork and just missed this (which is very likely) feel free to let me know ^_^

RestrainedRaptor

Well-Known Nuisance
Ryoku_Teh_Dragon said:
I'm no saint so I'm not going look through all those pages of stuff and see if this has already been suggested, but a feature that I enjoy is a favorites.

Were you can favoritize a thread and have updates on it and junk but going to your favorites.

And, if I'm a dork and just missed this (which is very likely) feel free to let me know ^_^

See the link at the bottom of the page, "Subscribe to this thread". You get an e-mail when someone posts a new reply.

Ryoku_Doragon

RestrainedRaptor said:
Ryoku_Teh_Dragon said:

See the link at the bottom of the page, "Subscribe to this thread". You get an e-mail when someone posts a new reply.

Oh, well yes I knew that was there. And that works to, but what I mean is an on-site favorites list.

RestrainedRaptor

Well-Known Nuisance
Ryoku_Teh_Dragon said:
RestrainedRaptor said:
Ryoku_Teh_Dragon said:

Oh, well yes I knew that was there. And that works to, but what I mean is an on-site favorites list.

Use this: http://forums.furaffinity.net/usercp.php?action=subscriptions

Ryoku_Doragon

RestrainedRaptor said:
Ryoku_Teh_Dragon said:
RestrainedRaptor said:
Ryoku_Teh_Dragon said:

Use this: http://forums.furaffinity.net/usercp.php?action=subscriptions

Ah ha! Thank you for helpin this silly dragon ^.=.^

Lady Star

i dunno if i missed it somewhere... but what about clubs? there a way we can have clubs of some sort like the Brilliant Blue club we just started on FA?

RazulWolf

Some thing I would love to see is making the site compatible with a Firefox add on I stumbled across called Piclens. I seem like a lot of fun and would be really nice if it would work with the site.

http://piclens.com/lite/ The address to help get to it really quick.

FrisbeeRolf

Waiting to get thin again
We need a board totally devoted to RPing. The random RPs breaking out in the introductions are getting a little out of hand.

Rhainor

Rawr.
I suggest making an "FA is down" error-page image that's *specific* to downtime caused by backups and maintenance. If people can see that the site's down for a good reason directly on the "it's down" page, we'll probably get fewer pointless "OMG FA IS DOWN! WHAT HAPPENED?" posts.

We need a board totally devoted to RPing. The random RPs breaking out in the introductions are getting a little out of hand.
No. Regular RPing is forbidden on FA Forums for a very specific reason: it tends to generate a ton of posts in a very short period of time, which puts a lot of strain on the Forums server. Users can direct each other to other message boards for RPing.

On a semi-related note, I have a message board of my own that's open for anyone to use for just about whatever they like. Link is in my signature (middle one).

Last edited:

FrisbeeRolf

Waiting to get thin again
I suggest making an "FA is down" error-page image that's *specific* to downtime caused by backups and maintenance. If people can see that the site's down for a good reason directly on the "it's down" page, we'll probably get fewer pointless "OMG FA IS DOWN! WHAT HAPPENED?" posts.

No. Regular RPing is forbidden on FA Forums for a very specific reason: it tends to generate a ton of posts in a very short period of time, which puts a lot of strain on the Forums server. Users can direct each other to other message boards for RPing.

On a semi-related note, I have a message board of my own that's open for anyone to use for just about whatever they like. Link is in my signature (middle one).
True but there is still RPing going on. Which probably accounts for 90% of the posts here anyway. Either separate it or make a rule against it period.