• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Ansuru

Okay you're live. This is GREAT news :D Made my day, I just randomly checked the link and POOF there it was!

But one thing I really miss, even with only 2 pages of active submissions available to see is the ability to open 'em in full view. I already seen the silly thumbnail, so if I've clicked the thing to open a page, give me the option to let me see the whole thing without another click. Please? :D

sanura_mosi

Writer-Artist-Designer
problems with the avatars...:p

Umm, someone please enlighten me, i'm confused. WHY is the avatars ONLY gif? I have my jpg avatar, i had to search around to find a program that i could save it as gif, and it looked like CRAP when i saved it over. For some reason GIMP (which i use all the time) doesn't save as gif and if its this bad i can see why. Why no other types?
And what other programs besides MSpaint save as gif?

Thanx

wut

Rename your file to .gif. IIRC it only checks for extension, not file headers.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Re: problems with the avatars...:p

sanura_mosi said:
Umm, someone please enlighten me, i'm confused. WHY is the avatars ONLY gif? I have my jpg avatar, i had to search around to find a program that i could save it as gif, and it looked like CRAP when i saved it over. For some reason GIMP (which i use all the time) doesn't save as gif and if its this bad i can see why. Why no other types?
And what other programs besides MSpaint save as gif?

Thanx
If you want me to save your avatar in a high quality .gif, e-mail it to me a preyfar@yahoo.com. I'll keep the colors spiffy.

timoran

Banned
Banned
Enter artist name or keyword

Clear "Enter artist name or keyword" when the search field is focused upon.

Simple JavaScript:

function focussearch() {
if (field.value == "Enter artist name or keyword") {
field.value = "";
}
}

Edit: Nevermind, I viewed source and this is apparently a bug. See my post in bug thread!

Dende-snail

Hello ! I just recovered my former galley and I was wondering if you could add a lil "move to scraps" thing, since there are scraps now.

Thx

Gronthar

Some ideas:

+I'd really like to be able to group my art into different categories. Could it be possible to create different sub-folders for art? Or possibly add more than one gallery per user name. This would be useful for people intrested in making comics like me and would like to keep it separate from the other work. I would like to upload some sprite art, but I don't just want to shove it in with the regular stuff either.

+Are there no-robots, no-index meta-tags on each page? I would rather like not to be picked up if I could help it. Maybe as a toggle option in user pefs? I know they probably don't do much, but I'd still like to have the option.

+Groups would be nice. I can see this as two separate features though. The first being a lj friends-only type tag for submitted artwork. You know, so only a certain set of usesers could see it? Maybe this only appeals to me. I want only furverts to look at my stuff.

+The other groups option I think would be cool would be something like a group page. It would be like a normal member page only multiple people could submit to it. People who like gay lions or zebra vore could band together and link thier themed art to the group. The group could also fav submssions from artists not in the group.

+I think second life is going to take off. Furry sims will become the next Furry Muck, since they pretty much are a graphical version of it to begin with. Some SL PHP back-end goodness would be great. I'm already posting some stuff I made on SL to furaffinity with a link to the SL exchange where you can buy it. Interconnectivity is rad. I think you should add "avatar" as a submission type or sub category, perhaps with a space to a link (in SL or a SL-linked page) to where you could get a copy. I know it seems like SL is has been whored out a lot recently, but I really think it's the "Next Big Thing."

Mr Cullen

I'd like to suggest a style for those of us who use the internet at home and have to watch incase their siblings are in the room :

Just like a blank white thing would be nice. I don't mind that header I just don't need my brother or my mum and step-dad asking awkward questions. Being old enough to do as you please is one thing, doing it in your parents home is another.

Hungryjackal

The Hungry One
I have a couple of suggestions (well, questions but still suggestions):

1) Would it be possible to put a reply button for shouts on a user page, like DA?

2) There should be more options for species type, like a jackal for example, as well as something for the two type furries. (ex. wolf/fox, ferret/fox, ect.)

3) Shouldn't people over the age of 13 be allowed to view Pg-13 submissions?

4) Users should be able to create polls in their journals.

Mr Cullen

Hungryjackal said:
3) Shouldn't people over the age of 13 be allowed to view Pg-13 submissions?

Your forgetting that artists an d administrators have their own opinions of what is and isn't PG-13 and at the end of the day, in my opinion no-one under the age of 18 should be on FA. But theres little we can do to stop morons from getting on the site is there?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Nightdancer said:
I miss in the art listing:

- non-anthro ADULT

-Ungulates (deers etc.)
We're going to revise the specie list, worry not!

Vexxed

Hmm... As pop-art as it looks, having 4 pictures of pencils in a row for the latest stories, 4 pictures of masks in a row for the latest poetry, etc. is not entirely descriptive. Perhaps, instead of having the pictures of pencils, it could be like a list of the titles of the latest stories and poetry and music and stuff? I'll see if I can put up a picture to see what I mean...

Unless, of course, the 4 pencils in a row thing is the look you're going for.

Pico

Is the species list even necessary at all? I can see having some broad categories, but trying to get every species in there would just be silly, plus the list would be huge. I mean, isn't the "keywords" box supposed to be the place where we can type specific stuff like that?

wut

Pico said:
Is the species list even necessary at all? I can see having some broad categories, but trying to get every species in there would just be silly, plus the list would be huge. I mean, isn't the "keywords" box supposed to be the place where we can type specific stuff like that?

IAWTC. It's just a superfluous addition that serves no real purpose (much like the recent favourites fiasco.) People can add species to their comments or keywords if they need to.

Gronthar

http://www.transfur.com/Gallery/Species.aspx

Transfur's species list is the best! I highly recomend you take a peek

Sitar

One thing which has always bothered me for some reason is.. how in the message center, the shouts and comments are each their own lists, yet are in one column. I get more comments than shouts, so its hard to see where one list ends, to see whats new, and where the next begins.

I think shouts having a preview in the message center gives them enough reason to have their own column, if you chose to stay with this layout. Otherwise get rid of the preview and place them chronologically in with the comments. The difference in format between the two makes for unwelcome inconsistancey to me.

Perhaps put previews for all comments in a mouseover box.
I like having dates next to things, also. If I know I havnt been online since such a date, it allows me to easily see whats new. I cant remember all the usernames whom have commented on what and when.

I think the specie categories are neat. I look forward to seeing dinosauria (and alien/demon/humanoid/mythos?) being added when its revamped. :) Theyre classified under aves, not reptilia, by the way. Maybe give them their own category and split it into Herbivores/Carnivores/Raptors... heh.

I dont think the specie list needs to be huge. Be more specific in areas which are more popular, like canids. Something like rodents, marsupials, general reptiles, and arthropoids (chitinous insect resembling things) wouldnt need any sub categories since you dont see enough of these kinds of things.

Possum and Opposum.. wha?

bah, Im rambly. I dont know if this has been said already..

Vexxed

One tiny little thing which will make FA browsing just that much easier!

I noticed that when the server's in Read-Only mode, clicking on the search box clears the "Enter artist name or keyword" text so you can begin typing right away.

But as it currently is, you need to delete the text yourself, which has led me to search numerous times for things like "Enter artist nJohn Doeame or keyword" if I were trying to search for "John Doe".

Like I said, it's just one tiny little thing, but it's quite frustrating and seems easily fixable.

Almafeta

Just a small suggestion: Could we have a 'usercount/submission count' box again, like in the old FA?

EDIT: And page/hour, so we can guilt ourselves for using FA's bandwidth ^^;