• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Quiet269

That doesn't seem detrimental to the workings on a website. Plus, you could probably just make a script that does that.
I've used such a script, though I dunno how much of FA's system would require tweaking to accommodate it

Kujila

Probably on fire
I'm sure this is insta-rejected, but, a whatever-goes subforum.

There's entire cliques of furries from chans and the likes, and we're a bit more obnoxious. Sometimes we just need to post a macro image, or use vulgar language against each other.

I'm not suggesting a NSFW section or anything, just a place like Off-topic, but where threads aren't constantly getting deleted for not being worthy enough to be in Off-topic

Plus this presents the opportunity for some pretty awesome drama. Instead of locking drama threads, you could just move them to the whatever-goes subforum and we can all watch and eat popcorn.

Fur Affinity Chan ; FACHAN

:D

bane233

the cowboy wolf/roo
when you add the new search engine can you add a key word block?

because i found something so nasty, sick, and wrong on FA today i throw up and i never want to see anything like it any more!!!!!

bane233

the cowboy wolf/roo

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
A "Permabanned" avatar for someone who has been banned along with a message why in their "About me" section?

"Banned for <insert reasons here>"

What about the username in bright red so watchers can unwatch them when they look at their "Watching" list?

Last edited:

Vore Writer

Dog faced God
I'm not sure if I already made the suggestion, or is somebody else did, but here it is. When it comes to word documents, why not have it something like this? http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=156390 That would look nicer then what the site is using now, and it'll make reading stories a hell of a lot easier.

Valerion

What about the username in bright red so watchers can unwatch them when they look at their "Watching" list?

That's what the initial symbol is for, though it's not really explained well. ~ for a normal user, @ for an administrator and - for a banned user. So you would for example see "~ Valerion" or "@ Dragoneer". However, there's no difference between a temporarily banned user and a permanently banned user.

Roland

Slinky
I'm not sure if I already made the suggestion, or is somebody else did, but here it is. When it comes to word documents, why not have it something like this? http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=156390 That would look nicer then what the site is using now, and it'll make reading stories a hell of a lot easier.

I personally dislike frames. Though I agree on having something with better contrast, I do not agree with having stories in tiny, tiny windows.

SnowFox

How about alt tags for embedded images in the forums? I sometimes peek in from work and have images disabled, but miss the point of a lot of posts with images in them

something in this format maybe?

[IMG="[URL]http://mywebsite.is-a-geek.com/images/Cock.jpg[/URL]"]A picture of my cock[/IMG]

Last edited:

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
IMG tag phail
they're disabled
----
This may sound stupid, but more icons to view on pages for a suggestion.

Konda

I really wish I could sort my journal updates by user. Or at least be able to view my entire journal inbox at once so I could do it manually.

I was thinking of nuking my journal inbox... but after some thought I don't think I want to just because I felt I actually got something out of reading some of them. But I just wish there was a more efficient way of going through them.

Submissions let you sort by newest or oldest... I'm not sure that would help much for journals. (though maybe it would be nice to have anyway)

If I could read through them one user at a time it's much more educational, you get that one person's entire life story down. Sure, I could do this by going to that user's page and reading all their journal entries, but it doesn't remove them from my inbox so it would be redundant..

Maybe I should just nuke them...

Roland

Slinky
I wonder if maybe it would be possible to view submissions by maturity rating? Like, select a view for all ages stuff, a view for mature and a view for adult? Could be pretty useful for browsing submissions in less-than-private places.

Gavinfoxx

I've been trying to find a list of "already suggested items", but I couldn't find one, and I couldn't figure out a relevant search term to look for this. Okay, you know when you are using the browse function, and some of the entries are bold? I would like to be able to click on those bolded entries, and be able to browse everything underneath, as if it was one category. Like all the mammals, or all the dragons, or all the tames, or all the adults. Thoughts?

jakejynx

"Delete comment" or "mark comment as spam," PLEASE. When users decide to be jerks and spam/harrass with the same crappy comment on every one of your submissions, a function like this would really come in handy.

Hlavco

Gold Card Member
Yo, is there any way to watch a user's art but not their journals? I've got some people that draw cool pictures, but they update their journals way too often and it gets annoying sometimes.

Eidy

I would love to see the Commission Info on the User Page be updated. I really like the basic set-up. My biggest issue is with the Price List. It currently only offers Sketches, Inked, Digital, and 2 Extra Options. I would find it quite useful if instead the artist could have a large open list of 15 or more options that they could title themselves. I for instance do not offer digital work, and would like to offer more than sketches, inked pieces, and the 2 extra options listed. I could see an artist realistically posting options for character sheets, badges, users avatars/icons, fursuit concept designs, comics, on top of sketches and drawings of someones character(s) in various mediums. I would also like to see more space given to Tools of the Trade, as I cannot list everything I would like to. As it stands, the Commission Info. section is virtually unusable for me.

Composerlab_ns

Two things I'd like to see:
1. The ability to forward something to someone else. What I mean is if I see something that I really like, and I think a friend would really like, I could just click a forward button on the page of the thing I like and type in his username (or select it from a list of my watchers). It would be easier than having to go to his page (via my watch list) and then sending a pm. Just forward a pm right from the page with a message like "I thought you might like this" and a link to the piece).

2. the ability to select JUST art in the Browse function. In teh Category list, "ALL" returns just that: everything. But it's under the header of "Visual Art". I tested it just now, and within the first five hits, there was at least one audio file. So if I want to look at, for example, Adult Bondage art. I can't just filter out the art, without getting the stories too. So making two separate items in the menu would help: "All submissions" and "All Visual Art".

Just my 2 cents worth.
Taris

Composerlab_ns

I've been trying to find a list of "already suggested items", but I couldn't find one, and I couldn't figure out a relevant search term to look for this. Okay, you know when you are using the browse function, and some of the entries are bold? I would like to be able to click on those bolded entries, and be able to browse everything underneath, as if it was one category. Like all the mammals, or all the dragons, or all the tames, or all the adults. Thoughts?

Seconded!

VogelRove

Suggestions for us writers out there...

I have a couple small suggestions that would help writers on the site I think...

It would be useful to be able to tell how many times a word/pdf file from a story is downloaded as opposed to counting how many people visit the submission page. It makes writer's like myself unsure as to whether people are reading a story or not as something may have 100 views, but no comments.

Also, it would be useful (given the new space made available thanks to the new way to view submissions on our home pages) if a story could be assigned a bigger thumbnail comparable in size to the 'resized images' that can be seen on all artworks. As I like to make thumbnails that contain information like: 'includes episodes 1-4', etc. I also think that bigger thumbnails would help writers advertise their stories a little more, especially as writer's like myself like to add visual elements to their stories in the form of pdf/word documents that cannot be seen unless downloaded.

Thanks for reading, and your time in thought.

Vogel~

Gatekat

I would really like two things to change with the 'favorites'.

The first, and biggest, would be to group all favorites by a single artist together. I know I am not the only one who goes to the favorites to find new artists. It would be great not to end up opening the same artist's page time and again because their submissions are scattered about.

It would also be great to be able to select the favorite that is most proponent, just like I can do with my own submissions.