• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

mcgiwer

α of Dream Pack
Personally, I would love to see that when people delete their journals, it does not come up 'Journal has been deleted' but that it would just disappear.
Also, if they allowed you to delete messeges from your in/outboxes.

that should apply to other content types (like art, music, etc.) too

drurowin

I thought of something that may be in the works already, but I thought it'd be cool to have some sort of database read-only API. It would work kinda like a form reader, in that you could see when you receive messages and preview them. Also, maybe allow it to view the front page stuff... 12 arts, 8 stories, poetry, and music. I'm not sure how you do authorization, but it should be easy to include it for things like the mature filter.

Has this been said? Already in the works? Shot down already?

Inhandra

My quick two pennies.

I'd like to see options to specify what my communications panel notifies me on a person to person basis. For instance, I am somewhat of a bitch and I don't care to be notified when people I don't really know write a journal post. Would be nice to have toggles like this for all manner of things.

Soline

My two cents worth

I think Tags need fixing, all tags need to be removed and allowed to begin from scratch with these updates.

1. When you put a tag to your work, if it's a new tag but is similar to others you should be asked if you mean the other (to prevent spelling mistakes, so that there arn't images unfindable with the tag breasts, because the owner tagged it breast or brests. in other words, a system should be built in to keep the tags more concise, so that everyone puts the tag breasts rather than 15 people all with different variations on the spelling

2. Let others add more tags, so frequently I hunt for work but am unable to find it due to lack of a defining tag. So when I see an image missing the tag "gator" let me add that tag.
The spammers and trolls would love this I'm sure so restrict certain tags to the owner (troll, shit, old, rubbish all may be relevant tags, but are also tags trolls would spam everywhere, so only let the uploader add those tags

ryan200

suggestion example: browse to page 30 macro/micro tame

if you find yourself behind in "browsing" a particular "type:" for example lets say your on page 30 of macro/micro tame, their is no good way to go back to that page tomorrow and look for where you left off, besides setting the type again and scrolling down and clicking next 30 times.

you can kinda do it with firefox save session but its not long before furaffinity resets the browse filter and have to start from scratch again.

i understand that a page is dynamic but perhaps a place to put a goto page number with currentlly set filters would be a easy solution to this issue.

sabrinageek

How about a simple button/link on submission pages for "Report this Submission" for things that violate the AUP / TOS?

shentino

That's simple.

Make abusing reporting a violation of its own.

Someone frivolously blows the whistle they get slapped.

And while I'm at it, I'd like to suggest a policy change. If an important thread is getting so much abuse that the mods have to lock it, then it's high time to start dishing out suspensions of perhaps 24 hours or so.

If people are getting so out of control that we can't have a civil enough discussion to keep a thread from getting locked, then the offending parties need to get slapped so that the innocent bystanders remaining can have a civil discussion without the noise.

Last edited:

DarkMeW

Been a long time since I've posted.

I was checking out the submission options for artwork and didn't see an option to disable comments on the artwork and like to make that a suggestion.

Dearc

Dearc Drake
Filter options for Journals based on title, or adding a drop down menu in the journal creation form to select the 'type' of journal that is being posted.
After watching many people, the journal thread gets flooded, as we all know, and the things you are particularly interested can easily be washed away by stuff you are not so inclined to read.
I'm sure this has been recommended.
Filtering Options to list, or not list based on your selection. Selection list including things of keyword nature, like Commission, Meme, Request, Help, ect..
Or, if journal category drop down list is added to the journal form, use those for basis of filtering. Journal Types: WTB, WTS, Meme, RL, Commission, Status, Vacation, ect...
Currently can't find important journals in the swamp of daily meme's going around!

Konda

Filter options for Journals based on title, or adding a drop down menu in the journal creation form to select the 'type' of journal that is being posted.
After watching many people, the journal thread gets flooded, as we all know, and the things you are particularly interested can easily be washed away by stuff you are not so inclined to read.
I'm sure this has been recommended.
Filtering Options to list, or not list based on your selection. Selection list including things of keyword nature, like Commission, Meme, Request, Help, ect..
Or, if journal category drop down list is added to the journal form, use those for basis of filtering. Journal Types: WTB, WTS, Meme, RL, Commission, Status, Vacation, ect...
Currently can't find important journals in the swamp of daily meme's going around!
I like this.
a filter-able "meme" category would be hilarious
Maybe avatar/F5 journals could be another journal type.
By the way what are WTB and WTS?

buni

Novelist
Provide some tools for facilitating crossposting.

I don't use FA as my primary site; I have a CMS for that. However, a fair number of my referrals come from FA. I'd like a means of having an auto-updater so I don't have to manually add every entry that comes out on the site to FA. Some kind of RSS feed tool would be nice so that I can set up a filter on my RSS feed to take anything flagged as "furry" and have it automatically show up on my FA account.

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
Here's a suggestion for an already planned feature:

When introducing "folders" to FA PLEASE also make a "VIEW ALL" feature. Mostly because I can pretty much already see "folder spam" and "infinite folders of emptiness" coming from this where users just create tons of folders that either just contain single submissions or are entirely empty. Plus people on the internet being people on the internet making loads of sub folders all just for a "ha ha you looked" joke.
Both of those where really annoying things I encountered back on VCL so the probability of this being a problem is there at least.

"View all" would pretty much just "override" folders and display all art in ONE folder, this would automatically make it easier to watch ALL art of an artist and battle "folder abuse" while still giving the advantage of being able to sort art in folders as it's meant to be.

deishido

The Black and White Boundary
oh the forums are back up :eek: (I never used them, but whatever)

Uhm, I have no clue if this was mentioned, but there should be a way users can upload work remotely (Ipod, dsi app? :p) I mean something like facebook's system, Each user has a randomly generated email that, If they send a picture to it, it gets uploaded to the site into a mobile upload folder or something. For RL photos of fursuits or various photography things. I have a flakey internet conection so I usually have to send my artwork to someone's email with my phone to get it to whoever requested it. (This would be better implimented if the folders become a real option)

Oh yeah, the commisions info tab. If it's not being implimented, can it be removed? It's really bugs me seeing that then not being able to use it.

(I appologize for my english and spelling. I've been speaking japanese for the last few hours and I'm re-adjusting XD )

HB Bun'

I want to suggest a confirmation message when clicking on the "-watch"-button.
It already happened to me several times, that i accidentally hit the "-watch"-button while browsing through the user page or when wanting to actually click on the "Send Note"-button.

It could be like this then, when clicking on "-watch":

Do you really want to remove [USERNAME] from your watch list?
[YES] [NO]

Last edited:

Konda

I want to suggest a confirmation message when clicking on the "-watch"-button.
It already happened to me several times, that i accidentally hit the "-watch"-button while browsing through the user page or when wanting to actually click on the "Send Note"-button.

It could be like this then, when clicking on "-watch":
When you unwatch you are redirected to a page that says "_____ has been removed from your watch list"
So you could just re-watch them.

Though that's probably what you wanted to avoid in the first place.
Not shooting down your suggestion, just trying to help.

HB Bun'

When you unwatch you are redirected to a page that says "_____ has been removed from your watch list"
So you could just re-watch them.

Though that's probably what you wanted to avoid in the first place.
Not shooting down your suggestion, just trying to help.

Duh, i thought i was doomed to never be able to re-watch them again *rolleyes*

Yet, it does look weird when a friend or someone you know better from the community gets a "xxx has watched you", even though you have had watched him/her a long time before already.
And explaining everytime "Sorry, i accidentallly -watched you" is also kinda annoying.

Konda

yea, makes sense. In a way I should have known but posted anyway just in case. I unwatched/rewatched someone just to make that post. I'm such a maverick.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Has it been mentioned to add a multiple upload thingy? It is a pain in the ass to upload one at a time and often times the browser messes up- causing me to start over. A lot of artist do multiple works at once I imagine it would save them the pain when trying to upload commissions.

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
Has it been mentioned to add a multiple upload thingy? It is a pain in the ass to upload one at a time and often times the browser messes up- causing me to start over. A lot of artist do multiple works at once I imagine it would save them the pain when trying to upload commissions.
I was thinking of this, too. It's a pain when you have five or more pieces to upload and you have to do it all one at a time.

Damn, I forgot what I was thinking about earlier...I had another suggestion but I can't recall. (I'll remember eventually)

Xenke

The only issue I can see with this is flooding. Specifically, flooding by "trolls", and such.

Also, with that type of thing, it's entirely possible for an artist to hijack the mainpage with all of their stuff.

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
The only issue I can see with this is flooding. Specifically, flooding by "trolls", and such.

Also, with that type of thing, it's entirely possible for an artist to hijack the mainpage with all of their stuff.
Shit, good point. Alright, I'd rather just upload pieces one at a time than have flooding and hijacking.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Shit, good point. Alright, I'd rather just upload pieces one at a time than have flooding and hijacking.

What if the system uploaded them all at once but you could only choose which one would be featured?
Or if the system gradually entered them into the system over the time period of like 10-15 mins. I know if I ever upload something it is shoved back to the 2nd page by the time I click browse.

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
What if the system uploaded them all at once but you could only choose which one would be featured?
Or if the system gradually entered them into the system over the time period of like 10-15 mins. I know if I ever upload something it is shoved back to the 2nd page by the time I click browse.
Why would you want to choose which piece gets featured? As an artist, I imagine every piece is significant somehow.