• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

crankycat

I have to unwatch some artists because they constantly send reminders for item's I already know about. Some send those very frequently! I'd like the option to exclude reminders from my notifications. So, it'd need to be possible to mark postings as reminders too of course.

I get why though. I find artists just browsing and running across a reminder for something I hadn't seen. Still, if 80% of my notifications are reminders for ych or auctions then it's too much.

Last edited:

Max Factor

So hey, I was just thinking. I remember reading that old notifications had been purged and I imagine that's alot of storage. Maybe there could be an option to suspend notifications in the user settings? Perhaps, automatically set it if an account is disabled. How many notifications are stacked up for disabled accounts now?

Chu-toy

Dear FA Team. I would like to ask that "Goblin" be added into the list of species tags. Considering similar fantasy creatures such as "Orc" have a tag under the "Exotic" category.

I find artwork of goblins almost every time I log on to furaffinity, and I draw goblins quite often myself. Would you please consider this?

Alison Savros

Deceased
Dear FA Team. I would like to ask that "Goblin" be added into the list of species tags. Considering similar fantasy creatures such as "Orc" have a tag under the "Exotic" category.

I find artwork of goblins almost every time I log on to furaffinity, and I draw goblins quite often myself. Would you please consider this?
Or, even better, an option to add a custom species category so the artist can manually type in what species their character or subject is when a category isn't on the list? You know, kind of like what Furiffic does. It would be very helpful for people who do open or closed species, which are typically animals that don't exist in real life. I don't do any open or closed species myself, but I don't think there's such thing as JINOes in real life.

N

Nyro46

I won't make a new thread for this suggestion, as I see someone else has already done so, but still want to mention it again anyway (just to input my two cents) -

I really think that the blocking system on FA should be updated so that blocked users cannot see your account/posts/uploads, similarly to how DeviantArt has done and other newer websites seem to be implementing as well (and on top of the blocked users not being able to see your stuff, but you can't see theirs, either).

This is a bigger concern with me especially since I have had bad experiences with some users in the past and with a particular guy stalking and watching me. I kind of don't want to upload to FA right now since even though I have guest block turned on, this one guy in particular has an account so even though I have blocked him, he can still check my account to see what I have uploaded, etc. Moreover, I can see the other guy's comments occasionally on art of people I watch, and kinda would rather not be reminded he exists (he is active on DA, whereas the stalker guy isn't as active, but still has an account anyway).

I've seen that luffy mentioned they were working on updating the blocking system, which is great to hear, and I hope that this will be implemented soon. ^^

also a tag system like on e621 would be great but a ton of people have already mentioned this so I'll just shush

Pupzilla

Kemonomimi Enthusiest
(What is the difference between this thread and the rest of the suggestion forum? how confusing)

I am desperately pleading for a different mature filter for Gore vs Sexual content. I follow a lot of adult artists because I enjoy their content but I really can't stomach gore in the slightest, sometimes people experiment and post a gore piece and that's super fine they're totally within their right, but it actually physically makes me sick so I'd really love the option for better filters for that. Violence and sex really shouldn't all be put in the same category anyway.

Dusty779

How about adding a new 'Type' to browsing? Scat/mess/gross... so those who want to can skip seeing it all the time in the 'Fetish Other' section...

Friesiansteed

I bet the site could use a new feature in the form of browse/search page tick window for excluding stuff that falls under the new category and/or tagged as "advertisement" form of submission and a site rules update referring to that.

There's a huge abundance of material that does not fall under any category or actually gets marked by people as "general" when it comes to "ych" advertisement submissions. At some days the browse page content is 90% Ych reminders, ads, character auctions and stuff like this, while the actual new artwork gets mixed up with repetitive and increasingly annoying advertisement bloat.

Easiest solution is:
- Browse/search page tick to exclude material that AIN'T actual visual artwork of any kind (or unfinished since that's what scraps are for!).
- Special submission category in "submit" panel to mark such submissions for easy finding and filtering.
- T.O.S. Update regulating the rules of proper submission type tagging with special mention of "repetitive offenders" to the rule. One YCH submisison is enough and "reminders" should be posted ONLY by strict policy of not multi-posting and using the proper submission tagging, as stated above.

Tiny community effort can bring about a HUGE profit to everyone.
Artists will have easier time being seen when someone actually WANTS to get art (the watchers would get their submission alerts just as they did till now) and pervs like me and thousands more will not have to cherry pick actual art that rarely happens inbetween Ych's, factory-style ads and non-artistic more or less valuable stuff.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I have noticed that when the site makes users 'wait 5 seconds' for DDOS protection, this is associated with Two-Factor Authentication not working. The forum accepts passwords, but does not send out codes to complete the login; I had to use a back-up code today.

Rhio2k

Re: Official Suggestion Thread

Personally, I want to see an "enhanced" profile page allowing the user to upload a custom picture, accompanied with more information about them, akin to how DeviantArt handles their profile information.
This, plus allow us to input our birthdate in the site profile so it automatically updates the gae on our profile page. Odd to display age, but not automatically increase it every year. I just checked my profile: still 35. Also, maybe you could include a "Today is the birthday of these users in your watchlist" notification, so viewers can of their own volition can wish you a happy birthday, instead of you having to go "happy birthday begging" via Journal post (which I refuse to do). Maybe even an automated Happy Birthday from the FA site itself, like how Facebook handles it.

D

Deleted member 82554

Add encryption to FA. You know, that security thing which is standard with most modern websites.

A

AshketheWolf

New, so it's very possible this feature exists. Please tell me if it does and I'm missing it.

What I would like is the ability to make notes for art I have added to my favorites. Additionally/alternatively, the ability to sort favorites into folders would be helpful.

Thanks. : )

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
Not with Samsung Internet there ain't.
Are you referring to the default Android browser on Samsung devices?

I just looked at FA (albeit using https:// in the url) and the lock icon persisted throughout a short tour of my gallery. FA was known to not default to HTTPS if you key in the URL without it, but there is a setting in the user control panel to make https the default:

---PCJ

D

Deleted member 82554

No, I'm referring to the app Samsung Internet. I use it across multiple devices. Either it doesn't support https encryption with certain websites or FA is not coded for it. I have no issues with Chrome.

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
No, I'm referring to the app Samsung Internet. I use it across multiple devices. Either it doesn't support https encryption with certain websites or FA is not coded for it. I have no issues with Chrome.
<looks at the app on his Note 4>

Yes, that's the one I used. I went to my gallery page typing in the url with https:// and it remained as such as I moved about my homepage and gallery. I wasn't logged in, so I don't suppose the 'force https' setting had any effect:

Attachments

• samsung internet screenshot FA.jpg
    samsung internet screenshot FA.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 30
N

Nyro46

This is to do with FAF itself and not the main site.
It would probably be a good idea for when you block users on here, if you were previously in a conversation with them, that it automatically removes you from the conversation so the blocked user can't STILL contact you.
This just happened to me now and I didn't know I had to manually leave the conversation so the blocked user couldn't contact me :/

sirAB123

What I suggest might have (or defiantly) been mentioned before. A better tagging system would be nice (much like that of e621) but also for you to use that tagging system in someone's gallery's and our favorites tab. The other suggestion is something I'm sure someone has said, is to have a page system, because I think I can speak for a few others when I say that going through searches, gallery's, favorites, etc. one page at a time can be a major slog.

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
Not seeing anything of an artist after blocking them would be nice. I blocked two artists who just post a ton of adopts on the same base but when I search adopts I still see their art!