• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Stratelier

So far I'm hating it a LOT less than dA's new site design (which changed the look & feel too much).

Question: Now that the Browse filters occupy a permanent column on the right side of the page (aside: THANK YOU for none of that infinite-scrolling nonsense), can they be made to not scroll off your window when you're scrolling down the page?

Also, now might be a good opportunity to think of a permanent-URL scheme for the Browse page (not used by default, but available as an option if you want to send somebody a specific page). Aaaand the click-for-description overlays broke :(

Oh, and on certain small-resolution browsers (such as a Nintendo 3DS) the Browse options popup is displayed by default and will not dismiss, making the page impossible to actually browse. This does not occur on all browsers (e.g. shrinking my Firefox window to a small width does not replicate the problem; the popup panel hides by default and on click just as it's supposed to)

Last edited:

Malachi The Wolfo

who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes
i feel like there should be a separate lgbtq+ forum for people to make their own threads pertaining to things lgbtq+, i dunno it's just an idea i've had, unless i can do that in general discussion, but i would like to see a forum for lgbtq+ threads

quoting_mungo

i feel like there should be a separate lgbtq+ forum for people to make their own threads pertaining to things lgbtq+, i dunno it's just an idea i've had, unless i can do that in general discussion, but i would like to see a forum for lgbtq+ threads
You can absolutely do that in General Discussion; there’s a few active threads like that on there now.

Giana36

Spoiler text and Vocaroo embeds in the forums. And for the main site, the ability for users to add links to mixer user page if they want to.

DeathIsNier

I honestly do not mind the moderd UI--it really is better than alot of other "modern" looks which sites shove on thier users. The one MAJOR issue which I see it the removal of the mini-gallery from below each submission. I absolutely loved it and it is the only reason for which I will be sticking with the classic UI.

Besides tha, I also highly reccomend forum and main-site account integration, and e621 level tagging. Though others have already suggested those.

kodiakqueen

since users can now request to delete their old accounts, what about having accounts that have been permanently banned,impersonating someone, or abandoned deleted? that could free up some clutter Id imagine. I think that should be implemented.

Rayd

philosophy & psychology nerd
Also, an ability to preview BBcode on submissions and journals before you post them, similar to the forums here would be nice. I couldn't count the amount of times I made an embarrassing mistake that I had to fix AFTER I already submitted whatever I was typing.

Stratelier

It's nice to see the popup descriptions fixed, but when viewing the site on small resolutions, instead of having the popups always disabled how about making them just disabled by default? There is NO alternative to the popup description functionality; if the user wants to enable them on a small resolution then let them.

I also wouldn't mind a user preference to just disable the small-resolution theme entirely.

Stratelier

I was going to suggest this as well. I don't think (not knowing any coding behind the site) that it would be hard to implement it, since the code is already present in the gallery section.
Not knowing any specific coding either, the favorites table typically contains three things: ID of a given piece, ID of who faved it, and timestamp when. (Plus a primary key assigned to distinguish individual rows inside the table, which is not otherwise widely used).

The query for a user's favorites gallery must already join in individual picture data (to know the title, rating, etc.) so it should be quite trivial to sort a favorites gallery by the same options available to a user's own gallery.

Ank57

Big Pikachu
There have been lots of suggestions about what we should (and shouldn't) do with FA, what we should add, what features we could improve. If you have a suggestion for FA, let's hear it! Mockups are greatly appreciated as well.

Please do not post bugs, or items that appear to be bugs, in this thread! These go here.

(Thank you, in advance, for all reports :))

===

Our first priority is cleaning up bugs and other issues with FA, but once we finish there, we can take a better look at what needs improvement.

[edited: uncia]
More diversity when it comes to Pokemon in the species thing (don't know what it's called)

Stratelier

More diversity when it comes to Pokemon in the species thing (don't know what it's called)
How about 'no' ? If you want to filter by something specific, that's what the Search function is for. THIS BEING SAID, however, the non-ability of integrating Browse and Search options is a major problem (e.g. why isn't it possible to filter by the Browse page's "Pokemon" option while also searching for a specific Pokemon name?)....

On the topic of the low-resolution / "mobile" design, I discovered another problem -- the tendency to auto-size submissions to fit the available width ultimately violates the ability of a web browser to Zoom In / Out on the page.

Make the mobile design the default assumption for low-resolution browsers, sure, but in the end leave it up to the USER to determine which design is better for them.

furryboy12

make the quote system so when you quote someone you don't have all of the text that the other user has and the QUOTE stuff its just really annoying

Cilenomon

Dragon
Blocking a user should not show their posts in browse or search. I blocked a user for art that bothered me, but it was still showing in browse so it didn't even matter.
Agree. This is an important missing feature that should really be implemented.
A way to hide certain account, either by blocking them or any other options should be made possible. The "other" option that isn't the block could still allow user interaction & seeing their art, but while browsing / searching, the user account that you hid would not show at all.

Guitar_Gyro

How about an Official FurAffinity Discord Server? Obviously, JUST one will be waaaaaaaaaaaaay too small, so there will be mulitiple servers that are copies with links to each other. (Example: Fur Affinity 1, Fur Affinity 2, Fur Affinity 3, etc). Fine details can be worked out later, I'm just throwing it out there for now. What do you think? Pretty good idea, right?

Last edited:

Ank57

Big Pikachu
How about an Official FurAffinity Discord Server? Obviously, JUST one will be waaaaaaaaaaaaay too small, so there will be mulitiple servers that are copies with links to each other. (Example: Fur Affinity 1, Fur Affinity 2, Fur Affinity 3, etc). Fine details can be worked out later, I'm just throwing it out there for now. What do you think? Pretty good idea, right?
I don't have Discord so if this gets done I wouldn't be able to join :(

I really miss when the FA groups profile was a thing so it would be nice to have a group feature where people can make groups and join them. it would help share content and make friends a lot easier I think!

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
I access FA from an iPad often, and accessing my notes is just a little annoying. The way I've found is that I can click the little arrow next to my profile image, but it's reaaaally small on mobile and usually I end up hitting my profile name and go to my profile page instead of pulling the dragdown that lets me select "view my notes". Putting notes in the list of stuff you can access like "gallery" and "scraps" would make it slightly more convenient. This isn't urgent in the slightest, just a minor mobile annoyance.

anonfoxer

trans girl, arctic fox, dingus.
Thing I would LOVE to see would be a Tag Blacklist. Please. Seriously.

There are a lot of things that get covered by the SFW Filter that I don't want to see, even if I have the SFW filter turned off (example: extreme gore.)

Theres also a surprising number of things that are, for lack of a better phrasing, clearly fetishized that don't get stopped by the SFW filter, which makes even browsing with it on a bit risky.

A tag blacklist would NOT be hard to implement, seeing as several other major platforms have already added them in (tumblr and e926/e621 for some examples), and it really, really, really needs to happen on furaffinity.