• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I have an idea to reduce the spamming of YCH reminders. In addition to making it against the rules, you could provide a better alternative by offering to keep an updated catalogue of sorts in the form of a standard FA page where anyone wishing to advertize their auction could send it to be classified in neat little categories where it would be easy for customers to find what they're looking for. And they would be directed to this page by an ad. So instead of spamming the front page and having their auction seen by maybe 24 largely uninterested people, they could effortlessly have it seen by potentially thousands of people who would be specifically looking for it.

You could even have YCH makers pay a small fee to use this service, by linking it to a kofi page or making it available only to subscribers.
If it works, it could not only reduce an annoying spam problem, but also help YCH makers a great deal, as well as their customers who would more easily find something they like. And it could also provide an incentive for site subscriptions.

Really do believe someone should look into all the various Discord advertising threads laying about.

Either enforce and moderate some sort of rule that all threads advertising discord links or asking people to check out their community servers or fur servers should be posted in the link sharing board(Not sure I agree on the name "video and link share" for that board as there's already a TV video and film board).

Or just make a board or sub board specifically to advertise discord servers or share discord links. You see several threads in community discussion, I'd vouch for there not being much discussion or community related discussion to a thread telling people to check out their discord server.

Deiser

PLEASE upgrade the block feature to prevent a blocked person from seeing a blocker's activity (such as uploads or favorites). In order to show the reasoning for this request, I need to explain the situation so you guys can see how ineffective the current block feature is when blocked people are still allowed to view a person's gallery and favorites, and are only blocked from posting to, or replying to the person blocking them.

For the past several years, I've been followed by a stalker who keeps posting on my commissioned art (if it wasn't about Sedire, my cat-succubus) about how happy he was that it was not about her (or if he didn't use the name, he would refer to her as "a certain cat-bat"). Initially I ignored it, but it got extremely uncomfortable (before I blocked him, he kept begging me to not use the character) and eventually blocked him. I thought it would be over after that.

I was startled then to see that he continued making those comments on my commissions on the artists' pages. I asked him to stop and called him out on his stalking, and he claimed that he merely coincidentally followed the artists. I took a look at his "following" list, and he literally did not follow any of the artists that I did. Furthermore, he'd almost always make these "cat-bat" messages a mere few minutes after I had favorited it in my gallery, and never before then. That's when I realized that he's effectively been stalking me by checking my favorites for new things and posting in those new uploads on the artist's page.

I've tried to report him and all I was told was to ask the artist to block him. While I understand that those are the rules, this does not fix the base issue: that this person constantly harrasses me by posting in my commissions on the artists' pages and ruining the fun I've had in getting said pics. The ONLY way he could know about said pictures, especially when he only posts after I've favorited the art, is because he can still see my activity and favorites.

I'm not sure why the block feature merely disables the harrasser from contacting you directly but lets them continue to see your activity, when it's clear that someone who is blocking someone else does NOT want that person to continue bullying them and (in this case) stalking them. I ask you to change the block function to prevent someone who is blocked from observing any of the activity on the blocker's page. I would understand if the person blocked merely stumbled into one piece of art, but allowing the blocked person to observe a blocker's activity lets them continue to harrass said person.

Last edited:

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
A thought.
Since we have the option to choose category and theme when we upload stuff to the main site would it be possible to do the following:

Add a sort of ‘Opt out’ option to the user settings so you can click on the stuff you want to see on the main page and in your searches. So for example if you have no interest in seeing ‘Sonic’ or ‘Vore’ then you just leave those boxes blank. I also realise this does loop back to the old problem of people not tagging their work correctly but I think more people categorise their stuff correctly even if the maturity setting slips under their radar.

Last edited:

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would it be possible to add a simple heart as a reaction to people's posts?
Added.
A thought.
Since we have the option to choose category and theme when we upload stuff to the main site would it be possible to do the following:

Add a sort of ‘Opt out’ option to the user settings so you can click on the stuff you want to see on the main page and in your searches. So for example if you have no interest in seeing ‘Sonic’ or ‘Vore’ then you just leave those boxes blank. I also realise this does loop back to the old problem of people not tagging their work correctly but I think more people categorise their stuff correctly even if the maturity setting slips under their radar.
This is on our list.
PLEASE upgrade the block feature to prevent a blocked person from seeing a blocker's activity (such as uploads or favorites). In order to show the reasoning for this request, I need to explain the situation so you guys can see how ineffective the current block feature is when blocked people are still allowed to view a person's gallery and favorites, and are only blocked from posting to, or replying to the person blocking them.

For the past several years, I've been followed by a stalker who keeps posting on my commissioned art (if it wasn't about Sedire, my cat-succubus) about how happy he was that it was not about her (or if he didn't use the name, he would refer to her as "a certain cat-bat"). Initially I ignored it, but it got extremely uncomfortable (before I blocked him, he kept begging me to not use the character) and eventually blocked him. I thought it would be over after that.

I was startled then to see that he continued making those comments on my commissions on the artists' pages. I asked him to stop and called him out on his stalking, and he claimed that he merely coincidentally followed the artists. I took a look at his "following" list, and he literally did not follow any of the artists that I did. Furthermore, he'd almost always make these "cat-bat" messages a mere few minutes after I had favorited it in my gallery, and never before then. That's when I realized that he's effectively been stalking me by checking my favorites for new things and posting in those new uploads on the artist's page.

I've tried to report him and all I was told was to ask the artist to block him. While I understand that those are the rules, this does not fix the base issue: that this person constantly harrasses me by posting in my commissions on the artists' pages and ruining the fun I've had in getting said pics. The ONLY way he could know about said pictures, especially when he only posts after I've favorited the art, is because he can still see my activity and favorites.

I'm not sure why the block feature merely disables the harrasser from contacting you directly but lets them continue to see your activity, when it's clear that someone who is blocking someone else does NOT want that person to continue bullying them and (in this case) stalking them. I ask you to change the block function to prevent someone who is blocked from observing any of the activity on the blocker's page. I would understand if the person blocked merely stumbled into one piece of art, but allowing the blocked person to observe a blocker's activity lets them continue to harrass said person.
This is on our list.
Really do believe someone should look into all the various Discord advertising threads laying about.

Either enforce and moderate some sort of rule that all threads advertising discord links or asking people to check out their community servers or fur servers should be posted in the link sharing board(Not sure I agree on the name "video and link share" for that board as there's already a TV video and film board).

Or just make a board or sub board specifically to advertise discord servers or share discord links. You see several threads in community discussion, I'd vouch for there not being much discussion or community related discussion to a thread telling people to check out their discord server.
Please report any threads that you would like us to look into.
I have an idea to reduce the spamming of YCH reminders. In addition to making it against the rules, you could provide a better alternative by offering to keep an updated catalogue of sorts in the form of a standard FA page where anyone wishing to advertize their auction could send it to be classified in neat little categories where it would be easy for customers to find what they're looking for. And they would be directed to this page by an ad. So instead of spamming the front page and having their auction seen by maybe 24 largely uninterested people, they could effortlessly have it seen by potentially thousands of people who would be specifically looking for it.

You could even have YCH makers pay a small fee to use this service, by linking it to a kofi page or making it available only to subscribers.
If it works, it could not only reduce an annoying spam problem, but also help YCH makers a great deal, as well as their customers who would more easily find something they like. And it could also provide an incentive for site subscriptions.
This is already against our rules. Please report any submissions or users you see spamming. We have ideas for future YCH improvements, which potentially includes creating their own section.

MM13

I think the opposite when it comes to blocking, I mean what if you actually like that person and want to see their work because they've blocked you? There should be at least a way to download that person's gallery.

D

Deleted member 82554

Would it be possible to add a simple heart as a reaction to people's posts?
In addition to this can there also be a burger icon? I feel this would make a great addition, like a brb getting something to eat, or maybe even implied vore.

Stratelier

With the addition of the NSFW/SFW switch to FA, here's an idea: Sometimes I would rather not receive NSFW notifications when that switch is set to SFW mode. (I generally have short login sessions on mainsite, but seeing a notification number that appears "out of sync" with the actual notifications always feels just a bit weird.)

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
I would like to propose the addition of a crown emoji! For that royal touch.

Also can I be the official forum Queen? :D

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo
It'd be nice if comments, especially trolling comments could be truly deleted instead of 'comment hidden' on pages and journals, that way pages can be cleaned up from troll's spam.

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo

Yakamaru

I put the fun in dysfunctional
Would possibly like to see a relationship forum. Maybe with an advice section, looking for relationship, and other things.
Hmm. This could be a good idea to be honest.

Lots of singles out there looking for a partner.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Would it be possible to add a toggle for receiving automated Emails when someones sends another user a note?

I see there's an option to receive an Email notification for PMs here on the forums, but I couldn't find one on the main site. Would be pretty nice I think!

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
A sick green faced emoji added to express disgust or discomfort to a post. It would have been appropriate for many things I have seen here over the years XD