• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A sick green faced emoji added to express disgust or discomfort to a post. It would have been appropriate for many things I have seen here over the years XD
I've considered something like this but adding more ways for toxicity to be expressed is not a great idea, even if it's used in a joking manner.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would possibly like to see a relationship forum. Maybe with an advice section, looking for relationship, and other things.
I think that other sites, such as furry dating sites, have this covered for us. Advice topics are allowed in other parts of the forum that are already accessible.

[Nexus]

Cyber Derg
I've considered something like this but adding more ways for toxicity to be expressed is not a great idea, even if it's used in a joking manner.
This is a good point. I didn't think of that.

[Nexus]

Cyber Derg
I need an eggplant.

For reasons.
1605977177298.png

Go to your room

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
There are loads of accounts with names like 'CharlaVine' that appear and are banned within 1 day.

What are these? Bots looking to promote advertising?

Does the forum remove them automatically?

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are loads of accounts with names like 'CharlaVine' that appear and are banned within 1 day.

What are these? Bots looking to promote advertising?

Does the forum remove them automatically?
They match IPs blocked by the StopForumSpam index so I destroy them lol. But yeah, they're phishers.

Yakamaru

Synthwave Wolf
They match IPs blocked by the StopForumSpam index so I destroy them lol. But yeah, they're phishers.
For some reason I imagined you sitting there cackling like a mad scientist as you see these bot accounts popping up.
Totally not what I would've done, by the way

Yakamaru

Synthwave Wolf
More like groaning and hating that they make like 30 accounts a day I have to kill lol
"BEHOLD! THE SHINY BAN BUTTON!"
2bto9v.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. Please don't ban. >:

[Nexus]

Cyber Derg
I used to be able to just copy and paste animated images and gifs, but now I have to download them and then upload them through the "attach files" for them to work. Any chance you can manage to change this and make it as easy to post gifs like the last time the forum was up?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Is 'StopForumSpam' a website link that provides the IPs?
Perhaps it's possible to make a script that automatically checks newly registered user IPs and bans the accounts

Yakamaru

Synthwave Wolf
That's a hell of a risky move for FA, especially with how the fandom at large is constructed.
How would you police it to ensure grooming and the like could not occur?
That's.. Actually a really valid point and one that does bring out a lot of concern. Probably better not to do a relationship thing after all.

quoting_mungo

Is 'StopForumSpam' a website link that provides the IPs?
Perhaps it's possible to make a script that automatically checks newly registered user IPs and bans the accounts
I know there’s plugins to do that for other forum software, so there might be for XenForo, too. Though with the tendency for XenForo plugins to have monthly costs, who knows if it would actually be feasible to use. :/

Protodevil

Hello!
I have a suggestion to improve search and make it much more relevant for everyone.
Exclude words: words that should be excluded from results.
Tickbox: "Exclude blocked"(when ticked all things from accounts personally blocked by user are excluded from search).

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
It's kind of a weird idea to put recent favs in my opinion, when it seems like more than half the population of FA are Fav-Rapists and that category will likely fill out so fast with redundancies it'll prove useless for anything other than overexposing overexposed art.

It would do just as well if not better to have a Random Submissions category or recents for different media or genres. I saw in a layout someone did that they had a space for recent story submissions. If there was something like that for that, flash, and music on the frontpage, it might do well to encourage people to submit those different types of media more often since they'll be less likely to get lost in the sauce.

Or if it wouldn't be too taxing on the code and if it's possible, try something where the user can select the frontpage content they want to see (Sort of like a MyFurAffinity type thing, like Yahoo/Charter/AOL/other ISP homepages).

We could also make favorites a selection-based things, similar to DA or Steam. You can pick which of your favorites you want to permanently display, without future favorites cluttering or moving them back. I do like your media differentiation idea. I think writing and music submissions do not get nearly enough love. Maybe we could do something to make music and writing submission icons separate from the file? So artists can make their writing and music stand out more...?