• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

FormerUser

minors shouldn't be using the site to begin with
Minors don't belong in the furry fandom as the fandom is inherently fetishistic in nature, and ideally they should be barred from this forum

also reminder that what is being requested is the banning of discussion revolving around content that I can provably show can be found at your local bookstore or even in theaters in some cases. By extension such a rule would bar the positive discussion of artistic media you can buy off the shelf at a Books A Million for $12.99
Furthermore, this is a furry forum. What is a furry forum really for but to discuss furry content and the furry fandom at large? Or are we supposed to close our ears and pretend that Inkbunny doesn't exist and that FA never hosted cub art? Or am I expected to lie and say I don't like Inkbunny and that I fully support the rule changes on FA?
That is a very narrow view of the fandom.

it is incredibly diverse, but definitely has a leaning in the adult side.

Senip

Could we implement a watcher only option for Uploads and/or Descriptions?

Examples where this could be useful
  • Story descriptions, Giving the uploader the ability to show a brief section of a story. Only those who watch the uploader on FA will see the full story. This could be implemented with something custom but similar to BBCode with [watchers] [/watchers]
  • Uploads, This watcher only concept would help with watcher exclusives from Artists when they upload 'YCH' or 'Adopts'.
Description Example with the [watchers] tag

This part will be viewable to anyone,
[watchers] This part can only be viewed by watchers. [/watchers]

Final Thoughts

I think this would be an interesting concept to get others to watch more people on FA if they enjoy what they see.

This also opens the concept to make an upload readable by FA+ members. This would essentially remove 3rd party sites such as Patreon. Another way to look at it is a built in Patreon. Rather than going to another site, It's all on one site. Making FA+ more desirable and to see exclusives from their favorite artist. Which could help fuel the income for FurAffinity as a whole. With the increase of revenue, This could help FA purchase new server parts.

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Could we implement a watcher only option for Uploads and/or Descriptions?

Examples where this could be useful
  • Story descriptions, Giving the uploader the ability to show a brief section of a story. Only those who watch the uploader on FA will see the full story. This could be implemented with something custom but similar to BBCode with [watchers] [/watchers]
  • Uploads, This watcher only concept would help with watcher exclusives from Artists when they upload 'YCH' or 'Adopts'.
Description Example with the [watchers] tag

This part will be viewable to anyone,
[watchers] This part can only be viewed by watchers. [/watchers]

Final Thoughts

I think this would be an interesting concept to get others to watch more people on FA if they enjoy what they see.
This also opens the concept to make an upload readable by FA+ members, A built in Patreon which could help fuel the income for FurAffinity as a whole. Pushing people to get FA+ to see exclusives from their favorite artist.

I DO like that deviantart did this because it sort of removes the need for Patreon. BUT, I do personally find it annoying that I'd have to watch someone to see a pic. It's not going to inspire me to watch someone just to view one image. If anything, it's going to irritate me seeing all of these blurred thumbnails on the front page. I watch an artist because I value their work and quality, but it's gonna make them harder to discover if I can't see what they're uploading! I also see a lot of future Watch and Unwatches if this should be implemented.

Senip

I DO like that deviantart did this because it sort of removes the need for Patreon. BUT, I do personally find it annoying that I'd have to watch someone to see a pic. It's not going to inspire me to watch someone just to view one image. If anything, it's going to irritate me seeing all of these blurred thumbnails on the front page. I watch an artist because I value their work and quality, but it's gonna make them harder to discover if I can't see what they're uploading! I also see a lot of future Watch and Unwatches if this should be implemented.
I do understand the annoyance of that, but I was thinking something similar to the SFW option on FA. You just wont even see it or notice it. It would be invisible to anyone not watching them.
I was also seeing it as, Artists posting finished Illustrations viewable by everyone. Then they can open commission slots for Watchers only.

Bluefluffy

Plushy Fusky
It'd be nice if comments, especially trolling comments could be truly deleted instead of 'comment hidden' on pages and journals, that way pages can be cleaned up from troll's spam.
i would simply just love to be able to view all the comments ive made in the past in the "manage my content" settings area

I clean my note inbox regularly and have forgotten to fav and save some of the art I've commissioned. I did have a comment posted on it but i just cant find it back (the artist probably used a vague title and no tags). Im sure many people have similar issues like this as well.

Bluefluffy

Plushy Fusky
i would simply just love to be able to view all the comments ive made in the past in the "manage my content" settings area

I clean my note inbox regularly and have forgotten to fav and save some of the art I've commissioned. I did have a comment posted on it but i just cant find it back (the artist probably used a vague title and no tags). Im sure many people have similar issues like this as well.
Im talking about the main site btw :p not the forum because if i remember well, the forum does have this option

Stratelier

Can we maybe ditch/toggle the script that dynamically auto-resizes images (especially at full view!) to fit the available window space?

Case example, one of my watched artists uploaded a montage of sketches which clocks in at 1000x2300 or so. Almost nobody runs a desktop 2000+ pixels tall, making it literally impossible to just view the image at full size (even though the full-size image is, in fact, loaded at full size and dynamically scaled down).

After all, "full view" means FULL ACTUAL SIZE DAMMIT!

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
Event Coordinator/Organizer maybe?

Events are always fun to have, though would it be possible to have someone like that for the forum?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Rule 1.1
forbids any promotion of federal crimes.
However it is also stated that promoting cannabis use will be accepted, despite this being a federal crime.
So this is a contradiction in the site's first rule.

I suggest this be re-phrased to state that portrayal of drug use in art won't automatically be interpreted as promotion of illegal activity, but that attempts to advertise cannabis products or journals advocating their consumption will be.

quoting_mungo

Rule 1.1
forbids any promotion of federal crimes.
However it is also stated that promoting cannabis use will be accepted, despite this being a federal crime.
So this is a contradiction in the site's first rule.

I suggest this be re-phrased to state that portrayal of drug use in art won't automatically be interpreted as promotion of illegal activity, but that attempts to advertise cannabis products or journals advocating their consumption will be.
Cannabis usage is an explicit exception because it’s been legalized in so many states. Illegal activity in art is already allowed anyway. Exceptions are not self-contradictions. I’ll totally concede that the wording could be more clear on that point, however.

Fallowfox

Cannabis usage is an explicit exception because it’s been legalized in so many states. Illegal activity in art is already allowed anyway. Exceptions are not self-contradictions. I’ll totally concede that the wording could be more clear on that point, however.

I thought about it because I came across content promoting cannabis consumption- and a lot of users could still face prosecution or serious penalties if they were caught / the content is visible to the site's teenage users.

imo the risk with illegal drugs isn't always that recreational drugs are inherently bad anyway- but if they exist as illicit products in an unregulated market then their purity can't be assured / restrictions to prevent teenagers accessing them are not enforced.

Infernums

If you read this you're cursed to Draw
Hello, i'm new here and if i'm posting in the wrong section i'm sorry.
I would like to suggest an API for Programmers if is that possible, i'm trying to implement an program that help artists with comms to make it more easier. Thanks for the attention.

----
Edited: Also is there any way possible to make the url links open with target="_blank"?
Edited²: Also is there any way to implement an report button in profiles? Just found an botter yesterday and it was kinda hard to report immediatly.

Last edited:

goodpuns

Weird dude, Terrible Artist
I would love a way to download a list of the post IDs of all my favs, so that I can make an external gallery to use to browse them.

At one point in my past I made a simple script that nabs the URLs of every post as I page through my favs for this purpose, but I have 233 pages of favourites now! Trying to scrape that would actually have an impact.

Bonus points if there can be a way to nab a JSON file of each image URL and some post metadata. I understand that high traffic from botting is a concern - but I feel that botting could be lessened by giving people bulk download options so they don't have to manually nab everything.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

I would love a way to download a list of the post IDs of all my favs, so that I can make an external gallery to use to browse them.

At one point in my past I made a simple script that nabs the URLs of every post as I page through my favs for this purpose, but I have 233 pages of favourites now! Trying to scrape that would actually have an impact.

Bonus points if there can be a way to nab a JSON file of each image URL and some post metadata. I understand that high traffic from botting is a concern - but I feel that botting could be lessened by giving people bulk download options so they don't have to manually nab everything.

There are some firefox plugins that enable downloading a whole page of links at once.
Which reduces your task to 233 clicks.

If you search stackexchange for firefox plugin recommendations it might yield useful advice.

Fallowfox

Could the staff issue clarification about off-site harm and how it related to use of the forum?

For example, I know that if the staff were presented with evidence that somebody was sexually grooming teenagers over the internet on different forums, that they wouldn't allow them to have a forum account here.

I want to know how this would relate to other activities- support for terrorism has recently become relevant- but I also think that online scams is something there should be a plan for- because somebody seeking to scam users will come along sooner or later.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
For example, I know that if the staff were presented with evidence that somebody was sexually grooming teenagers over the internet on different forums, that they wouldn't allow them to have a forum account here.

I feel like this would be a mess/huge burden. 1. How would they know this information is accurate/true and then 2, how would they know the private info of said people in order to ban them in advance? There would no doubt be a lot of bad news if it ever comes out that they blocked someone that was innocent. :/

Fallowfox

I feel like this would be a mess/huge burden. 1. How would they know this information is accurate/true and then 2, how would they know the private info of said people in order to ban them in advance? There would no doubt be a lot of bad news if it ever comes out that they blocked someone that was innocent. :/

The most obvious example is that a user lists a social media account they have on their profile- and the offending content is on that account.

I believe in 2018 that standard was used by the forum staff to ban a user who had posted screeds about Jewish people on their tumblr account.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
The most obvious example is that a user lists a social media account they have on their profile- and the offending content is on that account.

I believe in 2018 that standard was used by the forum staff to ban a user who had posted screeds about Jewish people on their tumblr account.
But with the online world it's easy to impersonate. Not saying it's wrong to seek or brainstorm some sort of solution to the problem, but to me it doesn't make sense to put the burden of investigation on a furry-appreciation site. The first person I'd take it to is the relevant law enforcement.