• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Weirdo9018

Artist?
Sorry if this has been suggested but I’d like to be able to categorize my favorites (story, art, date) and submitting more than one piece of art would be cool too

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
Mind if I suggest staff putting infractions on people who abuse the report function?

A report is something that should be used to highlight an actual issue on the forum and/or the main site, not used as a means of potentially indirectly targeting people through this system or wasting the limited time staff already have over petty squabbles between users. It's something that I have seen implemented in both an official and unofficial manner on other forums/sites and I've been contemplating suggesting it as well on here for a long time.

This to prevent abuse of said report system and free up time for staff so they can do other necessary tasks, among other things.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Code of Conduct's one step ahead of you. Emphasis on the last paragraph,

3. Fur Affinity and You​

3.1 Do not disrespect site staff or abuse the ticket system.​

Our staff is currently made up of volunteers who perform duties that are difficult and time consuming. Please refrain from needless harassment, insults, and arguing as it interferes with the ability for staff to perform their duties. Keep contact with staff concerning issues with Fur Affinity to the ticket system. Do not misrepresent site policies or staff actions, suggest that you have special privilege with staff, or retaliate against other users over staff action.

Trouble ticket abuse includes opening multiple tickets for the same problem, using the prospect of a report as leverage against another user, and encouraging other users to create additional reports for the same violation. If you disagree with a staff member's ruling you may ask to have an issue escalated but may not re-open the escalated ticket after a ruling is made.
It doesn't explicitly say "You'll be infracted if you do this", but it's something of a given as a Code of Conduct that has no enforcement is a Code of Conduct that's quite useless.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Mind if I suggest staff putting infractions on people who abuse the report function?

A report is something that should be used to highlight an actual issue on the forum and/or the main site, not used as a means of potentially indirectly targeting people through this system or wasting the limited time staff already have over petty squabbles between users. It's something that I have seen implemented in both an official and unofficial manner on other forums/sites and I've been contemplating suggesting it as well on here for a long time.

This to prevent abuse of said report system and free up time for staff so they can do other necessary tasks, among other things.
Just to add, and the mods can correct they definitely know, if you aren't doing anything wrong, the staff by definition won't infract you. But I think abusing the report function wantonly is an infraction-worthy offense.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Just to add, and the mods can correct they definitely know, if you aren't doing anything wrong, the staff by definition won't infract you. But I think abusing the report function wantonly is an infraction-worthy offense.
I don't think it's a good idea to infract people who use the report function because a bad arbiter may infract you for reporting someone who they like.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I don't think it's a good idea to infract people who use the report function because a bad arbiter may infract you for reporting someone who they like.
I feel the mods have mostly been fair, despite claims to contrary. Furthermore, I have only ever reported clear offenses, not mere statements I disagree with. If you follow the rules, stay measured, and report in good faith, you've got nothing to fear.

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
Code of Conduct's one step ahead of you. Emphasis on the last paragraph,

It doesn't explicitly say "You'll be infracted if you do this", but it's something of a given as a Code of Conduct that has no enforcement is a Code of Conduct that's quite useless.
Oh. You agree? I am glad to see that you have my back on this!

After all, we want things to be clear and concise.

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
I suggest adding at least one mod who's right-leaning.
I don't have much qualms about the work of the current moderation team (especially given the circumstances), and they are very clearly making a strong effort to act in an objective and unbiased manner, however:
Every human being has biases. Different perspectives are necessary to help see through those biases. A right-leaning mod could help with analyzing the situations that happen faster, more thoroughly and more accurately.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
I don't have much qualms about the work of the current moderation team (especially given the circumstances), and they are very clearly making a strong effort to act in an objective and unbiased manner, however:
Every human being has biases. Different perspectives are necessary to help see through those biases. A right-leaning mod could help with analyzing the situations that happen faster, more thoroughly and more accurately.
NO

D

Deleted member 82554

Or add staff that actually ban you for valid reasons. Because, you know, that's something every half-decent website should have.

D

Deleted member 82554

Did you appeal your ban properly? You seemed pretty combative towards the mods, that probably doesn't work in your favor.
Right now I'm somewhere between pushing the issue and letting it go. If the history of FA and FAF has proven anything it's that getting satisfactory results over a matter like that is nigh impossible and I'm fairly certain my trouble ticket was tampered with. Maybe I should go straight to IMVU about the matter but I doubt that would do any good either.

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
Right now I'm somewhere between pushing the issue and letting it go. But if the history of FA and FAF has proven anything it's that getting satisfactory results over a matter like that is nigh impossible and I'm fairly certain my trouble ticket was tampered with. Maybe I should go straight to IMVU about the matter but I doubt that would do any good either.
People have had success appealing decisions that were rushed or misguided.
But yeah, looks like you missed that bus. Best not to bring up old stuff again. Just think how you'd handle such situations more effectively in the future.

D

Deleted member 82554

People have had success appealing decisions that were rushed or misguided.
But yeah, looks like you missed that bus. Best not to bring up old stuff again. Just think how you'd handle such situations more effectively in the future.
I think I handled my last two bans well enough but I do believe that they were more out of bias or pressure form others (which hunting). Being banned for alleged ______ is one thing, but being banned for alleged ______ when there's no evidence to suggest so is another. So understandably I'm still a little pissed off about the matter, wouldn't you be?

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
I think I handled my last two bans well enough but I do believe that they were more out of bias or pressure form others (which hunting). Being banned for alleged ______ is one thing, but being banned for alleged ______ when there's no evidence to suggest so is another. So understandably I'm still a little pissed off about the matter, wouldn't you be?
Yeah, it's understandable. The mods seem a bit overwhelmed, given all the quarreling going on, and there do seem to be a lot of people who are trying to pressure them hard. From what I've seen: the mods are also in the process of learning the ropes of this place. Both have been moderating actively, for what, only 4 months now?

So, I'd say: FAF right now is still a work in progress.

D

Deleted member 82554

FAF is always a work in progress. That's the one quality I actually liked about SSJ3Mewtwo before he resigned. In my experience he was rarely heavy-handed but would give you plenty of warnings to steer you back in the right direction instead of just flat-out ban you. Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but that's what he did with me. It's little qualities like that, that separates good mods from bad mods.

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
FAF is always a work in progress. That's the one quality I actually liked the about SSJ3Mewtwo before he resigned. In my experience he was rarely heavy-handed but would give you plenty of warnings to steer you back in the right direction instead of just flat-out ban you. Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but that's what he did with me. It's little qualities like that, that separates good mods from bad mods.
I bet the heavy-handedness came from them being overwhelmed. Lots of garbage was going on, and they did what they thought they had to in order to steer things in the right direction. Not that these decisions were necessarily good ones, but as I said, they are still learning the ropes.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
I mean I'm not sure what your frame of reference is, but I've been to places that have a heavy handed moderation and this one doesn't really fall under that category. Perhaps it was because durings SSJs time there was almost no moderation that this suddenly seems heavy.

Flamingo

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very rarely would I ever 3.1 someone. Usually only for purposeful false reports.
We don't discuss our political leanings as a staff. It isn't a factor in our decision making.
Or add staff that actually ban you for valid reasons. Because, you know, that's something every half-decent website should have.
Still upset I see.
My problem right now is no one is answering my reports.
Weird. Does the forums not notify you when tickets are closed?
Yeah, it's understandable. The mods seem a bit overwhelmed, given all the quarreling going on, and there do seem to be a lot of people who are trying to pressure them hard. From what I've seen: the mods are also in the process of learning the ropes of this place. Both have been moderating actively, for what, only 4 months now?

So, I'd say: FAF right now is still a work in progress.
Luffy and I both have been on the team for years. While it's unfortunate to constantly have to interject in the arguments of the same people, I wouldn't say it's overwhelming. The death of forum specific rules and adoption of the main site UP/COC is probably the source of the dissonance. It's sometimes difficult to apply on the forums annnnd people certainly aren't used to it.

#4amInBedResponse

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Very rarely would I ever 3.1 someone. Usually only for purposeful false reports.

We don't discuss our political leanings as a staff. It isn't a factor in our decision making.

Still upset I see.

Weird. Does the forums not notify you when tickets are closed?

Luffy and I both have been on the team for years. While it's unfortunate tconstantly have to interject in the arguments of the same people, I wouldn't say it's overwhelming. The death of forum specific rules and adoption of the main site UP/COC is probably the source of the dissonance. It's sometimes difficult to apply on the forums annnnd people certainly aren't used to it.

#4amInBedResponse
It actually is supposed to give notifications when tickets are closed so yeah they probably aren't being looked at.

Flamingo

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They are being looked at and responded to. It's news to me that it doesn't notify you.