• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

LameFox

This has probably come up before but I really wish I didn't need to scroll all the way down my inbox to apply actions to the things I've selected. I don't know why it's like this but it shouldn't be, the buttons should just go at the top like a normal website.

kierogonal

I'd like to see added the ability to disable shouts on that users own profile.

I've seen years old threads about this so I know I'm not the only person that would like this feature. We can disable notes, block users and delete shouts but none of those options stops what almost every single shout is. Copy-pasted spam.

I'd also like to see an alternative block option that prevents a blocked user from loading the profile they are blocked from. This is less a priority for me than disabling shouts, but if I block someone, I want them blocked from seeing my profile entirely rather than them just not being able to leave a comment/shout/note.

Flamingo

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed. :) If you want shouts disabled in the meantime, just file a ticket under Code of Conduct and I will switch it off for you.

jdragondawn

As someone that still likes to make Flash animations sometimes, I was very sad and highly disappointed to see the option to upload Flash animations has been removed when I just went to upload one today (that I know works fine in the Ruffle emulator and due to simplicity is likely to always work).

My suggestion is to allow Flash uploads but display a large warning that it will be run by the emulator Ruffle and it working is not guaranteed, possibly further suggesting the user tests it if they want to be sure on Ruffle before upload. Though the world has given up making new Flash animations I never will.

Tempy111

Hang on.. Removing the option of swfs?!? bloody hell, as a long time flash developer (My first version wasn't even owned by Adobe) I think that's bloody stupid. Sure, Adobe (which has a lot of faults as a company) have decided to discontinue it but so what? there are tons of Flash developers and artists out their still and on FA. For well over a year, most places have a little 'you need to agree to allow flash' to deal with any safety issues that come by nasty coders and stupid users without a halfway decent AV. You just announced you are using the sadly still lacking but doing pretty bloody good Open Ruffle engine, so that's fine, and now you decide to stop support for a lot of people and a lot of creative work why? cause you don't believe people should have options open to them?

Adding support like you have, is bloody little code for you, even with the various coding issues FA has (god, that fact I had to sign up with a second account just to access this forum due to total lack of integration is one of the more minor ones), but like I said, adding ruffle stuff is bloody easy and you had it.. and then for some reason you decide to remove the option and all the work for what? did some bloody thick idiots want to get rid of stuff for not being 'hip' and 'cool'? Because the .. well, far from original developers didn't want to carry it on? does that mean all the dos games, console games etc that still go strong, with new releases for Megadrives, C64s, Spectrums etc, should also go fuck themselves?

Any chance of someone doing an open post somewhere to address why the hell this seams like a good option? I mean.. why? just tell me why there is an benefit in screwing over a lot of creators? is it a security risk? nope. Is it a huge undertaking? a small bit for some flash developers right now but not much and none on your part..

I had enough problem with bigoted narrow minded previous owners of FA.. Do I have to have the same with the so-called new ones?

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Hang on.. Removing the option of swfs?!? bloody hell, as a long time flash developer (My first version wasn't even owned by Adobe) I think that's bloody stupid. Sure, Adobe (which has a lot of faults as a company) have decided to discontinue it but so what? there are tons of Flash developers and artists out their still and on FA. For well over a year, most places have a little 'you need to agree to allow flash' to deal with any safety issues that come by nasty coders and stupid users without a halfway decent AV. You just announced you are using the sadly still lacking but doing pretty bloody good Open Ruffle engine, so that's fine, and now you decide to stop support for a lot of people and a lot of creative work why? cause you don't believe people should have options open to them?

Adding support like you have, is bloody little code for you, even with the various coding issues FA has (god, that fact I had to sign up with a second account just to access this forum due to total lack of integration is one of the more minor ones), but like I said, adding ruffle stuff is bloody easy and you had it.. and then for some reason you decide to remove the option and all the work for what? did some bloody thick idiots want to get rid of stuff for not being 'hip' and 'cool'? Because the .. well, far from original developers didn't want to carry it on? does that mean all the dos games, console games etc that still go strong, with new releases for Megadrives, C64s, Spectrums etc, should also go fuck themselves?

Any chance of someone doing an open post somewhere to address why the hell this seams like a good option? I mean.. why? just tell me why there is an benefit in screwing over a lot of creators? is it a security risk? nope. Is it a huge undertaking? a small bit for some flash developers right now but not much and none on your part..

I had enough problem with bigoted narrow minded previous owners of FA.. Do I have to have the same with the so-called new ones?

You realize ruffle is still in development, right?

Tempy111

Yep. still have a long way to go, and there are other ones out their (I mostly use swf's offline anyway or via a custom or pre-setup player), but it is perfect for small animations, basic visual novels and the like so far. with it's support getting better and better.

I can't tell your tone from your line so i'll take you as being friendly for now ^_^ (no offense) but I know a few creators who's stuff will be fine with ruffle.. Hell, I think my old jigsaw engine would work fine with the current state. If are suggesting it shouldn't be allowed cause it's currently in an alpha stage.. though it's bordering on Beta for AS2, then I see no reason to stop the option. just tell people when they upload to know it's not 100%. Hey, FA doesn't even give full support for the PNG format range yet (not that many people use APNGs) so.. I see no problem.

-Fallowfox-

Oh and I didn't say retiring Flash (as you put it) was bigoted. I said the previous owners who I had problems with were. I don't like people who automatically assume bigotry.. that's how it starts and grows and you get people being stupid like not liking others for the colour of their hair or the pigment of their skin next... bad path.. don't like it..

also, if you want to remove all old unsecure software.. well, I kinda wonder what you are using to view the internet.. any web browser, by it's nature, is unsecure.. unless you REALLY meant 'insecure'.. no offense, English not your first language? no problem, some of my closet friends have English as a second language.

jdragondawn

I realise that but it will be in development probably for decades. Many emulators never are complete. If you only allowed swf uploads when Ruffle runs everything then uploads of swfs will never be allowed again. As someone still making Flash animations sometimes I just desire the option to upload them be restored so that I can upload them if I wish. It displaying a large warning that compatibility is not guaranteed and allowing user the choice to try is he wishes is not unreasonable in my opinion.

Not sure how retiring flash files is 'bigoted'.

Old insecure software; can't really blame them.

It is not insecure to run it in the emulator Ruffle and I don't see a good reason to disable upload if the user wishes to. If they are bothering to have emulated Flash player to preserve all the existing content, as someone still making new Flash content, I really hope they re-enable the option to upload Flash swf files again.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
-Fallowfox-

Oh and I didn't say retiring Flash (as you put it) was bigoted. I said the previous owners who I had problems with were. I don't like people who automatically assume bigotry.. that's how it starts and grows and you get people being stupid like not liking others for the colour of their hair or the pigment of their skin next... bad path.. don't like it..

also, if you want to remove all old unsecure software.. well, I kinda wonder what you are using to view the internet.. any web browser, by it's nature, is unsecure.. unless you REALLY meant 'insecure'.. no offense, English not your first language? no problem, some of my closet friends have English as a second language.

????

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer

Yep. still have a long way to go, and there are other ones out their (I mostly use swf's offline anyway or via a custom or pre-setup player), but it is perfect for small animations, basic visual novels and the like so far. with it's support getting better and better.

I can't tell your tone from your line so i'll take you as being friendly for now ^_^ (no offense) but I know a few creators who's stuff will be fine with ruffle.. Hell, I think my old jigsaw engine would work fine with the current state. If are suggesting it shouldn't be allowed cause it's currently in an alpha stage.. though it's bordering on Beta for AS2, then I see no reason to stop the option. just tell people when they upload to know it's not 100%. Hey, FA doesn't even give full support for the PNG format range yet (not that many people use APNGs) so.. I see no problem.

-Fallowfox-

FA was financially backed by imvu but were run by the same people that are running it now.

Coding isn't that simple. That's all I will say on that.

FA could have said too bad so sad, like most other websites, but instead they are working towards preserving it however they can. Try and have a little patience. You can always export your animations and host them on places like YouTube in the meantime.

Tempy111

Coding isn't that simple. That's all I will say on that.
tell me about it. I've been coding since before my collage days, in a range of languages. Just installed Ruffle self hosting option on my person website (not decent coding cause it's an old thing I don't do too much work with) and works fine with everything, from interactive animations to games.

I do use Vimeo a tiny bit, but wouldn't use youtube as a first choice for much. And there interaction options stuff is pretty limited.. and of course, FA doesn't allow videos of any real kind.

Lovespell

Digital Artist
I'm sure this may have been suggested before, but I'll suggest it just incase it hasn't as it's a feature I'd really like to see sometime - blacklist tags to filter uploads containing those tags out - I know not everyone uses the tags but it'd work for at least part of the uploads on the site. Thanks for everything Dragoneer, the Mods, and the Coding Team, keep up the great work ^^

Last edited:

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Special characters being added to the reply dashboard for easy access might be nice, especially for non-anglophone users.

Puzzlegoblin

Kinda hoping "Goblin" will be added in the species tags. I know this is a furry site, but considering that "orc" is a species, and there's roughly the same amount of Art featuring goblins as there are orcs, I really hope this will at least be considered

James gryphon

I was wondering if the ability to make it so you get notifications of on person's mature and general art you follow but just general of another person you follow since a lot of artists post things they consider adult despite it fitting more to a mature theme