• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

D

Deleted member 82554

Dude, NOT cool!

"The Block" sounds like the worst horror movie of all time for millennials and Gen Z.

"Oh my god, Stacy blocked me on Facebook! THIS MEANS SOCIAL MEDIA WAR!"
Fair enough, it wasn't the best analogy. The point is so many get caught up with their own self-importance and morality of right and wrong in day-to-day life that they often forget that at the end of it we're all just people. Very few seem to treat anyone like they're an equal anymore and it's disheartening to see.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
One of the main reasons behind removing the politics forum was because many people were fighting each other consistently in that section, which also caused an overwhelming amount of reports the moderators had to deal with. Removing it has resulted in considerably less fighting and conflict between users, as well as making the jobs of staff much less stressful and frustrating.
In my opinion there needs to be space for aggression in any online community, otherwise tensions don't disappear, they merely fester under the surface.
I would be glad to volunteer for moderation if they brought this section back!

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
In my opinion there needs to be space for aggression in any online community, otherwise tensions don't disappear, they merely fester under the surface.
I would be glad to volunteer for moderation if they brought this section back!
As much as I'm a huge advocate for free speech, I disagree. This place is a whole lot better without the vitriol and needless grudges that resulted from that pit of endless dumpster fires. If ppl want to argue over pointless crap they have the rest of the Internet to air their rants. Let's keep FAF civil.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
As much as I'm a huge advocate for free speech, I disagree. This place is a whole lot better without the vitriol and needless grudges that resulted from that pit of endless dumpster fires. If ppl want to argue over pointless crap they have the rest of the Internet to air their rants. Let's keep FAF civil.
Hmm... with all due respect, the grudges still happen and the vitriol has merely gotten underground. And it's like the toxic topics just morph, and then if you want to stop toxicity from the newer topic of contention, you have to ban it too. Then toxicity morphes again, and another topic gets banned, and so on. It's like scooping water out of a sinking ship, I think instead it can be a submarine, let the water in the appropriate compartments and keep afloat

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
People come here to avoid politics and to avoid real life for a while and not to have that shit shoved in their faces everywhere. We have dedicated forums for politics that people can go to. If people are that interested in politics they can go there instead of shoving it into a god damn hobby.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Hmm... with all due respect, the grudges still happen and the vitriol has merely gotten underground. And it's like the toxic topics just morph, and then if you want to stop toxicity from the newer topic of contention, you have to ban it too. Then toxicity morphes again, and another topic gets banned, and so on. It's like scooping water out of a sinking ship, I think instead it can be a submarine, let the water in the appropriate compartments and keep afloat
Yeah, now it all simmers below the surface, waiting for the right moment to pop up again. Which is why random threads (or this one) 'suddenly' have fights crop up in them.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Yeah, now it all simmers below the surface, waiting for the right moment to pop up again. Which is why random threads (or this one) 'suddenly' have fights crop up in them.
To be fair, this also happened back then regardless, haha

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Exactly. It's like someone who knows nothing about alcohol abuse or addiction running an AA meeting, where's the sense in that?

Those that have been there know best.
You drank alcohol once so you're spiritually tainted. We're only accepting pure alcohol virgins in our fold here to guide us on the righteous path, and no, you don't get to keep the pin.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Well as far as mods are concerned, the one who was sympathetic to a domestic terrorist group stepped down last year, so all's in the clear!

Attaman was accurate pointing out that 2 users were banned in the last year after admitting to participating in a male-only neo fascist organisation, currently the subject of counter-terrorism investigations in the US and Canada.

We should be grateful to the staff that they recognised and responded to this, instead of taking opportunities to try to insult a voluntary staff service that protects us.

If you want to accuse SSJ of sympathising with terrorism for supporting Black Lives Matter, Dragoneer supports them as well. So if you really believe that makes somebody a terrorist sympathiser, then I'm surprised your comfortable using furaffinity at all.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I don't really care that much if they want to support a terrorist organization, I use this website for exposure and not much else :p I'm just wondering why people who claim to be that spooked about political violence would be comfortable using this one >.> Doesn't sound consistent
I think there's a very reasonable explanation.

Dragoneer doesn't support a terrorist organisation.

It's so simple.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I think there's a very reasonable explanation.

Dragoneer doesn't support a terrorist organisation.

It's so simple.
It really isn't tho, but whatever, as you know specific political discussions are not allowed :) I did my best to stay on-topic in this thread, please follow suit

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
[...] I think instead it can be a submarine, let the water in the appropriate compartments and keep afloat
I assume this is what the captain of the Bismarck assumed when he opened up the sea valves on his vessel.

let's just go dive and the royal navy will be none the wiser.

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
I assume this is what the captain of the Bismarck assumed when he opened up the sea valves on his vessel.

Completely off-topic but do you like Sabaton by any chance?

ben909

vaporeon

i really should take this somewere else, but with this analogy, could i bring up the concept of counter flooding on the other side of a dammaged ship to prevent it from turning over

Should i make a ship analogy thread

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
Yea, I don't mind them ^^
It be official, you're now my favourite hyena on the Citadel forum. :>

My mind immediately wandered off to Sabaton's "Bismarck". Good song, that one.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
i really should take this somewere else, but with this analogy, could i bring up the concept of counter flooding on the other side of a dammaged ship to prevent it from turning over

... wouldn't be the first ship sunk through counter-flooding ;P

It be official, you're now my favourite hyena on the Citadel forum. :>

My mind immediately wandered off to Sabaton's "Bismarck". Good song, that one.
ride eternal with me, shiny and chrome

ben909

vaporeon
Would it be nice if the softwere let us take groups of comments into a different thread for one tangent conversation that are probably derails get interesting, but would be better elsewhere

No idea if the softwere can do that though

Yakamaru

Spookdogg

We don't have any ship threads. Please, make one. Their historical usage throughout the ages could fill entire pages alone. Everything from the schooner to the frigates, battleships, ironclads.. drools in history

ride eternal with me, shiny and chrome

What are we riding and where are we riding? And I sure as hell ain't gonna ride behind you, mate. I am no small spoon. :V

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Would it be nice if the softwere let us take groups of comments into a different thread for one tangent conversation that are probably derails get interesting, but would be better elsewhere

No idea if the softwere can do that though
mods can move parts of conversation.
What are we riding and where are we riding? And I sure as hell ain't gonna ride behind you, mate. I am no small spoon. :V
if your not careful you're gonna be ridden.