• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I'm not sure if it has been suggested before, but it be nice to have like some sort of 'Verified' seller for commissions.
Like maybe a circle around a profile picture that shows they're verified. Or some kind of Star under their name?

Included with this, I think it could be really cool to have like a list of Verified sellers, and what they sell, with links to DM them or see their profile.

Personally I think this would help sellers not have to advertise so often, or bump their forum posts. As well as giving something useful for people who sell written works instead of art. As this site seems to be built nearly only around art sellers, neither are inherently better than the other, but it does provide a few difficulties.

If this can't be done or would be too time consuming, would it be possible to have a forum for writing sellers, or some sort of sticker on posts for what they are selling? Maybe like a pencil or quill for writers, and fanfiction
Then like a paintbrush or a chibi for artists.
There's already an independent "trustworthy sellers" group. From what I've seen, it has pretty good standards. I'm not sure what the website management could add to this, but it probably wouldn't have much to do when it comes to standards.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Having a verified system would likely just increase staff workload since they would have to record every verified users government i.d. Not many people want to do that and then if they do, that means accepting responsibility for anyone that decided to do shady business. Not something a hobby website that is run by volunteers should worry about imo.

Most people looking for escapism likely wouldn't be willing to do it.

Having a verified system would likely just increase staff workload since they would have to record every verified users government i.d. Not many people want to do that and then if they do, that means accepting responsibility for anyone that decided to do shady business. Not something a hobby website that is run by volunteers should worry about imo.

Most people looking for escapism likely wouldn't be willing to do it.
Ugh, a verified system requiring ID would be an absolutely disgusting thing to do.
Most people DO NOT want to be associated with their FA account be it due to certain kinks, etc - Let alone the sheer privacy concerns (IDs getting leaked, etc)

I was thinking and perhaps having a 'Streaming' section as an alternative to journals would be a pretty good idea.
Stops the stream spam for people not interested and perhaps it could be able to get turned off.
I don't want to see constant daily adverts for art streams, it's quite annoying to get spammed with a bunch when I'm looking at submissions or journals.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Ugh, a verified system requiring ID would be an absolutely disgusting thing to do.
Most people DO NOT want to be associated with their FA account be it due to certain kinks, etc - Let alone the sheer privacy concerns (IDs getting leaked, etc)
That would create a market for fake IDs!

ferretsage

Yes. But isn't it sad that furries have to be that way? Always afraid, always hiding -- afraid of being cancelled? Can't do anything; can't even face itself.

ferretsage

Doesn't change the fact that it's necessary and will be undoubtedly for an extremely long time.
I don't dispute that. I thought I never implied that I did, otherwise.
Having privacy is not the same thing as living into hiding.

This being said, FA is probably the last website I would trust with my ID
Correct, privacy is not secrecy, but furries would live quite differently if they had their own town and set their own rules, wouldn't they? And furries are sharply mean and defensive towards people who point this fact out -- even those with the best intentions. So, repression is a type of living in secrecy.

I wouldn't trust FA with my ID either, nor would I recommend such misplaced trust.

Last edited:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Perhaps some kind of status update widget like DA does (which again is way ahead of FA) could prevent the spam of stream advertisements.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
I'm sure this has been suggested many times before, but we could really use a watched submissions filter of some kind. Here's an example of why:

View attachment 103831

25 submission notifications today and I enjoyed viewing about 4 of them, though roughly 8 were actually fully finished artworks. This happens nearly every day for me.

The recent limitation on the number of reminders per day is nice, but it doesn't help to do anything about the sheer volume of them when watching a large number of artists. If there was an option to tick the various forms of non-art and such and hide it from view it would be great appreciated.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: If I cared I wouldn't need to be reminded. If I was going to support an artist's Patreon I'd make the decision on my own by checking to see if they had one. If I was interested in commissioning an artist, I'd check their page and ask them if they were accepting them.

I hold the same sort of philosophy with regular advertisers, in that the more I see a product advertised the less likely I am to support it. I'm sure many other users would appreciate a filter for this worthless spam as well.
Hate to have to bring this up again but not nearly as much as I hate seeing this crap every single day.

FAF.png

Maybe these things are helpful to somebody but he ain't me. I'm not in the market for a YCH, I prefer to dictate my own scenes. I'm not interested in watching an art stream, I've got other things to do and people to talk to instead, which I enjoy immensely more. I'm perfectly content with my own character, do not want another one, and am not interested in changing or replacing any of my existing designs. Maybe commission openings could be useful, but only from artists I'd actually consider commissioning and only when I am able to. If a super popular artist offers a single commission slot, I don't need to know about it because it's gone in ten seconds. Generally I seek out specific artists to commission instead of waiting, and if I am waiting for a specific artist to open, I will be watching for them specifically and don't need notifications.

We really need even just a basic content filter for this kind of "content." I don't want to see advertisement spam in my art feed and I don't think a lot of other people do either.

Hate to have to bring this up again but not nearly as much as I hate seeing this crap every single day.

Maybe these things are helpful to somebody but he ain't me. I'm not in the market for a YCH, I prefer to dictate my own scenes. I'm not interested in watching an art stream, I've got other things to do and people to talk to instead, which I enjoy immensely more. I'm perfectly content with my own character, do not want another one, and am not interested in changing or replacing any of my existing designs. Maybe commission openings could be useful, but only from artists I'd actually consider commissioning and only when I am able to. If a super popular artist offers a single commission slot, I don't need to know about it because it's gone in ten seconds. Generally I seek out specific artists to commission instead of waiting, and if I am waiting for a specific artist to open, I will be watching for them specifically and don't need notifications.

We really need even just a basic content filter for this kind of "content." I don't want to see advertisement spam in my art feed and I don't think a lot of other people do either.
Yeah, it does get very annoying to see the same spam, or raffle spam, or otherwise. Constantly getting ads from artists I like is just...Very annoying.
Some days I get 90% stuff I don't care about in the slightest, and 10% actual art, other days the opposite. It's extremely annoying to get your hopes up only to see the same stream notification, YCH or adopt.

Tag365

With the new settings for search, I suggest adding the ability to search for released material up to ten years ago.

More importantly, I want the ability to select if keywords, title, description, or most importantly, the username of the material, is used to determine if the search deems it a match. This would make it so I can avoid searching for material by the user named after the search term I've used. For example searching for Birdo will include submissions from the user named "Birdo" user, which is a problem when I don't intend to search for that user's submissions specifically and actually intend to search for material about the Mario character of the same name, which the user does not exclusively do.

quoting_mungo

With the new settings for search, I suggest adding the ability to search for released material up to ten years ago.

More importantly, I want the ability to select if keywords, title, description, or most importantly, the username of the material, is used to determine if the search deems it a match. This would make it so I can avoid searching for material by the user named after the search term I've used. For example searching for Birdo will include submissions from the user named "Birdo" user, which is a problem when I don't intend to search for that user's submissions specifically and actually intend to search for material about the Mario character of the same name, which the user does not exclusively do.
You can exclude usernames from search with operators and field searching; here's your example search: birdo @lower !birdo
(This would exclude all submissions by the user Birdo - if you want to include ones featuring the Mario characters by that user, you'd have to get into more complicated search strings.)

Having separate fields to help generate these searches would be cool, but at least there's a way to do it in the meantime?

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

I don't particularly disagree on this, but isn't this more on the artists rather than the site itself?

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
I don't particularly disagree on this, but isn't this more on the artists rather than the site itself?
It is, but if the artists were concerned about this they wouldn't be spamming advertisements all the time.

If user could filter the art from the ads should it please them, everyone would be happy.

Perhaps make it so the search function lets you choose between specific dates? Could help you find things in a more specific period and alls, if possible.
Such as, 5am on the 7th of Jan to the 18th of July.

Add a "give natani a cookie" button :3
Natani is the Best Natani, and I approve of this motion to cookie-biscuit thereupon! ^._.^

I also support the possibility of filtering out YCH/Streaming spamming in Notifications, since there's only one current category, and that's everything bucketed into one. I unfollowed an artist whose work I've enjoyed recently because almost all of the notifications (in this case, Journals) I've gotten from them for the better part of two years have been daily- or more frequently- Stream reminders, with a few bits and pieces of post-Patreon art posts as rare treasures.

When adding block-filtering, make it so there's two kinds of blocking: Total, and partial.
Partial being so that you don't see their images and such, but doesn't stop you communicating with them, etc.